Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Does Dragons Dogma have a lot of nudity in it?

How many harpies are you gonna fight?

https://www.esrb.org/ratings/Synopsis.aspx?Certificate=32780&Title=Dragon%27s+Dogma%3a+Dark+Arisen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

content
Feb 13, 2014

That’s Dragon’s Dongma

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'm kind of stunned Dragon's Dogma is like 27 bux on Amazon. Probably one of the first "big name ports" that's being priced well, unlike most of the other 60bux releases. Management at Capcom has been really good lately besides their catastrophic fighting game division. Gives me hope that even Devil May Cry and Killer7 will find their way onto Switch.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I'm pretty sure $30 is what the PS4/XB1 ports of DD that came out last year were priced at too, so at least they're consistent.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I’d pay the full $60 for a Killer7 port that had gyro aiming.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

SeANMcBAY posted:

I’d pay the full $60 for a Killer7 port.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Wish it was coming out sooner. April 23 is a ways out there.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

AlBooblantern Corps

Thread living up to its horny reputation.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

There's a Clock Simulator on Swtich now. Only ten times more expensive than on Steam, in some regions.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Sam Faust posted:

Wish it was coming out sooner. April 23 is a ways out there.

Same day as MK11. Gonna be a good day!

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I bought minecraft. After playing it for about three minutes I think I’m gonna sell it. Thought it might make for some good couch coop but it’s just bad. Who likes Minecraft. Why.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Vegetable posted:

I bought minecraft. After playing it for about three minutes I think I’m gonna sell it. Thought it might make for some good couch coop but it’s just bad. Who likes Minecraft. Why.

It's literally for little kids isn't it? Like not in a Pixar or Mario way.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

Inzombiac posted:

Dragon's Dogma is only $30.

...poo poo.

Never played Dragon's Dogma, assuming the portable performance is solid I'll definitely pick this up...

Is there any reason the Switch shouldn't be able to run this at 60fps?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The only version that turns it at anything over 30 is PC so yes.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Knorth posted:

I honestly can't believe there isn't an arms character in smash

They did make one of them an assist trophy, so he goes in the pile with other memorable characters such as a nintendog and the fly swatter from Mario Paint

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Tom Gorman posted:

They did make one of them an assist trophy, so he goes in the pile with other memorable characters such as a nintendog and the fly swatter from Mario Paint

Both of those are unironically better characters

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Tom Gorman posted:

It's pretty odd when you consider ARMS is a fighting game. Having Spring Man (and maybe Ribbon Girl as an Echo Fighter) seems like it'd be a pretty solid lock for Smash Bros.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

JBP posted:

It's literally for little kids isn't it? Like not in a Pixar or Mario way.

It was never 'for' anyone. It was one of the original indie early access games that blew up because p much everyone liked it.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They finalized the smash roster in 2015 except for one of the finalized characters just being "Gen 7 Pokemon" having not decided on that yet. ARMS want in any state of development where a non EAD team would even know about it.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I think they said ARMS came out when Smash Bros was too far in development to add in a new character or something to that effect.

Edit: beaten.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

spring man is also just bland. gently caress spring man

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

SeANMcBAY posted:

I’d pay the full $60 for a Killer7 port that had gyro aiming.
I don't have the source on me at this exact moment but the official word from Suda 51 is that he'd love to do a Killer7 Switch port, but Capcom owns all the rights. That doesn't make it impossible, since a PC port was released on Steam recently, but it does add obstacles.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Capcom's releasing some of the Resident Evil games on Switch this year. 2019 might be the year of the Capcom Switch port.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Detective No. 27 posted:

Capcom's releasing some of the Resident Evil games on Switch this year. 2019 might be the year of the Capcom Switch port.

Can't wait for portable RE4 :toot:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

They should do an HD version of Viewtiful Joe for Switch. That would look gorgeous in handheld mode.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Dearest capcom,
Ports are cool but you haven't made a new game for the switch that wasn't megaman or stupid
-Dad

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Capcom is one of the few Japanese companies still doing AAA graphics games so you probably won't see any of their new stuff on Switch outside of Mega Man 11 style throwbacks.
It's not impossible they might do something specifically for it but it's very rare they have any exclusives nowadays.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Why does every guide for Smash use weird symbols or names for the buttons that aren't A/B/X/Y. Is there some other console this game is out for with different button labels? /s

Is it just the Smash community equivalent of how DotA 2 players refer to characters by what their name would have been in DotA 1, to prove gently caress you newbie we've been here longer?

Andrast posted:

I guess it's because you can change what the buttons do

OK, that makes sense, but why would anyone who needs a guide do this?

Imagined fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Jan 10, 2019

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Imagined posted:

Why does every guide for Smash use weird symbols or names for the buttons that aren't A/B/X/Y. Is there some other console this game is out for with different button labels? /s

Is it just the Smash community equivalent of how DotA 2 players refer to characters by what their name would have been in DotA 1, to prove gently caress you newbie we've been here longer?

I guess it's because you can change what the buttons do

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
That and Smash started accepting different controllers for inputs since Brawl. (Aside from the 3DS version of 4.)

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Dr. Fetus posted:

That and Smash started accepting different controllers for inputs since Brawl. (Aside from the 3DS version of 4.)

But all those different controllers (Wiimote, GCN controller, Pro Controller, Classic Controller) all use Nintendo's A/B/X/Y layout.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Are you forgetting the Joy - cons which have never used XABY since they can be turned on their side? All the diagrams for them just show the direction of the button you should press

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Imagined posted:

But all those different controllers (Wiimote, GCN controller, Pro Controller, Classic Controller) all use Nintendo's A/B/X/Y layout.

You can change which buttons do what with customized controls. This is not a new thing, or even exclusive to Smash Bros. There's a good reason fighting game instructions in-general list inputs in terms of Punch/Kick/Guard rather than "A/B/X buttons".

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Sudden Javelin posted:

Are you forgetting the Joy - cons

... yes

I withdraw my complaint.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
lol zelda 2 and blaster master, are you kidding me

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It was never 'for' anyone. It was one of the original indie early access games that blew up because p much everyone liked it.

Ok. All I know of it as far as consumers go is seeing footage of some kind of Minecraft con where the company came out and addressed a crowd of very excited tweens.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Wonderif nintrndo wil repet last year and drop teh durect inbeit minuts

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Imagined posted:

Which moves? B Moves are called B Moves. A Moves have different names because A can do like 4 different things. You can't say Up-A because that could be a tilt, smash, or air up A.

Uptilt, Downtilt, Forward tilt: Press A and direction

Upsmash, DOwnsmash, Forward Smash: Press A and direction, but harder

Jab: Press A and no direction

At first Nair and Bair and Fair are weird to get used to but it's literally just Direction+Air, for aerial moves.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I don't understand how you could not at least be peripherally aware of the huge and wide fanbase Minecraft has after it being out for at least 10 years, like fine if you don't enjoy it but saying it's literally only enjoyed by kids is evidently extremely wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
If I'm playing okami on the TV should I use the joycons for motion control or stick with the pro pad