Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Important thing to keep in mind:

Of the charged against Manafort in the badly-redacted document, there seems to be no denial of their factuality by Manafort, his lawyers, or anyone else in Trump's orbit. In fact, most of the charges in the Russia investigation (with the exception of specific times and places, like whether Cohen went to Prague) have not been denied factually. It is just that the campaign, and its supporters, and its detractors, have kept on targeting whether they are relevant, or whether they broke the law. "Yes, Manafort gave polling data to Russia intelligence, who we know were actively trying to support Trump, but is that really a crime?"

Also, I doubt Trump parses his words that closely, but notice the phrasing: "Didn't know". Not "Don't know". If a lawyer was saying that, be careful, because it could mean he didn't know at the time, but has found out since.

"Yes, I have the garbage top on my neck, but it could have been anyone eating that garbage."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
You can't just cite yourselves in a legal briefing, jesus christ they are the dumbest people.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Scipiotik posted:

You can't just cite yourselves in a legal briefing, jesus christ they are the dumbest people.

Many people have been talking about the crisis at the border

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Crow Jane posted:

Do you think Trump ever looks at the dumpy lumps who form his fan base and dies a little inside? I hope so.

He wants to think that they are just the hired help of his real supporters and they kind of are. Mixed in between the rabble that believes in him so long as he's president/head of the cult.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
You guys are forgetting the most egregious humanitarian crisis of all : a rich white man not getting what he wants

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

mango sentinel posted:

The only humanitarian situation at the border is ICE detention and CPB pouring out jugs of water.

even without cbp interference it's p risky for unauthorized immigrants to cross, both for environmental reasons and because coyotes are largely garbage

you know what'd help with that

if people didn't have to pay their life's savings to be smuggled across the desert and could come in through regular points of entry openly instead

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

I'm more than willing to send a bunch of Red Cross workers to the border armed with blankets, food, water, and a whole mess of lawyers to process asylum claims.

A wall will not solve a "humanitarian crisis", if that's the line they're going to go with.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Isn't that his golf outfit peeking out from under that windbreaker?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

I'm more than willing to send a bunch of Red Cross workers to the border armed with blankets, food, water, and a whole mess of lawyers to process asylum claims.

A wall will not solve a "humanitarian crisis", if that's the line they're going to go with.
They could give two shits about asylum seekers. They changed the rules to pretty much treat them like anyone else, which is likely violating international laws. Not to mention putting people in danger now that they have to stay and wait in Mexico.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

mango sentinel posted:

AOC keeps doing these livestreaming that are informative and relatable. Better do one where I can't talk and also alienate everyone by reminding them they don't have dental insurance.

what about people with vore fetishes?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

https://twitter.com/Reddy/status/1083381875584974848?s=19

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Haha! You know he's lying because he actually answered the question!

"trump did you do this thing?"
"No!" *half a beat too long of eye contact to see if they bought the lie*

trump is possibly the worst liar I've ever seen.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
If I cite myself 50,000 times saying one word, I don't need to write a paper as my bibliography will take up the required page number.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Declaring war on a whole generation has always ended well

JasonV
Dec 8, 2003
Alexandria: Hey, come round for dinner and lets talk about what I'm doing.

Beto: I'm a normal person to!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

The lawyers said that's why they're using the term over and over?

Well your honor, allow us to cite THE WHITE HOUSE LAWYERS saying that they're only doing this to create fake citations

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD

PhazonLink posted:

what about people with vore fetishes?
Their peak electoral engagement is watching the Iowa caucus with rapt attention, but have tuned out with low voting numbers by the time for the general.

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.

ATC is already renowned as one of the most stressful jobs in existence.

Add to it the threat of losing your house or car, food insecurity, etc., and it could easily get a planeload of people killed.

Trump is toying with fire, but he is much too dumb to realize it.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

OAquinas posted:

https://twitter.com/KFILE/status/1083402337417334785

I'm thinking people are taking the wrong cue from AOC's cooking chats...

lmao politicians are so terrible at appealing to normal people.

"Greetings fellow humans. Like you I enjoy masticating plant and animal matter to extract nutrients! Watch me ride around on the same whimsical small-wheeled conveyance as a larval stage human. I too must clean and polish my mouthparts in order to penetrate the carapace of my prey and suck out the juicy innards of a delicious...um hamburger yeah that's it hamburger."

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Trump doesn't care. He's dumb but he also is a narcissistic rear end in a top hat that doesn't care about anyone he sees beneath him IE the entirety of America.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

I guess that's one way to redistribute wealth.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
One of the school districts I work for just sent a letter home to all the parents reminding everyone about free and reduced lunch applications for anyone affected by the government shutdown and something about that got me more than I'd have thought.

Like, getting a letter from your school being all like "oh hey, we know a bunch of you are worried about how to feed your kids" on this.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

JasonV posted:

Alexandria: Hey, come round for dinner and lets talk about what I'm doing.

Beto: I'm a normal person to!

https://www.clickhole.com/fighting-fire-with-fire-mitch-mcconnell-is-attempting-1830947150

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

One of the school districts I work for just sent a letter home to all the parents reminding everyone about free and reduced lunch applications for anyone affected by the government shutdown and something about that got me more than I'd have thought.

Like, getting a letter from your school being all like "oh hey, we know a bunch of you are worried about how to feed your kids" on this.

...p...politics as something more than material to posture about online?

no

no!!!

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Scipiotik posted:

For my next thesis, I think I will say the disaster of Pompeii was caused by unrestrained illegal immigration, and just cite myself a bunch using that point for 30+ pages

What do you think?

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Beto isn't instagramming his dental appointment for the benefit of the common voter, duh.

It's just normal for a buyer to want to check out the teeth on any workhorse he intends to purchase. This is a routine checkup for the donor class, it's just that he's decided to handle them all at once by streaming it.

edit:

In all sincerity this might be the weirdest "This is how you humans behave, right?" on the part of Dem pol since we found out about Chilling in Cedar Rapids.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
So at what point do the big states start withholding payments to the federal government and redirect that money to taking over essential services the feds aren't providing?

vvvvvvv It's also going to gift a ton of unpleasant images of him to anyone working on attack ads/memes

haveblue fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jan 10, 2019

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
tbh my thought on Beto instagramming his dentist appointment is that it's just kind of weird and off-putting and also probably makes his dentist's life harder.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

It's almost as weird as those dudes who sent Pelosi thousands of roses

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

haveblue posted:

So at what point do the big states start withholding payments to the federal government and redirect that money to taking over essential services the feds aren't providing?

Would that create a literal constitutional crisis?

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

Scipiotik posted:

Justice Roberts disagrees :v:

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

ATC is already renowned as one of the most stressful jobs in existence.

Add to it the threat of losing your house or car, food insecurity, etc., and it could easily get a planeload of people killed.

Trump is toying with fire, but he is much too dumb to realize it.

What are the lives of peasants compared to the President getting what he wants?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Not a *constitutional* crisis, it's very clear that this would be illegal and that the states are in the wrong. It would certainly be a political and practical crisis of the highest order if they actually resorted to that or if a court tried to order them to stop because it means the alternative is absolutely certain mass suffering.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Not a Children posted:

"Those dudes" being noted weirdo Markos Moulitsas, I believe?:laugh:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

We’re already in one

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I got my teeth cleaned this morning too and sent a Snapchat out of it. It’s not that weird.

In other news I FINALLY have insurance as of Jan. 1 and I paid ZERO dollars for my cleaning today and what the cleaning costs is $20 more than the entire year worth of dental premiums will be. I’m loving shook insurance is amazing.

I have eight cavities and I’m going to get them all fixed and only have to pay 10 percent for each one!

Next I need to start looking into scheduling a million doctor appointments. This insurance poo poo rules and I need to take advantage of it before it goes away.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

haveblue posted:

it wont matter, federal income taxes are paid directly to the treasury by citizens

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Not a Children posted:

Yeah that dude has been an ice-chewing psychopath grifter for a while now. After the 2016 convention, the site he runs (DailyKos) went full Cultural Revolution and banned anybody who said anything even vaguely supportive of Sanders once Clinton secured the nomination, which is a totally normal thing to do and not all indicative of a belief you can cargo cult someone into a position of popular support.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
It's pretty funny that none of y'all actually looked at the beto thing. the whole point of it was to talk to his dental hygienist about what it was like growing up in a border Town.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

This would make an excellent intro to a 1990's rap video, beat drops right after "crazy". By the end of the video they are spraying Trump with piss-colored champange

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I got my teeth cleaned this morning too and sent a Snapchat out of it. It’s not that weird.

Yes, yes it is that weird.