Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Jonny Nox posted:

Did you have anything on your mind?

No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aqua Seafoam Shame
Aug 20, 2018

by astral

I had no idea that the spokeswoman in those ads was a famous (I assume, I know jack about models) person. In fact you could have told me she was all CGI and I would have believed it. Models look weird.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
the internet has created the easiest way in human history to take money from people

we are living in a time where all of this is so loving new, it is hard to even explain without touching a shitload of subjects from human psychology, game theory, addiction, con artists, and more

by ultimately it comes down to something that's been said for almost 4,000 years

"If it is too good to be true, it probably is."

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

Beet Wagon posted:

I used to go spearfishing within sight of his condo lol.

Also, I'll get back out to the gulf coast again someday so you guys can murder me. Actually I was just there on Sunday now that I think about it lol.

I'm going out there in July.
Going to drive around Florida and see if I can fall into some sinkholes

Aqua Seafoam Shame
Aug 20, 2018

by astral

TheAgent posted:

the internet has created the easiest way in human history to take money from people

we are living in a time where all of this is so loving new, it is hard to even explain without touching a shitload of subjects from human psychology, game theory, addiction, con artists, and more

by ultimately it comes down to something that's been said for almost 4,000 years

"If it is too good to be true, it probably is."

It's not totally new though. I like to tell people that I'm so old that I literally got a letter for that Nigerian prince scam in the mail once. Not email...actual physical mail.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Aqua Seafoam Shame posted:

I had no idea that the spokeswoman in those ads was a famous (I assume, I know jack about models) person. In fact you could have told me she was all CGI and I would have believed it. Models look weird.
Kate Upton was huge like 3 years ago

In internet time that's like 200 years

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

Not email...actual physical mail.

What is this voodoo magic you are talking about?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

It's not totally new though. I like to tell people that I'm so old that I literally got a letter for that Nigerian prince scam in the mail once. Not email...actual physical mail.
scams are as old as lying itself, which is basically human creativity and is so linked with our species who the gently caress knows exactly when that started

the internet has created something entirely new, thanks to its faceless nature

I'm too drunk to really get into it

Instead have a cringey loving lol that the girl from sota is now working with Tyler witkin, who should have his own #metoo hashtag

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

TheAgent posted:

scams are as old as lying itself, which is basically human creativity and is so linked with our species who the gently caress knows exactly when that started

the internet has created something entirely new, thanks to its faceless nature

I'm too drunk to really get into it

Instead have a cringey loving lol that the girl from sota is now working with Tyler witkin, who should have his own #metoo hashtag

LostMy2010Accnt
Dec 13, 2018

DapperDon posted:

My girlfriends mother was the first woman computer admin in the Pentagon back in the late 60's shattering a lot of those stereotypes. She also just went toe to toe with cancer and beat the poo poo out of it too. That woman has nothing but middle fingers to people that say she can't do something.

That's cool as gently caress. My grandmother used to do computer work in the early 60's as well for the DoD, just not at the Pentagon. Whenever she brings it up she'll bitch about how huge and noisy they were to deal with.

Of course. It's nice when someone drops a post like this that just reaffirms the point that we've been discussing over the last few hours about women in computer science.

Citcon posted:

Please stop embarassing yourselves

How so?

LostMy2010Accnt fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jan 10, 2019

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
She was already getting poo poo from former sota faithful because she "led them astray" and "tempted" them

the amount of sexist vitriol spit at her was already alarming

this job should be a completely hard pass for her

like supposedly she's dating someone there and the whole thing is just going to loving explode when they realize she's LGBTQ

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Imagine if they knew that Sandi was a feminist.

Lol.

Just lol.

LostMy2010Accnt
Dec 13, 2018

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Imagine if they knew that Sandi was a feminist.

Lol.

Just lol.

They've developed a fine skill at hand waving over the years, I'm sure they can do the same with Sandi. Something like, "Yeah, but she's not those types of feminists."

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Scruffpuff posted:

Joke's on them - according to Chris Roberts, they're doing everything backwards. The correct order is:

1 - Claim accolades
2 - Attend huge self-named conferences
3 - Take fuckloads of money
4 - Open several offices around the world
5 - Try to code the game
6 - Design the game

I have to hand it to Chris - he blew steps 1 through 4 out of the water, although step 5 seems to be giving him a slight hitch. Don't fret, Chris, you're nearly there!

Interesting how in Chris' way the transition trigger to proceed to the next step is "and if you start to lose your crowd then..." or "if you did this and you still haven't got a game then try to..." rather than "and if you completed the current step successfully then you are closer to making a game and you can proceed to...".

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

finally a female avatar is in

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

tuo posted:

fuckin smote

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

e: it's cool that in the minds of citizens goons are either anti-sjw monsters or pro sjw-monsters, depending on what's going on. I appreciate their commitment to blaming everything on us

Beet Wagon fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jan 10, 2019

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Always glad to see OPSEC being observed before a major campaign.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

tuo posted:

:lol:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

e: it's cool that in the minds of citizens goons are either anti-sjw monsters or pro sjw-monsters, depending on what's going on. I appreciate their commitment to blaming everything on us
I actually posted that

well one of my hivemind did

I can't control the derek alts like I used to. I find myself yelling "I CALLED IT" when ordering orange chicken at the local chinese place sometimes

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
My grandmother shot a fascist in the face.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Beet Wagon posted:

GOONS
RUIN
EVERYTHING

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

tuo posted:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Mirificus posted:

Original Thread

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Krycek posted:

GOONS
RUIN
EVERYTHING

It's in the job description when you paid the tenbux to Lowtax's Six Million Dollar Man Bionic Spine Fund.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

So she's moving from a game without a community to a community without a game.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

tooterfish posted:

:golfclap:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
there are dozens of sota players!

dozens!!

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Shroud of the Starvatar

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016
So....this happened.

https://twitter.com/RichardGarriott/status/1083477885535555584

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

tooterfish posted:

Well played.

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

the followup is firm but fair

play ball!

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
ask just what % turbulent is taking in offa every sale

because I keep asking and no one will answer that goddamn question

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

star citizen is a scam confirmed by garriott

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
omg lollllllllllllllll
https://twitter.com/RichardGarriott/status/1082651946778050561
and we thought we couldn't get lower than ending with ultima 9

Kobbo_Fett
Dec 5, 2016

Boba? Never heard of 'im.

Bofast posted:

Good post/avatar combo :golfclap:

:hai:

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I tried playing Ultima 9 like six or seven times over maybe three years or so, and each and every attempt ended in me beeing stuck due to various bugs (sometimes in geometry, most of the times because main quests were broken....IIRC once I even got stuck in the very first quest where you craft your character by responding to questions and taking some actions).

Was there actually a way to play through Ultima 9? I remember that most people I talked about it had the same experience.

Maybe it was those drat german gpu drivers :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

TheAgent posted:

omg lollllllllllllllll
https://twitter.com/RichardGarriott/status/1082651946778050561
and we thought we couldn't get lower than ending with ultima 9

TFW your spiritual successor is forsaken values.