Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Eimi posted:

I'm having a mysterious prestige drain, there's no pop up or anything in the log I can see. I'd just go from 15k prestige down to like 1k. I only noticed because I saw the ambition to become exalted and was very, very confused. The only thing I could figure is that my first daughter would constantly leave and rejoin my court. I landed her to stop that, would that be the issue? It's very weird to just lose prestige with no warning, and it wasn't a passive drain since my prestige gain was at +50 a month the whole time.

The blood of Alexander chain costs you a fuckton of prestige.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Guildencrantz posted:

Huh, that's odd, I'm playing an Enatic game right now and I'm 99% certain the landless sons prestige hit disppeared when I reformed.

For me it happened rather specifically after I reformed the religion, as I didn't have it before (I adopted the religion and then immediately reformed it). I'm beginning to suspect it might be a mod issue; I can't think of any reason why I'd have the hit. I certainly don't have Gavelkind, though I forced it on some of my vassals who were getting too many titles for my liking.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Oh man it's been a long time since I played a blob game, you can force your vassals into gavelkind? Since when? Also how

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

right click > demand gavelkind

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Goon Danton posted:

Oh man it's been a long time since I played a blob game, you can force your vassals into gavelkind? Since when? Also how

Demand Gavelkind is Reaper's Due going by the wiki, and I'm not sure there are very many requirements, but there are a lot of caveats. They can outright accept, outright refuse, ask for money, or ask for a favor as payment (you can also use a favor to force them to accept). Refusal is considered treacherous under Late Feudal or Imperial Administration.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Has anyone had their lodge's renown progress bar freeze up? Mine's been stuck at full ever since my first guy died, even though his heir was also a top-ranking member. I've had things carry over smoothly before, and I'd really like to have a bloodline

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Torrannor posted:

Depends? Were you planning on conquering that territory later? Then you just lost the easiest CB to do so.

Eh, not really. I mean, I was gonna send in the troops sooner or later, but that was just so I could install my own puppet ruler.

Torrannor posted:

It's basically an event chain to simulate the Byzantine Orthodox conversion of Kievan Rus. You're sponsoring their conversion to Islam, send them imams to help that process, get event where you can send them gold to build mosques, etc. It's a cool event chain, I recommend you try this out at least once.

Oh, really? Well then, I guess I didn't do a stupid, then! :)

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Crow Jane posted:

Has anyone had their lodge's renown progress bar freeze up? Mine's been stuck at full ever since my first guy died, even though his heir was also a top-ranking member. I've had things carry over smoothly before, and I'd really like to have a bloodline
Apparently bugged so only the first filled renown bar can fire the following events

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Crow Jane posted:

There's a mod on the workshop to fix this, though I'm not sure if it works with games in progress

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

lurksion posted:

Apparently bugged so only the first filled renown bar can fire the following events

Communist Walrus posted:

There's a mod on the workshop to fix this, though I'm not sure if it works with games in progress

Thanks guys, but booo nonetheless. That game was going really well, too :smith:

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Crow Jane posted:

This is actually a different bug than the one other people mentioned. There's a bug where only the first legendary gathering can fill up the bar from 0, which is fixed in the beta patch. Then there's another bug where if you personally die or fail to fight in an active legendary journey, it's very likely to stall out there forever. That one's not fixed, and it sounds like the one you have.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Jedit posted:

The blood of Alexander chain costs you a fuckton of prestige.

Sadly, I hadn't activated that yet. It was just my daughter bouncing between my court and...not my court. Unless losing sieges due to raiders loses a ton of prestige? But it'd have to be like 1k per lost siege. If it's that please tell me there's some way to make the rear end in a top hat horse lords settle. Or do I just have to convert them?

e: also it annoys me that if you ask someone to convert, even at 100 opinion of you they will start a secret cult. Oh well there's now a ton of Christians in my prisons I guess.

Eimi fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jan 11, 2019

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
The game of thrones mod just dropped a new version, updated for holy fury. Guess I'll try it out

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Evil Agita posted:

The game of thrones mod just dropped a new version, updated for holy fury. Guess I'll try it out

Woah seriously? That's the first big mod to update for Holy Fury.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Holy poo poo

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Is it just me, or is the best way to ensure technological and religious progress to ensure that as many of your vassals as possible are OPMs (within vassal limits)?

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Don't counts not generate tech points? Only dukes and up do, and you get a bonus based on your tier, so you want to be an emperor ruling kings ruling dukes. But yeah you want their titles spread among as many characters as possible so lots of people are generating points.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Huh, by the looks of it you're right. All this time, and I thought counts generated tech :downs:

Tehan
Jan 19, 2011
They can get lump sums from events and councillor missions and whatnot, but they don't have any passive tech point income.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

CommissarMega posted:

Is it just me, or is the best way to ensure technological and religious progress to ensure that as many of your vassals as possible are OPMs (within vassal limits)?

The best way to convert territory is definitely to give out each county to a different person. Means the maximum amount of court chaplains doing the converting. Same with culture conversion, the conversion events have a chance to fire per ruler.

As others have said, tech progression mostly only works for dukes and up.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Tormented posted:

Don't gently caress with the ducks.

...Unless you really want to get your ruler's dick kicked in by the ducks with their minotaur and troll allies. Or your empire has a riverboat and grand piano which both needs to be totaled.

But seriouspost; the early Crusade is really broken. I got a bounty of 8k gold just for showing up, while having an unrelated war in North Africa, which drove up my participation points. My armies never really left the region to bother with the war. (Crusade was for Jerusalem, I am Hispania from the earliest start)

Der Kyhe fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jan 11, 2019

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Der Kyhe posted:

...Unless you really want to get your ruler's dick kicked in by the ducks with their minotaur and troll allies. Or your empire has a riverboat and grand piano which both needs to be totaled.

But seriouspost; the early Crusade is really broken. I got a bounty of 8k gold just for showing up, while having an unrelated war in North Africa, which drove up my participation points. My armies never really left the region to bother with the war. (Crusade was for Jerusalem, I am Hispania from the earliest start)

Yeah it's either broken or something whose mechanics should be spread out to more religions. I think any religion that is holy war focused so Unyielding/Warlike with a non temporal leader so that muslims can't call them. Unless the Caliph gets unlanded or something.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

Captain Beans posted:

If anyone feels like they just can't get enough CK2 from the Paradox Interactive's Crusader Kings 2 the video game, I recommend you seek out a copy of Barbra Tuchman's A Distant Mirror: The Calamitous 14th Century. It's historical non-fiction written in a very narrative style that details just how crazy, intense, unbelievable, petty, and wild the actual events of the 1300s are. It doesn't read like a dull history textbook talking about the past, instead it feels very alive with people were scheming up the same type of poo poo they still do today - or perhaps even more.

https://www.amazon.com/Distant-Mirror-Calamitous-14th-Century-ebook/dp/B004R1Q296

Some of the CK2 plots/scenarios aren't ridiculous enough to match reality. For example, if you thought the "borrow money from the jews, then expel the jews for free money" move was little too gamey, consider one upping your game to match that of real life rear end in a top hat father/son combo Phillip "the Fair" and Louis X. In 1306 Phillip "the Fair" expelled the Jews, wiping out not only his own debt, but that of many peasants in his domain. Later, his son, Louis X invited them back and restored the peasant debts to the Jews (exempting his own of course) on the condition that the crown recover a 2/3 share of whatever the Jews could collect on their old debts.

Weirdly, I've just started reading this, and I cannot stress how much it reads like a CK2 AAR. Really recommended if you're into this ridiculous game.

GHOST_BUTT
Nov 24, 2013

Fun Shoe

Eimi posted:

Yeah it's either broken or something whose mechanics should be spread out to more religions. I think any religion that is holy war focused so Unyielding/Warlike with a non temporal leader so that muslims can't call them. Unless the Caliph gets unlanded or something.

I kind of feel like they didn't extend the new crusade system to other religions because, with the new reformation features, most other faiths are or can rapidly become significantly better than Catholicism. It's partially a game balance thing for multiplayer, I suspect.

That said Islam has been left in the dust and jihads should run on the Holy Fury crusade system.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.
It would have been nice if it had at least been a doctrine you could pick - so you could get it as a reformed pagan, but there's an opportunity cost in picking it.

(And it'd give you at least one reason to pick anything other than Temporal as your leadership option...)

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

So where's this folder the game stores your randomly generated worlds in? I plan to do some playing around in the near future and I'd like to be able to keep that from getting all clogged up with crap.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\save games\alternate_start

It's really more regular saves you need to watch out for though. Late game they can get over 100mb since it saves every dynastic character who ever lived, the history of every title, etc.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Why do they save all the alternate starts, though? Is it possible to load one of them up?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Any pro tips for taking down a large Muslim kingdom?

I've been trying to assassinate their leaders in hopes that I can get someone decadent on the throne but it's a very slow process since the sultans have all been very popular.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

FreudianSlippers posted:

Any pro tips for taking down a large Muslim kingdom?

I've been trying to assassinate their leaders in hopes that I can get someone decadent on the throne but it's a very slow process since the sultans have all been very popular.

Are you close enough to cuddle up to China?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I´m in Africa

I'm also starting to get worried because the Abbasids just swallowed up Egypt. Though maybe if I'm luck the Andalusians and the Abbasids will end up fighting each other allowing me to make small landgrabs at their frontiers while they're distracted.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
The caliph has a special subjugation CB against fellow Muslims, so it's actually not unusual to see the Abbassid's rule a territory that stretches uninterrupted from Persia to Spain.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Well it's 1229 and I've restored all of Rome, though my vassals have gone HAM in the meantime. For being Unyielding they sure are aggressive mother fuckers.

The empire is also slowly starting to become Hellenic, so if I wanted I could keep playing and just focus on converting provinces and trying to convert all my proconsuls to Roman culture to try and get the Empire to become Roman, though I'm sure I'd just get annoyed as my vassals kept expanding and ruining my borders more. And the internal border gore is pretty horrific. Clearly shows some of the rough edges with this patch, with Enatic clans bugging out the god names even if you keep the Latin ones, unyielding being aggro as hell, and just a bit of emptiness when you play as Hellenic, in terms of events. Also the societies being just reskins of existing ones. For example it makes no sense to have human sacrifice in the Olympians, as that was seen as particularly horrific by the Romans. Clearly a project to do if I ever want to stop being lazy (or playing).

Also I made the mistake of demanding conversion on a few people. Even at 100 opinion they form the secret society so that's been a huge problem.

Eimi fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jan 13, 2019

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Jesus Christ what are you doing

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

BBJoey posted:

I think he's using a second phone to take a picture of the movie he's recording of his gameplay on the first phone

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

BBJoey posted:

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

a e s t h e t i c

Soho Joe
Aug 11, 2006

the torment of existence
weighed against
the horror of nonbeing
Nap Ghost

No one else exists :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Soho Joe posted:

No one else exists :shobon:

No one else exists yet! :v: I'd love to see the independence faction sizes popping up in your empire; must be three quarters of the known world, at least!