Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

EL BROMANCE posted:

I visited my hometown after moving out the country a few years ago (just before Brexit kicked off), and I saw what has been dubbed the invasion of 'spice zombies' all around town. All the good bars are closing because of massive rent hikes, probably from the people who own the buildings and generally based in London. Shut it all down.

Ahhhhh what's worse. Our rapidly approaching destruction and mad max future or the hot takes of expats?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ugh expat is the worst word, just because of the type of people it brings to mind (Brits who retire to Spain then moan about the ‘blahdy forners’ around them). Immigrant, if you please.

And if you want to share a more positive view of the UK and how it’s changed over the last few years, be my guest. Can’t say I saw anything that made me think ‘well that’s better’, but I’d like to think *something* has improved since I left despite the nations desire to sabotage itself constantly. New £1 coins that mean I don’t have to deal with fakes in my change anymore? That might be it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The worst word is “scooch”

https://twitter.com/wewuzboomers/status/1083142974374998016?s=12
wewuzboomers

zoux has a new favorite as of 00:44 on Jan 10, 2019

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

when he himself is made of carbon

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
this one was pretty good as well

https://twitter.com/WeWuzBoomers/status/1082703556908630017

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/llw902/status/1083175649773113345

I made a good tweets thread because we don't have one and hopefully it will have less derails YALL
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3879285

zoux has a new favorite as of 03:00 on Jan 10, 2019

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I own a home. It's my husband's too, obviously, and I know we were extremely loving lucky. We bought less than a year before the Canadian housing bubble went berserk and no one else I know can afford anything. Our house is valued at triple what we bought it for (not worth it at all, the inflated price is absurd), and if we waited even 6 months we would have been poo poo out of luck and not qualify for a mortgage on the same house. I feel seriously, seriously bad for every one of my friends in their 20s and 30s who can't afford to own a home. They also work their asses off. Just because they don't have a house doesn't mean the don't work hard and that's a lovely loving thing to say.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

"'Conservative' on facebook posted:

Alex Jones is a lot of things, but I don’t think nazi would be one. Just because someone doesn’t agree with your worldview doesn’t equate them to being a nazi. But someone who celebrates the repression of someone’s rights because they don’t agree with them, well that might be a little closer to being a nazi than you would like to admit.

wow what a nuclear take

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

lol yeah. The famous communist institution of mastercard

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I'm gonna take a stab in the dark and guess that MasterCard are the latest people in a long line to deny Gab a service.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://www.gameinformer.com/2018/12/26/bethesda-allegedly-asking-banned-fallout-76-mod-users-to-write-personal-essays

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Away all Goats posted:

lol yeah. The famous communist institution of master(race)card

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Do they mean yellow because uh Chinese people?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

zoux posted:

Do they mean yellow because uh Chinese people?

It's the two tone colors of the flag of the Soviet Union?

And also China's flag, I guess.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Don't anarchists use yellow too? For dim bulbs everyone who isn't a good guy is a bad guy and all the bad guys are on the same team.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas

MariusLecter posted:

It's the two tone colors of the flag of the Soviet Union?

And also China's flag, I guess.

And McDonald's.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Red and yellow... A communists favorite hot dog condiments! :argh:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Facebook Aunt posted:

Don't anarchists use yellow too? For dim bulbs everyone who isn't a good guy is a bad guy and all the bad guys are on the same team.

Only the ones who aren’t really anarchists.

Anarchism’s colour theme is black with sometimes red.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

"Quick q: what the gently caress is wrong with your mind" would be a good thread title. Maybe a band name too.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

you imbecile. you loving moron"

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
i really wish we could all just post stupid people rather than homophobic people... i come to this thread to laugh and i don't find humor in being constantly reminded how many people loving hate me, sorry for being a snowflake about it

Mordekai
Sep 6, 2006

Salt in the wound eases the soul.

PurpleXVI posted:

Plus I'm not sure why the Russians are magically incapable of affecting their own country. Russia still pays enough lip service to democratic institutions that a sufficiently numerous group of angry people can affect a change without needing to set things on fire.

This is the most naive thing I've read in a long while.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yeah what the gently caress has NASA ever accomplished

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Everything spacex has achieved is because of Nasa and how capitalism hosed it and is why we aren't living on moonbases and vacationing on Mars.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Also why the gently caress are my youtube rec's like this I've never watched one of these

puppets freak me out
Dec 18, 2015

Oh look at that, they've arrested the entire Jewish family next door. I don't agree with that, but it's good to have a healthy dialogue between different ideologies. I am a smart, reasonable man.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

zoux posted:

Also why the gently caress are my youtube rec's like this I've never watched one of these

White male characters are always written with consideration to human flaws or weaknesses. They're not unrealistically strong or cool under pressure, and rarely gifted with a hidden power or knowledge that allows them to assert their will against an existential threat. Other characters, especially women, routinely feel neutral to negative about them, and must be won over by a display of value instead of inherent qualities.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/robrousseau/status/1083384438095003648

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

puppets freak me out posted:

Oh look at that, they've arrested the entire Jewish family next door. I don't agree with that, but it's good to have a healthy dialogue between different ideologies. I am a smart, reasonable man.

The ideology of "hate gays": naughty!

The ideology of "gay": exactly as naughty!

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Brawnfire posted:

White male characters are always written with consideration to human flaws or weaknesses. They're not unrealistically strong or cool under pressure, and rarely gifted with a hidden power or knowledge that allows them to assert their will against an existential threat. Other characters, especially women, routinely feel neutral to negative about them, and must be won over by a display of value instead of inherent qualities.

:thejoke:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

:mad:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

EL BROMANCE posted:

I visited my hometown after moving out the country a few years ago (just before Brexit kicked off), and I saw what has been dubbed the invasion of 'spice zombies' all around town. All the good bars are closing because of massive rent hikes, probably from the people who own the buildings and generally based in London. Shut it all down.

Did you grow up in Newton Haven by Any chance, Gary?

Arc Hammer has a new favorite as of 16:55 on Jan 10, 2019

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ha, had to google that reference. I think I’m the only one who liked that film :(

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
https://twitter.com/TheRightMelissa/status/1083210053090504705?s=19

and the replies

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/bj141cox/status/1082858071204995073

:chloe:

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

zoux posted:

I've noticed the same thing on my Youtube. Despite never searching for that kind of thing, I occasionally see stuff like 'Crazy SJW Shut Down!' in my recommended feed. It's really obnoxious.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
as much poo poo as facebook, twitter etc. get for spreading nazi propaganda, youtube is the same in that they see these ridiculous sexist babbling videos get hundreds of thousands of views and so try to push them to anyone they think is close to that demographic. so if you've watched a couple of nerd videos about like video games or military history or anything like that you'll get SJW hate videos too

it's like the insane procedurally generated videos for toddlers where spider man gives birth to a gorilla except for mental instead of literal children

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Youtube also scans video subtitles to find videos to add to the recommendation algorithm, I'm pretty sure. I watched a video that mentioned some super obscure movie once and not too long after there were clips and reviews of the movie all over my recommendations. The whole system is absurdly bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I've noticed the same thing on my Youtube. Despite never searching for that kind of thing, I occasionally see stuff like 'Crazy SJW Shut Down!' in my recommended feed. It's really obnoxious.

I keep getting "Dinesh D'Souza OWNS liberal student" as a recommended video. You're watching old SNL skits? Here's a crazy man rambling about Killary.