Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I'm in the same boat. I'm pretty sure I'm just done with random encounters and simple ATB-based games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Sakurazuka posted:

Easy trick to get rid of her annoying voice: play in Japanese

Does it have the option to switch individual character voices to Japanese? I got a copy of WOFF, but haven't gotten around to playing it.

Killer Is Dead had that option and it was an absolute godsend because the main character's cutesy twee assistant had an incredibly grating English voice.

Some fighting games have that option too, right?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

did anybody play the new WOFF edition or what

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool

Relax Or DIE posted:

I tried to get into WoFF but even for a nostalgia addled fool like me the pacing/battle system just didn't keep me interested

Something I learned from the demo, and I'm not sure how well this holds up in the full version but I can't imagine it wouldn't, is to set combat to simple mode (so commands are mapped to individual buttons rather than having a menu) and turn all of the speed options to max. That way the combat is at least different, as it's otherwise a generic turn-based combat system with a dumb gimmick.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Super No Vacancy posted:

I put it on my PSN wishlist but the DLC costs more than I paid for the game so I'm fine to wait

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Sorry you lost the ability to read

Look I'm as old school as they come, but even I can acknowledge the advancement in games where putting in voiced dialogue means I don't have to read. If I wanted to hear foreign babbling while reading I'd just open a book while taking care of my nephew.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

No because it didnt add much and the game isnt even good enough to want to beat once

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I'll admit, I haven't touched FF14 in weeks, why is Agrias a giant angel girl? Well, I already know the giant part, although it's not the reason I want it to be...

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Gologle posted:

I'll admit, I haven't touched FF14 in weeks, why is Agrias a giant angel girl? Well, I already know the giant part, although it's not the reason I want it to be...

don't share your fetishes please

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I can't believe Gogole was Cabbagepots the whole time.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
And while we're at it, what's the deal with Ultima and her literal crotch monster? If she's called ultima, why isn't she the ultimate final boss, eh?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I can't believe it was actually Atma Weapon all along

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Mega64 posted:

Not being able to understand a Final Fantasy game is a blessing.

Not emptyquoting.

e:

quote:

I can't believe it was actually Atma Weapon all along

The real Atma was the friends we made alon-

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This week I started on Final Fantasy Tactics (PSX version) for the first time ever. This is one of the few Final Fantasy games i've never played.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Actually, no, gently caress Agrias or Ultima, what the gently caress is THIS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHz6FcTjYp0

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

I said come in! posted:

This week I started on Final Fantasy Tactics (PSX version) for the first time ever. This is one of the few Final Fantasy games i've never played.

Have fun!

It's my favorite FF.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

I said come in! posted:

Keep multiple save files (especially before entering Riovanes Castle), and don't be afraid to stop to grind JP from time to time.

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

Gologle posted:

Engineer, robot, whats the difference?

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool

Gologle posted:

Keita Amemiya was in charge of their designs, which explains why they look so different compared to everything else. In-game it's because they're all dead and these are their ghost monster forms.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I said come in! posted:

Hell yeah, FFT is awesome. The only annoying thing about it imo is a couple missions are multipart and you can save in between, then maybe get stuck.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I need to give FFT another chance. I gave up on it like a year or two ago after the first mission during the 4th Chapter seemed impossible.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

corn in the bible posted:

Hell yeah, FFT is awesome. The only annoying thing about it imo is a couple missions are multipart and you can save in between, then maybe get stuck.

Remember the days where you got 15 blocks worth of saves on your memory card, and multiple saves used up precious blocks? Those were the days~

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Open Marriage Night posted:

I need to give FFT another chance. I gave up on it like a year or two ago after the first mission during the 4th Chapter seemed impossible.

I think its where my current playthrough has stalled out. This game sucks my will to play it out of my body like nobodies business.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3TAdODxE4o

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

Not sure what this has to do with final fantasy, but it sure is catchy.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

lobster22221 posted:

Not sure what this has to do with final fantasy, but it sure is catchy.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I finally fired up World of Final Fantasy, and all I can say is:

Thank God R1 let's you fast forward dialogue/scenes.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

LadyPictureShow posted:

I finally fired up World of Final Fantasy, and all I can say is:

Thank God R1 let's you fast forward dialogue/scenes.

It works in battle too, which youll be using nonstop.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Barudak posted:

Yeah, I love WoFF but for the love of god glue down the R1 button and never let it go. The battles take forever otherwise.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Yeah, I love WoFF but for the love of god glue down the R1 button and never let it go. The battles take forever otherwise.

I kept thinking theyd introduce more stuff to keep track of in battle because otherwise why do they move so slow, but nope it just runs sloooooooow. Like they could have done some cool stuff with your stacks and had moves that could combo with other moves and moves to interrupt combos a-la grandia but nope, its just a real slow bar.

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010
The Stack mechanic seems like the single most underbaked element of WoFF, yeah. I spent the whole game wondering if there was more to it and that there'd be points where maybe unstacking was key or your stack would matter for more then stats and a combined ability list but nope- Unless you're doing some weird esoteric speedrun stuff, getting unstacked is almost always terrible because getting three turns isn't worth it when unstacked units struggle to do any damage whatsoever-, assuming they have the resources to even use their abilities-and die to basically any attack unless they're made of pure brick shithouse (at which point they might take two) And... stacking really is just making an ability list and stats.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

poor Wakka. "I can't believe we're going to fight Lady Yunalesca! Gimme a break." it's like a Catholic being told he's gotta go fight the pope, and then he has to go fight the Holy Trinity

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

This but also the kawaii idol girl in Rogue Galaxy.

I 100% that game, I'm pretty sure

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

trying to beat a time of 0.0 in the Chocobo Race is horrible.

edit: asidoafioaf I did it right after posting this and it took me under half an hour to get it

grieving for Gandalf fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Jan 13, 2019

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Barudak posted:

I don't think I took my finger off R1 the entire time I played.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

grieving for Gandalf posted:

trying to beat a time of 0.0 in the Chocobo Race is horrible.

edit: asidoafioaf I did it right after posting this and it took me under half an hour to get it

Now go dodge lightning in the Thunder Plains.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Shoren posted:

Now go dodge lightning in the Thunder Plains.

I'm replaying FFX right now and that's the one thing i refuse to do.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

CaptainScraps posted:

I'm replaying FFX right now and that's the one thing i refuse to do.

I've done it a couple times and it seems more daunting than it actually is. Just north of the travel agency is a spot where you can consistently trigger lightning strikes by running in a short loop. Get an armor piece with no encounters, mute the game, and watch for the flashes. It just becomes more time-consuming than anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Shoren posted:

I've done it a couple times and it seems more daunting than it actually is. Just north of the travel agency is a spot where you can consistently trigger lightning strikes by running in a short loop. Get an armor piece with no encounters, mute the game, and watch for the flashes. It just becomes more time-consuming than anything.

Nope. I'll even get all the good blitz ball stuff.

Streaming for a group of very dedicated boys who like when my wife dunks on me and man, that'd be a boring one