Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Just use distilled water + yeah you have to get a feel for relaxing while doing it or youll never have it pass in one nose hole and out the other. In my experience breathing while letting it run through is the best way to get comfortable with the relaxation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

mystes posted:

Yeah, nasal irrigation is pretty awesome until it randomly kills you

:yeah:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I bought a 60 pound sand bag for workouts. I weighed it and it's actually closer to 80 pounds because the sand is so fine so I could pack way more in. I wanted to buy a set of dumb bells but sandbags are a fraction of the price and is easy to adjust weights.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Rolo posted:

I bought my first neti pot because my sinuses are like spoiled toddlers any time the climate sort of changes.

Game changer, I can breath.

My fix is honey whiskey, lemon juice, and hot sauce. Itll fix what ails ya.

Drank, not irrigated.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Coffee And Pie posted:

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Coffee And Pie posted:

Aaaagggghhbbbhbhbhbb

Coffee And Pie posted:

Drank, not irrigated.

Oh.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Honey to soothe the throat, whiskey for the pain, and the rest for the sinuses

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Coffee And Pie posted:

Honey to soothe the throat, whiskey for the pain, and the rest for the sinuses

If your whiskey aint doin all of that you need better whiskey

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Bottom Liner posted:

If your whiskey aint doin all of that you need better whiskey

I have been drinking Hudson Baby Bourbon lately and it is so goddamn good. I'm tempted to just have it as a house drink but I tend to burn through the stuff and it is $52/bottle.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Powerslide Next Blackout Supercruiser 110s

Can't wait to zoom around the city in these beautiful freakish things

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
A new book

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Looks like Bunnymachine has printed more of those Bulma shirts in case any of you wanted one.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Nephzinho posted:

I have been drinking Hudson Baby Bourbon lately and it is so goddamn good. I'm tempted to just have it as a house drink but I tend to burn through the stuff and it is $52/bottle.

I've only ever had their bourbon and their white whiskey, but both were very good. One of my go-to always have around bourbons is the 12 year Elijah Craig Small Batch. It's not blow your mind delicious or anything, but for about $40 it's hard to find anything better that's always in stock. WL Weller, Bernheim Wheat Whiskey, or Basil Hayden's are also really good picks for under $40.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

ReidRansom posted:

Looks like Bunnymachine has printed more of those Bulma shirts in case any of you wanted one.

You got a link to the shirt?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

ReidRansom posted:

A sweet Bulma shirt

Careful, there's some NWS stuff in that shop

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Solice Kirsk posted:

I've only ever had their bourbon and their white whiskey, but both were very good. One of my go-to always have around bourbons is the 12 year Elijah Craig Small Batch. It's not blow your mind delicious or anything, but for about $40 it's hard to find anything better that's always in stock. WL Weller, Bernheim Wheat Whiskey, or Basil Hayden's are also really good picks for under $40.

My house rule is that there is a bar shelf and a whiskey shelf, if there's no room for the bottle it is not allowed. Maker's is the poo poo I buy 1.75L at a time for every day drinking/cocktails, but I'm so tempted to replace it with Hudson.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Instax Mini 7S, only $7! Needs film but the flash works and all the light go.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I bought a last minute haircut because I was trimming my neck and messed up.

:saddowns:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

black.lion posted:

Sometimes I forget rollerskates are an actual thing that people use.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

black.lion posted:

I need to be as brave as you.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
Bought a Ridgid pipe vise:

Ratcheting pipe threader and dies:

And a cutting tool:

Going to build a cast iron pipe desk like this to fit over my amp and hold synth/drum machine stuff and give me a place to work on music stuff:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

OSU_Matthew posted:

And a cutting tool:

Going to build a cast iron pipe desk like this to fit over my amp and hold synth/drum machine stuff and give me a place to work on music stuff:

What was your total tool cost?

goku chewbacca
Dec 14, 2002

OSU_Matthew posted:

And a cutting tool:

Cool project.

Lowes and Home Depot will cut and thread iron pipe for the DIYer if you dont want to buy expensive tools.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Good luck finding someone to operate the machine or do a good job. It takes like 10 minutes of waiting at my nearest store just to get a 2x4 cut in two.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

goku chewbacca posted:

Lowe's and Home Depot will cut and thread iron pipe for the DIYer if you don't want to buy expensive tools.

Because of people assembling tables/desks/liquor carts a lot of stores enforce limits of either X cuts or will only thread Y ends of black pipe. Otherwise you tie up an employee making dozens of pieces 6" or shorter with both ends threaded, which takes all day.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

LingcodKilla posted:

Never count the cost of tools in a project's total cost :colbert:

That being said, thats like $500 to cut some pipes. I hope you have other projects lined up to use them.

You can also buy the pipes in a multitude of already threaded lengths from a few inches to many feet. Unless you are needing odd sizes just use the couplers like that desk in the picture.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Yea man tools are assets not expenses yo, buy every tool :hellyeah:

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007
I can do twice the work in half the time
A 20 panel, 6 kW solar system for the house. Went online yesterday.

SDG&E is now being supplemented by FG&E. Although it is a bit cloudy here today, so I may have to up my gas production.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Cat rear end Trophy posted:

SDG&E is now being supplemented by FG&E. Although it is a bit cloudy here today, so I may have to up my gas production.

Sauerkraut and Arbys for dinner then?

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

SpartanIvy posted:

Good luck finding someone to operate the machine or do a good job. It takes like 10 minutes of waiting at my nearest store just to get a 2x4 cut in two.

Thats exactly why I just figured gently caress it, gonna get the tools to do it myself. Plus I dont expect accurate cuts from HD anyways.

LingcodKilla posted:

A hair under two hundo... bought some crusty but fairly decent looking tools off fleabay. Honestly the vise set me back the most, but Ive been wanting to run some exterior conduit for another project so it works out. Plus I love big honkin vises :homebrew:

JEEVES420 posted:

Never count the cost of tools in a project's total cost :colbert:

That being said, thats like $500 to cut some pipes. I hope you have other projects lined up to use them.

You can also buy the pipes in a multitude of already threaded lengths from a few inches to many feet. Unless you are needing odd sizes just use the couplers like that desk in the picture.
I was initially planning on just buying pre cut lengths, but I wanted to do some odd sizing to very specifically accommodate the space and my speaker cab. Plus the savings of buying bulk pipe should help make up the difference.

Cant wait to tap some pipe :whatup:

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

I am easily suggestable and would like to know more :q:

gently caress I hate having a tiny apartment, I have no room to build poo poo :negative:

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

OSU_Matthew posted:

Plus I love big honkin vises :homebrew:

I'm in a small place at the moment and have all my tools in storage, but a great huge bench vise was one of the best things I ever bought. Changed my world when I was rebuilding my motorcycle. Like, I would never dream of disassembling an old brake caliper again without a bench vise handy.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

ReidRansom posted:

Changed my world when I was rebuilding my motorcycle.

Is this the one I've seen? Or did you rebuild one since? Either way, it was cool as poo poo.

I have a whole rear end garage and I almost feel bad I don't do garage stuff. I even put all my tools in the basement for the winter because figured it's better for the batteries.

duffmensch
Feb 20, 2004

Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem!

Cat rear end Trophy posted:

How much did the whole setup cost you?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Aramek posted:

Is this the one I've seen? Or did you rebuild one since? Either way, it was cool as poo poo.

I have a whole rear end garage and I almost feel bad I don't do garage stuff. I even put all my tools in the basement for the winter because figured it's better for the batteries.

The same!

Though it too is laid up in storage at the moment.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

black.lion posted:

Yea man tools are assets not expenses yo, buy every tool :hellyeah:

That was my idea.... I dont currently have plans to build anything but I was curious what the cost would be just to have them around in case I did.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Geoj posted:

Because of people assembling tables/desks/liquor carts a lot of stores enforce limits of either X cuts or will only thread Y ends of black pipe. Otherwise you tie up an employee making dozens of pieces 6" or shorter with both ends threaded, which takes all day.

When I worked at Lowe's I loved threading pipe and cutting wire because it was a nice break from my normal duties and took so long.

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007
I can do twice the work in half the time

duffmensch posted:

How much did the whole setup cost you?

The whole thing was $20,200. 20 panels, and were are on SDG&E credit swap. The idea being we produce excess during the day and earn credit for the electricity we use at night, thus zeroing out your bill over the course of a year. We did prewire the house in case we want to add battery storage in the garage. It would have to be a pretty large battery, as we charge an electric car during the night. And the system is a bit oversized, as we plan on adding AC this spring. There was a 30 percent federal tax credit available at the time of purchase. That part of it was financed by the solar company as a one year interest defered loan. The idea being, pay off the ~7K loan with the money you get back when you file your taxes. We were told "Whatever you do, make sure you pay it off within 1 year, otherwise you will end up paying credit card interest rates on the loan!" The remaining ~13K had a 3 percent, ten year loan. So our loan payment is about $50 less than our monthly electric bill.

I was very happy with the sales guy. Super responsive to change requests I made when planning the system, he always called back within a few hours if I emailed or texted. The Installers were great. One day install, no leaks in the roof, no debris left behind. But the project management team was loving horrible. From the time the contract was signed to power up, it was nearly five months, and over three months from install to power up. Other neighbors were averaging 10 days from install.

I'm just glad it is up and running now.

RandomZero
Aug 22, 2010

I bought some shoes and posed them for a picture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Jerry Cotton posted:

Sometimes I forget rollerskates are an actual thing that people use.

Roller BLADES, geez. Skates are for squares.

I used to skate to high school every day, was faster than a car since there was a creek in the way for drivers. But that was in 90s Canada, and we'd play actual roller hockey in the local rink after school.