Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Smoking Crow posted:

I just realized I'm not grossed out by Nick Gage having his blood drained by thumbtack jack and being revived in the back of a helicopter like Joseph Joestar with deej as Jotaro, but I am grossed out by lollipops and tampons

US media ratings standards made you this way.

In Europe people stick crotch lollipops in other people's mouths freely in the streets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the future of gross wrestling spots is a wrestler reverse birthing another wrestler while the crowd chants and claps THIS IS WRESTLING, Jim Cornette finally dies and the prophecy is fulfilled.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Johnny Landmine posted:

e: like, are you addressing this in kayfabe? Because I'm not and neither are most people I've seen talking about it

Kayfabe, yes, in as much as addressing why it's considered excessively gross and getting the attention it is. I mean, the shoot side is a gimmicked bit of cotton being stuck in someone's mouth which is as controversial as Mr. Socko.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I'm watching Ice Ribbon Ribbonmania 2018 now and the real most disgusting thing in wrestling is Maya Yukihi talking with her mouth full of cookies on commentary.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
This is so cool

https://twitter.com/OfficialPWI/status/1083363728622583809

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Watching Tokyo Joshi Pro 1/4/18 and I wish Hyper Misao's matches had english commentary or subs so I could understand the match stipulations.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Great that Becky can join legends such as Michelle McCool & Candice Michelle as a winner of the prestigious PWI Woman of the Year award.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

It's a nice plaque

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Smoking Crow posted:

It's a nice plaque

Could be better

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Someone put that picture of Booker T. You know the one.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...

TV Zombie posted:

Watching Tokyo Joshi Pro 1/4/18 and I wish Hyper Misao's matches had english commentary or subs so I could understand the match stipulations.

https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng livetweets events and provides rough translations when applicable.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Its a bit tough to go back a year to understand why everyone is drinking alcohol(?) or why they are taking a swig sporadically.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

They uploaded an English commentary version of 1/4/18.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

They uploaded an English commentary version of 1/4/18.

Do they do commentary for all shows or selected shows?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

dsriggs posted:

Could be better

Bless you, dsriggs

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...

TV Zombie posted:

Its a bit tough to go back a year to understand why everyone is drinking alcohol(?) or why they are taking a swig sporadically.

I forgot what year it was and thought you meant the Queen of the USA match, my bad.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

I apologize for not being clear and if my response was a bit rude.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

Do they do commentary for all shows or selected shows?

Selected shows and they haven't done them for a while. The guy who does the English translations told my friend that they've lost a few production staff or something so they aren't doing them right now.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/1083549879157157888

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

as long as they keep the english translation intros, its totally worth the price change.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
It also answers the question of whether or not they are staying on Uliza (they're not).

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Somewhere I got the idea that Stardom world was $14 a month. To me this news of a price increase is like hearing it's half price!

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

they also said in the comments that they're considering streaming the NYC show live

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Takuan posted:

Somewhere I got the idea that Stardom world was $14 a month. To me this news of a price increase is like hearing it's half price!

That’s Dragon Gate, I think

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

they also said in the comments that they're considering streaming the NYC show live

This would kick rear end. It sounds like the improvements are going to be pretty substantial and I'm a-ok with a price upgrade. It'd be great to have full shows up instead of match by match, or at least all matches at once, but not necessary.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

TV Zombie posted:

If it's the match I'm thinking of, it's vinegar (but like, a flavored vinegar you're supposed to drink, it just doesn't taste good) and they have to take a swig every time they say an English word

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

It might have been. It was Hyper Misao vs the Kaiju.

On another note, it's something else to see Yuki and the Kaiju team up for the 1/3/18 show (Reika/Miyu main event) only to see them later in the year on different tag teams. Wonder what the story is there.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

It might have been. It was Hyper Misao vs the Kaiju.

On another note, it's something else to see Yuki and the Kaiju team up for the 1/3/18 show (Reika/Miyu main event) only to see them later in the year on different tag teams. Wonder what the story is there.

Yuka and Shoko were regular partners. They had a shuffle tag tournament with the winners getting the vacant tag titles last year and Yuka got paired up with Mizuki to build a match between Mizuki and Maki Itoh.

Then after Mizuki and Itoh made up, Shoko challenged Yuka/Mizuki with Mizuki's former tag team partner Riho as her partner.

(the other team on that 1/4 show was Mizuki/Riho just to add to the story)

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
I'm gonna see Bakuretsu Sisters vs. Miyu and Reika on Sunday and I'm convincing myself the sisters are going to win!! This cannot possibly backfire!!

(In my defense Miyu and Reika have not been a super winning tag team in the past and Nodoka has pinned Miyu clean)

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1083053635213381633

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

It's a good article but is there a reason he only interviewed the male heads of women's promotions? There was an interview with Meiko today that touched on similar issues wrt drawing a female audience.

Rossy's comments about how women won't pay to see women are obviously a self-fulfilling prophecy and the Stardom crowd is far more gender imbalanced than at other wrestling shows. I'd put it at 95-5 men to women at best. Meiko said Sendai gets 60-40 or 70-30 in her interview.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/nagata769/status/1083512402325385217?s=19

The Meiko interview btw

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Now that Stardom is way cheaper than I thought it was, is there a good article or YouTube video I can read/watch to explain who everyone is and what's going on?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

I wonder how Meiko argues for the gender ratios for Sendai shows.

It's not the best, but this channel helped me a bit with understanding Stardom.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC79VJbEurrE0OxOlf0Qc_Jg

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Takuan posted:

Now that Stardom is way cheaper than I thought it was, is there a good article or YouTube video I can read/watch to explain who everyone is and what's going on?

each match opens with english subbed promos from the competitors so its pretty straight forward from there. Also matches with post-match in ring promos are subbed as well. There really isn't much to it other than Oedo Tai are rowdy heels, JAN are the badass tweeners, Queens Quest are haughty heels, and STARS are all the innocent babyfaces.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

TV Zombie posted:

I wonder how Meiko argues for the gender ratios for Sendai shows.

It's not the best, but this channel helped me a bit with understanding Stardom.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC79VJbEurrE0OxOlf0Qc_Jg

Thanks for this. Yeah, it's not great, but it helps.
I watched his "Brief Guide to the Stardom Roster" video and I think I'm already in love with Tam Nakano.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm not sure what Tam's relationship is with Onita but one of her early matches is an explosion death match and it makes her even more wonderful.

If you get a chance, watch the Tam's life special where she spends christmas with Kris Wolf.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013
Nothing here.

Norwegian Rudo fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jan 11, 2019

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

e: nothing to see here

coconono fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jan 11, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Norwegian Rudo can you kindly edit that post? Leave it alone trust me.