Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Japan, a country certainly not famous for its high quality beef.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
imagine wanting to import british food

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
In the near future, the British will sustain themselves on gammon.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
brexit ambrosia

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

This is an EU trade deal

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Jel Shaker posted:

I’m dreaming of a football league which kicks out all the fancy foreign football players with unpronounceable names in March, and replaces them all with thuggish route one bruisers

oi! copper!!!

a chav nicked me red card

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
They put Brexit in the Football Manager series of computer games actually. Oh and if you get the hard brexit scenario Northern Ireland, Scotland and Gibraltar can leave the UK.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Gum posted:

This is an EU trade deal

Yep. It's not clear whether Fox actually knew that before he tweeted, though he certainly does now because hundreds of people pointed it out in the replies.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Bulgakov posted:

rumor has it that Theresa May signed a contract to bear some wrinkles, the senior sagging bod forgotten in a special TORI PARTY planning idea

🤢🤮🤧

Mummy

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

alphabettitouretti posted:

Yep. It's not clear whether Fox actually knew that before he tweeted, though he certainly does now because hundreds of people pointed it out in the replies.

He's the loving trade secretary

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Strong Mummy 3D: Return of Another Bad Idea Iron Brexit Lady

shame it might take down the western ideal that reads like 100% psychosis =\

(btw duh its so good)

brendan frasier will be back -- on a truck scale!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Gum posted:

So you're saying he definitely didn't know.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
yes minister was a documentary

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

They put Brexit in the Football Manager series of computer games actually.

there were a bunch of fine salty Steam reviewers over this WHERE MY PLAYERS GONE, WHY PUT POLITICS IN THE GAME, JUST LET US PLAY PROPERLY

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Ah yes, the massive free trade deal signed by the EU and Japan that eliminated 99% of tariffs and takes effect on February 1st

“In the event of a no-deal Brexit in March the UK would also fall out of the coverage of the more than 50 trade deals the EU has negotiated with third countries, including this latest one with Japan.”

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Gum posted:

haha

cmon really?

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

twoday posted:

Ah yes, the massive free trade deal signed by the EU and Japan that eliminated 99% of tariffs and takes effect on February 1st

“In the event of a no-deal Brexit in March the UK would also fall out of the coverage of the more than 50 trade deals the EU has negotiated with third countries, including this latest one with Japan.”

So you're saying we can enjoy two months of selling lamb and beef to Japan. Seems like a win to me.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Goa Tse-tung posted:

haha

cmon really?

He's also the disgraced former defence secretary who got done for passing on defence secrets to his close personal assistant who he was totally not loving, no sirree

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Japan is a fast growing market?

Even with a negative population growth?

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Fried Watermelon posted:

Japan is a fast growing market?

Even with a negative population growth?

for beef, i doubt it is as true anymore, but the shift from fish to beef was a big thing for a long time

twoday
May 4, 2005

This trade agreement is commonly known as the “cars for cheese” deal. There is great demand for European food in Japan, and since the EU is effectively a dressed up wine and cheese cartel, this is very good for both of them. The Japanese will have just a few months to develop and enjoy Stilton-Pan and Haggis Mochi before the U.K. defaults out of the agreement, and in certain kitchens it is sure to be a magical time that will be talked about for decades to come

twoday
May 4, 2005

And on the other side of the coin, whatever cars the U.K. was exporting will be seamlessly and breathlessly replaced by tariff-free Nissans and Hondas

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

https://twitter.com/cat_beltane/status/1083109717017313280

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

LMAO drat

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

drat americans really are horrendously thick huh

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Whorelord posted:

:ironicat:

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Read that as Godzilla.
Darned dyslexia.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Whorelord posted:

That's half of :thejoke:.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

doesn't like everyone ban british meat imports because of mad cow or did those get lifted

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

prefect posted:

That's half of :thejoke:.

i mean im also doing :thejoke: as well

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Famous Kobe beef from Britain, available for two months only in Japan. This is sure to make the EU sweat.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Whorelord posted:

i mean im also doing :thejoke: as well

:doh:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Funny thing, one of the villains from The Powerpuff Girls has subbed for them.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/jk_rowling/status/1083378530182938624

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

An insane mind posted:

Famous Kobe beef from Britain, available for two months only in Japan. This is sure to make the EU sweat.

there’s like one shipment of genuine Kobe beef per month, so most of the stuff is probably a normal cow someone called “Kobe” to make it not false advertising

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

An insane mind posted:

Famous Kobe beef from Britain, available for two months only in Japan.*

*takes 3 weeks to ship

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

goddamn she lets herself get owned so hard in the replies

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

lmao that momentum has to pretend brexit doesn’t exist because otherwise people might ask what Jeremy will do to stop it

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

how did someone who wrote a book series about the scrappy poor mixed race kids and misfits defeating the evil racist wealthy class turn into such a gently caress?

oh right she got rich as hell lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

So guys, you know Hannants, sellers of nerd stuff?

I have my eye on a model kit there that I can only buy in Europe. Will the destruction of your nation cause the value of the pound to decline? I mean, I *could* buy it in euros but I don't want to leave money on the table

Also related question will the destruction of your nation cause the Royal Mail to fail, meaning it'd be foolish to buy from Hannants

I admit I've not been following the brexistential crisis, though CBC radio updated me a month ago. They cold opened with Corybn thunderously denouncing brexit, while May's feeble rejoinder was "perfect is the enemy of the good", which is, I don't know if I mentioned this, shockingly feeble