Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Grem posted:

Been messaging me girls in Indonesia on okcupid with "HEY YOU EVER SEEN 90 DAY FIANCEE"? No luck so far.

Dang, keep us posted. Gonna try this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

"AnimeIsTrash" posted:

It's also hilarious how insecure he is about her encounters with other dudes. He knows he's marrying way up.

I hate that guy. He was so salty that the pirate guy was talking to her and she was digging it. Poor girl.

Min_sora
Oct 21, 2008

rear end cobra posted:

Nicole and Azan is a top three 90DF couple imo, and “she’s big a little bit” is the best quote of the entire franchise

They've dragged their 90 Days out to, what, like 3 years now? Apparently, Nicole has been filming again so we haven't seen the last of them either.

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

God knows what COVIDs you people have

Min_sora posted:

They've dragged their 90 Days out to, what, like 3 years now? Apparently, Nicole has been filming again so we haven't seen the last of them either.

They know they've found an endless fountain of delusion, why stop now? It's like if they gave a hoarder on Hoarders a lifetime supply of free Goodwill shopping

Min_sora
Oct 21, 2008

Jr. posted:

They know they've found an endless fountain of delusion, why stop now? It's like if they gave a hoarder on Hoarders a lifetime supply of free Goodwill shopping

I figure Azan has a pretty good thing going. He gets money sent to him, which is probably decent for Morocco, and she isn't even living in his country so he doesn't have to touch her or anything.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
I just watched the episode in their second season where the situation of her sending money comes up. The first thought is "really, he's not working and she's just sending him money?" Then you find out he got fired because she kept texting and calling him at work. Then she doesn't want him to get a job unless it lets him chat with her while he's working because she can't text at work. She'd rather he doesn't work just so they have the time to chat.

Oh, and the sheep's head was hilarious as well. "I find it funny because this is the first time you haven't been hungry" or something like that.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Extra Large Marge posted:

In the Catfish movie Nev travels to rural Upper Michigan to meet a woman claiming to be a beautiful model and an 8-year-old child prodigy artist who also happens to have her own art gallery in rural Upper Michigan. He either knew what was going to happen and wanted to film a yooper train-wreck, or he is the biggest dumb-rear end on planet earth.

Have you ever seen the film? There is a pretty overt air of skepticism on everyone's part, including Nev, about the authenticity of any part of the story. A huge part of the movie is Nev talking about, even though he knew that she was not real, he was still disappointed for some reason.

Min_sora
Oct 21, 2008

GI_Clutch posted:

I just watched the episode in their second season where the situation of her sending money comes up. The first thought is "really, he's not working and she's just sending him money?" Then you find out he got fired because she kept texting and calling him at work. Then she doesn't want him to get a job unless it lets him chat with her while he's working because she can't text at work. She'd rather he doesn't work just so they have the time to chat.

Oh, and the sheep's head was hilarious as well. "I find it funny because this is the first time you haven't been hungry" or something like that.

Also when she tried to trick her daughter into eating said sheep's head by saying it was 'just chicken', which the little girl was not falling for.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I feel bad for the daughter since she's gotten sucked into all of this. Where is her dad anyway?

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Paul Zuvella posted:

Have you ever seen the film? There is a pretty overt air of skepticism on everyone's part, including Nev, about the authenticity of any part of the story. A huge part of the movie is Nev talking about, even though he knew that she was not real, he was still disappointed for some reason.

I did see the movie, I think Nev's skepticism and disappointment were all apart of the act. Nev and his brother knew it was fake, so they conned the people trying to con them. It resulted in a pretty entertaining movie and a lot of success for them.

Min_sora
Oct 21, 2008

Panfilo posted:

I feel bad for the daughter since she's gotten sucked into all of this. Where is her dad anyway?

The dad isn't involved. It hasn't ever been said on the show, but allegedly, she met him online, moved to Texas and got pregnant by him but he wasn't interested and has since signed away parental rights. Nicole would've been pretty young, like maybe 19 or 20. Reddit managed to get photos of him not long back, and he has another kid now. Nicole's brother said Azan isn't even the first guy she has dragged into May's life and made her call dad.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
I just saw a commercial for a tlc show called 'Seeking Sister Wife' which looks loving horrible, someone watch it and confirm

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

big dyke energy posted:

I just saw a commercial for a tlc show called 'Seeking Sister Wife' which looks loving horrible, someone watch it and confirm

I have. It’s not as bad as 90 day but it can be cringe.

The black couple seem ok just weird. Everyone else is loving creepy.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Finished season 2 of Before..., feel like a deserve a trophy. I think my favourite character was the nigerian guy, who couldn't be arsed to lie properly. "Oh no, Angela, don't think that. Oh no." The way they made it end seemed really unfinished, like the writer's room suffered from burnout, and they just went with the "elderly" quote. Lame.

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
Mark woke up his 19 year old fiancée in the morning with a train whistle!

Aleksandra tells her new prude pals about the see-through shirts and alcohol in the clubs of Prague!

Gamer dude is more engaged with his roommate than his maid (soon to be fiancée)!

Okay, I like season three now.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

vyst posted:

Dang, keep us posted. Gonna try this

I chickened out and just used "Would you ever date an American?" No luck so far. I think these guys are finding these girls somewhere other than okcupid.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Deadite posted:

My favorite couple might be that girl from Ukraine who married the creepy Mormon from Utah. I think they got married because she was pregnant and needed someone to support her. Now they have a baby that is pretty clearly not his kid but they are insisting it is.

Posting from a millions years ago but one of the underrated moments of this show was when he wanted to take her out dancing a few days after she arrived so she wouldn't feel so bored/homesick. But instead of the clubs in Prague he took her to salsa dancing at a strip mall in bumfuck nowhere. You could see her spirit break and the realization of what her life will be dawn on her face as she watched white bread 40 year olds awkwardly gyrating their hips

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

God knows what COVIDs you people have

WhyteRyce posted:

Posting from a millions years ago but one of the underrated moments of this show was when he wanted to take her out dancing a few days after she arrived so she wouldn't feel so bored/homesick. But instead of the clubs in Prague he took her to salsa dancing at a strip mall in bumfuck nowhere. You could see her spirit break and the realization of what her life will be dawn on her face as she watched white bread 40 year olds awkwardly gyrating their hips

I had forgotten about this, I genuinely thought that dance thing was the tail end of an AA meeting.

Also hearing her husband talk was painful, it's like he's permanently trying to make an ASMR video

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Best Steven moment was episode 1 where he didn't realize that Russia and the US were having line crazy issues right now. Second best was what is a SSN

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
'90 Day Fiancee' is good, but 'Love After Lockup' is a whole 'nother level of trainwreck messiness.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

WhyteRyce posted:

this sounds amazing, is there a clip?

Switchback
Jul 23, 2001

GI_Clutch posted:

I’m the one who made her boyfriend quit his job to (text) hang out with me.

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

Bold Robot posted:

I just watched this episode last night! I can't find a clip of it online, but it's season 3 episode 5.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
So it looks like Colt and Larissa had another fight and the cops were called. They've both posted pictures on social media of their faces all bloody and cut up by what looks like fingernails. She's probably definitely getting deported now.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
They should do a reversal of fortune, deport Colt and let Larissa stay imo. She seems absolutely insane, but i still sort of like her, while Colt is the worst kind of everything and a shapeshifter

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
not gonna embed, but here's how larissa looked after the fight: https://twitter.com/JohnYates327/status/1083731023131803648

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

Also Jonathan confirmed him and Fernanda separated in late December! Honestly shocking because they were both like mentally 16 year olds so I thought they'd work it out but...

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

rear end cobra posted:

not gonna embed, but here's how larissa looked after the fight: https://twitter.com/JohnYates327/status/1083731023131803648

Jeeze. Larissa is a nutcase, and she was the only one arrested? Maybe these are self-inflicted? Sad situation.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Guarantee they are self inflicted.

:munch:

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Bold Robot posted:

http://screenertv.com/television/90-day-fiance-season-3-josh-aleksandras-date-disaster/

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Just lol if you think any of these people are gonna get deported.

Even if they were it would be years before it happened.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
So what happens when the queen is against the queen?

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

A fat guy, a watermelon, and a stack of magazines?
Family.
I went to the 90 Day Fiancé reddit to see what happened and drat

Redditor people are nuts

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

“I’m a romantic” said in the deadest voice

Goes to Florida aquarium to propose

“That shark would eat your face. And never let go”

She accepts

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Deadite posted:

I went to the 90 Day Fiancé reddit to see what happened and drat

Redditor people are nuts

Can you elaborate? What happened?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Crazyweasel posted:

Also Jonathan confirmed him and Fernanda separated in late December! Honestly shocking because they were both like mentally 16 year olds so I thought they'd work it out but...

Awh :(

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

A fat guy, a watermelon, and a stack of magazines?
Family.
It seems everyone on there relentlessly tracks all the cast members on social media, and sends horrible poo poo to any of them for reasons real and imaginary. They also come up with dumb armchair diagnoses like Colt is a master manipulator (???) and Asuelu is autistic. Basically the most dramatic kids from your high school formed an online club.

Like I’m not sure that they understand this is a show and that 70% is probably editing/producer interference

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Deadite posted:

It seems everyone on there relentlessly tracks all the cast members on social media, and sends horrible poo poo to any of them for reasons real and imaginary. They also come up with dumb armchair diagnoses like Colt is a master manipulator (???) and Asuelu is autistic. Basically the most dramatic kids from your high school formed an online club.

Like I’m not sure that they understand this is a show and that 70% is probably editing/producer interference

I believe there was some drama about one of the mods hooking up with a cast member??

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I guess the theory is that Colt basically torments Larissa and baits her into snapping as evidence by some quick video of him holding his phone up to her ear and playing music right up until she starts recording it and then starts complaining about about his face being scratched and pretending he was asleep

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jan 11, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe
I felt bad for Azan's family. They seemed like the nicest people in the world and were so accepting of having a retarded person marry into the family.