Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I mean, they do keep nerfing Brigitte's ability to fight DPS on her own, while not doing much about the fact that lots of HP and lots of healing make DPS superfluous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Rand Brittain posted:

I mean, they do keep nerfing Brigitte's ability to fight DPS on her own, while not doing much about the fact that lots of HP and lots of healing make DPS superfluous.

yeah it'll be interesting to see how the armor change affects that. but if your take on the game up until this patch was "god they keep making GBS threads on supports and tanks in favor of DPS characters! (ps: delete hanzo)" your opinion is absolutely divorced from reality

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Aww I thought this was the mechanics tryhard, copying there.

kaleedity fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jan 8, 2019

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Since we're complaining now in this thread as well, it's pretty cool that widow's 300 damage headshot hasn't been nerfed ever. Epic win imo.

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

having played a couple of hundred hours of tanks, most of the shotgun characters aren't really the thing that ever felt too annoying to deal with. Obviously, you have to watch the reaper as winston, but how's he gonna catch you? The worst things have always mostly ignored armor like out of LoS junkrats, pharah, snipers, and so on. Course, most of those can't do poo poo if I'm in a goatsquad.

If you're rolling reaper right now and brigitte ults you're pretty much throwing if you don't swap to something else.

Guigui
Jan 19, 2010
Winner of January '10 Lux Aeterna "Best 2010 Poster" Award
Would that mean that a mercy pocketing a reaper would be bettwr off applying a damage boost to heal the reaper as opposed to using the healing beam?

(factoring in 100% accuracy on the part of the reaper...)

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Guigui posted:

Would that mean that a mercy pocketing a reaper would be bettwr off applying a damage boost to heal the reaper as opposed to using the healing beam?

(factoring in 100% accuracy on the part of the reaper...)

if he's scrapping yeah -- I mean, if the reaper is within 5m and is putting shots into like the back of a dva.

Generally Mercy does not want to be close enough to apply healing or damage buff to reaper at that range. At 10m reaper damage is cut in half, so all the lifesteal goes down.

5m is like reinhardt swing range, 20m is hog hook/moira basic damage range for an idea

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Montalvo posted:

Brigitte is the new Mercy*

*(a support hero whose abilities force DPS players to have to stop and think for a second or two, so naturally they focus all their ire against her until Blizzard inevitably acquiesces to their demands and continues to make Overwatch even less fun for non-DPS players) :ssh:

100x this. Apparently Brigitte being able to gently caress up a genji/tracer who gets within her SHORT AS gently caress range is game-breaking, but having these characters able to enter and exit the fight at will is absolutely loving crucial and anything that punishes them at all is going to get patched right out. They already killed the damage so she can't combo a guaranteed kill anymore, but I guess that's just not enough.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Mystery Deathmatch has just reaffirmed my belief that Zarya should be able to bubble other players in DM to interfere with kills and to power up.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

What's up with the weirdos who never ever post except when some 90℅ winrate support gets mildly tuned down in order to get mad at the (((DPS))) illuminati with posts that are basically copy and pasted from mercy mains posts on the Official Blizzard Forum or perhaps a Tumblr blog that hasn't played the game in four years and thinks headshot are not meaningfully different then tf2 random crits.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

The tf2 sniper could generate his own body shot crits by tossing a mason jar full of his own pee at enemies.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

resistentialism posted:

The tf2 sniper could generate his own body shot crits by tossing a mason jar full of his own pee at enemies.

Call me slow but I just realized this was probably the inspiration for Ana's grenade

Grandma Piss

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

God tf2 was such a good game.

Why doesn't overwatch have 32 player instant respawn 24/7 hightower servers.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

people's computers would explode with that many ults out at once

urea
Aug 18, 2013

Badwater basin was the best map of any shooter prove me wrong. (you can't)

highmodulus
Feb 16, 2011

Let's go crazy Broadway style!

urea posted:

Badwater basin was the best map of any shooter prove me wrong. (you can't)

Hard to top classic 2Fort for the hours of fun factor.

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

highmodulus posted:

Hard to top classic 2Fort for the hours of fun factor.

this really

i'd drop overwatch in a second if we could just get that back

tf3 plz valv

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Can someone explain to me what 2fort is/was and what it was so fun? I never played tf2 but I imagine it was similar to halo 2's tower of power

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

i am the only person on this dumb earth stupid enough to prefer l4d3 over tf3, AMA

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

World War Mammories posted:

i am the only person on this dumb earth stupid enough to prefer l4d3 over tf3, AMA

I also want l4d3 instead of tf3 because I didn't like tf3.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

SciFiDownBeat posted:

Can someone explain to me what 2fort is/was and what it was so fun? I never played tf2 but I imagine it was similar to halo 2's tower of power

it's more like tf2's version of blood gulch, or facing worlds if you were an unreal tournament guy

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

It was a map where you set your server for 24/7 2fort, bring in 50% more players than it was designed for, and the map objective would rarely ever be achieved. Bonus points for turning on instant respawn.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Most importantly, it was a CTF map with no/very long time limit. Since the objective was so hard to cap with that many players, it just became a goofing around map.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
It also has some serious design issues, like having all routes to the flag go via the enemy spawnpoint.

2Fort was the most awful map if you actually tried to go for the objective.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

I got pretty good at going up the drop down as a force scout. You could run past the spawn turrets to the spiral without getting hit.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Laputanmachine posted:

It also has some serious design issues, like having all routes to the flag go via the enemy spawnpoint.

Yeah, you effectively had to fight your way right past the enemy spawn doors on the way in, and then again on the way out (with enough time between for them to respawn).

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
yeah but the 2 fort with the extended basement hoo doggy. what objective? so fun just fighting people.

actually overwatch could do this. junkertown 12v12s

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

2fort was only spared from being the worst map by hydro's existence. now there's a bad idea for a map right there

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Laputanmachine posted:

It also was a CTF map, so not only did you have to go right by their spawn room, you had to do so *twice* in order to retrieve the flag.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

It was so drat satisfying to actually score a capture on 2Fort, though.

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
:911: Lost Continents :911:

You will be forever missed.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Boogle posted:

Shame there no custom servers with more then 12 players. Would love a goon 32 server, that nobody cares about reporting and then spraying awful pictures at the doors.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

SciFiDownBeat posted:

it basically is what you imagine. the "main" point was a higly iconic two facing battlements upon which on a team of 12, at least 4 snipers would try to click on each other's heads. the spawns were directly next to these battlements so if you killed a sniper you'd be seeing them again in 15 seconds tops. folk could cross the moat on a bridge if they were stupid or they could use mobility skills to cross the gap between bases in an eyeblink and elicit a lot of rage chat from the 4 battlement snipers on the other team, not helped by the fact that when they were done typing, you were 100% ready to spawn camp them and kill them again, because all the spawn rooms were basically adjacent to the battlements. then you merely had to navigate a series of tight corridors to nab the flag, then do it all again as you escaped except 100% of the people killed will be spawning and running directly into you on the way out.

its a stupid loving map for idiots. its the first map i played in TFC in the pre-9-11 days, and its my favorite TFC map. it's so awful.

Rirse posted:

Shame there no custom servers with more then 12 players. Would love a goon 32 server, that nobody cares about reporting and then spraying awful pictures at the doors.

SA servers shunned this, which is why they lasted as long as they did.

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.
I happily played many hours on 24/7 2fort maps as spy attempting to actually cap the objective. Tons of fun messing with engies and getting melted By pyros

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

Boogle posted:

i don''t miss it, every time i logged in to check it out there were just racist slurs and other edgy poo poo loving everywhere
had to double check i didn't join a 4chan server

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

I Said No posted:

i don''t miss it, every time i logged in to check it out there were just racist slurs and other edgy poo poo loving everywhere
had to double check i didn't join a 4chan server

I think we were playing on different Lost Continents because I don't remember any racist poo poo. Everyone was chill and had a good time when I was there (2009-2011ish).

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Wildtortilla posted:

I think we were playing on different Lost Continents because I don't remember any racist poo poo. Everyone was chill and had a good time when I was there (2009-2011ish).

I was a bit before that time (2008-2010) but yeah I don't remember it being bad at all aside from the occasional breakout of drama and whining whenever one of the good snipers or scouts would show up and wreck everyone.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I enjoyed visiting to play highlander a few times over the years, although I was very bad

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sqp7gi lol

edit: wrong thread but w/e

Akumos fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jan 10, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

:stare: