Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Game literally killed itself when they killed the traversal powers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
Silver Surfer's original teleport range was so much fun.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

remember when that gaz dev was reading this thread and livetweeting screenshots of posts and banning goons?

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
F

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

punchymcpunch posted:

remember when that gaz dev was reading this thread and livetweeting screenshots of posts and banning goons?

Hell yeah that’s the day me and my friends became FAMOUS!

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Hell yeah that’s the day me and my friends became FAMOUS!

You're always famous in our heart, ICR

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I was playing Path of Exile today and there were no boon parties and no collectible presents to turn in for credits and pets. I miss Marvel Heroes.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Well ok, this certainly isn't doomed to fail, right?
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/01/04/former-hearthstone-developers-making-marvel-game/

Oh wait...no

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
the wooferine cannot be tempered by our pessimism. he is a creature of pure light and hope

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
also happy 2019, cant wait for advance pack 4 to finally finish up

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Solid image choice, RPS. Marvel game indeed.

Edit: ah its some kind of reverse April Fool's Day thing is my guess.

"I’ll point out that Ong’s string of adjectives drops heavy hints that Second Dinner’s Marvel game will include Aquaman, Swamp Thing, Krypto, and Midnighter."

RosaParksOfDip fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Jan 4, 2019

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

They even end it with a direct image credit to "DC Comics", so clearly the image choice was a joke on some level. Which I can appreciate, as the whole article basically seems to be the most passive aggressive making GBS threads on the game before we even know anything (beyond that it is undoubtedly a card game) imaginable.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
I still see green orbs in my dreams

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Zaodai posted:

They even end it with a direct image credit to "DC Comics", so clearly the image choice was a joke on some level. Which I can appreciate, as the whole article basically seems to be the most passive aggressive making GBS threads on the game before we even know anything (beyond that it is undoubtedly a card game) imaginable.

It doesn't make sense why they'd poo poo on it. Some weird tribalism for or against Hearthstone?

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

super sweet best pal posted:

It doesn't make sense why they'd poo poo on it. Some weird tribalism for or against Hearthstone?

More likely because lovely cash grab card games are the new big thing, so there's not really going to be anybody hype for a new one regardless of what it is.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Hearthstone guys who left Blizzard are making a Marvel game. Not a lot of details but

quote:

“In all likelihood, this will be the best game ever made,” said Hamilton Chu, CEO. “I made a spreadsheet so I’m pretty sure."

Marvel Heroes Mobile incoming

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Game literally killed itself when they killed the traversal powers.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
I'm excited that they're adding the Future Foundation cards back to the shop, I missed those costumes!

Svensken
May 29, 2010

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Hearthstone guys who left Blizzard are making a Marvel game. Not a lot of details but

Marvel Heroes Mobile incoming

This already exists though!??

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Svensken posted:

This already exists though!??

marvel will not rest until there are more phone games than movies

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
could really go for some marverl heroes rn

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

dude fuckin same

real talk I've been in such a bad place mentally these days and MH's colorful everything and satisfying combat used to help me a lot and i have nothing to fill that void.

Dark and dismal ARPGs are all there are.

Diablo 3 would work if I didn't play it to death and the Torchlight games are poo poo and Van Helsing sucks in every regard but its theme.

Where the cartoony ARPGs at? :smith:

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Deakul posted:

dude fuckin same

real talk I've been in such a bad place mentally these days and MH's colorful everything and satisfying combat used to help me a lot and i have nothing to fill that void.

Dark and dismal ARPGs are all there are.

Diablo 3 would work if I didn't play it to death and the Torchlight games are poo poo and Van Helsing sucks in every regard but its theme.

Where the cartoony ARPGs at? :smith:

The fact that this game was completely brain dead made it the best stress ball after a lovely day.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Ugly In The Morning posted:

The fact that this game was completely brain dead made it the best stress ball after a lovely day.

And then they revamped Mr. Dad and you could BE the stress ball

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

Amen brother. Never Forget.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

mods changed my name posted:

could really go for some marverl heroes rn

Same but the version before the travel power nerf.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Remember the original Omega system

Christ, remember both the Omega systems. gross

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
The beginning of the end for me was when they started adding a million and one currencies that were all inventory items. Then upping drop rates but expanding roll variances. My inventory and stashes became so full of garbage, that it became a chore to sort it so i just logged back out. BUE was just the final nail.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

i miss learning facts about nuts

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
I miss my parked Punisher van

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

I would be happy with just a single player version.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i miss x for mape escape

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no

HebrewMagic posted:

I miss my parked Punisher van

i miss driving it around :sigh:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

802.11weed posted:

i miss driving it around :sigh:

You never drove that van shitlord

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
There will never be a playstyle as fun as Silver Surfer.

Or an ult as cool as Doom.

Or a :toot: as :gaz: as Toot Force.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6JX4Ok-MzA

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Deadpoop could be played with three active brain cells. Iron Fist and Doctor Doom, OTOH, were really in-depth.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
i hated playing the hulk but I still grinded out his white tux (post bue) and that required like killing 1000 elite dudes whatever in each area and I think the first area in the game spawned like 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

i bought his grey suit then made a sub-optimal build that let me just jump from group to group holding down his ranged tantrum button and he still cleared everything with no problems.