Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Azerban posted:

just don't gently caress with people's food. don't do it. ever. even if you think you're good and well-meaning, you're actually not, you're a huge piece of poo poo, because you want to gently caress with people's food.

I just want to gently caress other people's food, don't kinkshame me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Xenocides posted:

I(27f) chose to give my brother(16) the sex talk, and now his dad is pissed at me. Was I in the wrong?
[has 10 kids] "pulling out is foolproof! :downs:"

We should make comprehensive sex ed mandatory to graduate each grade of high school and shoot any "parent" who wants to stop their kid from learning it.

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010

Haifisch posted:

my boss kept calling my wife to find me .. and now he won’t stop texting her apologies for all the calls

"No, I'm not going to immediately and completely stop this problem that's causing us both huge stress! I'm going to get into a huge rage and fight about it, because that will be far less stressful and will definitely work despite all indications to the contrary!"

Dump boss and wife.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Xenocides posted:

TLDR: Family is useless at the sex talk so I took matters into my own hands towards my brother. Was I in the wrong?

Nope

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

hockey jockey posted:

"No, I'm not going to immediately and completely stop this problem that's causing us both huge stress! I'm going to get into a huge rage and fight about it, because that will be far less stressful and will definitely work despite all indications to the contrary!"

Dump boss and wife.

Dude mentioned "paying to have the number blocked" which is a huge :confused: for me

Does any phone service charge for that poo poo anymore?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Yawgmoth posted:

[has 10 kids] "pulling out is foolproof! :downs:"

We should make comprehensive sex ed mandatory to graduate each grade of high school and shoot any "parent" who wants to stop their kid from learning it.

It already is in most public school systems, which is part of why the chuds are pushing so hard to abolish the department of education and put everyone in a custom charter school that teaches only exactly what the Whitehaven Country Club Parents' Association wants them to teach.

I went to public elementary school in Canada and had age-appropriate sex ed from 5th through 8th grade, and then went to a Catholic high school and it switched to "God intended for the act of procreation and sexual pleasure to happen at the same time, so you can't separate them" which handily covers contraception, masturbation, sodomy, and homosexuality*. That was the party line from everyone at the school except the chemistry teacher, who one day pulled the blinds, locked the door, and said "I'm not allowed to tell you any of this, but....these are condoms, this is how you use them, don't be stupid and ruin your life." Good guy.

*logically this also means that infertile couples and menopausal women can't have sex but I'm sure the church has some special loophole for them

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Johnny Truant posted:

Dude mentioned "paying to have the number blocked" which is a huge :confused: for me

Does any phone service charge for that poo poo anymore?

If you look it up on your carrier's site they'll imply it costs money and avoid any mention of how to do it on your phone

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

SciFiDownBeat posted:

kill you're boyfriend

Lmao. I can't believe people like this actually exist and are above the age of 21
[/quote]

Funny how he was OK w/ Tracer being gay, but now that the duff macho dude is gay, that's just the last straw.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Straight White Shark posted:

I'm [23f] paying my parents [42f 44m] back, after they paid for part of my college tuition. It's causing arguments between my boyfriend [26m] and I

To be completely honest, while I don't exactly doubt that the boyfriend is as much of an rear end in a top hat as she's portraying him, posts like this absolutely have the primary intention of being humble bragging. They know full well that the audience is going to praise them.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

CheesyDog posted:

If you look it up on your carrier's site they'll imply it costs money and avoid any mention of how to do it on your phone

:d2a:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Sagebrush posted:

It already is in most public school systems, which is part of why the chuds are pushing so hard to abolish the department of education and put everyone in a custom charter school that teaches only exactly what the Whitehaven Country Club Parents' Association wants them to teach.

I went to public elementary school in Canada and had age-appropriate sex ed from 5th through 8th grade, and then went to a Catholic high school and it switched to "God intended for the act of procreation and sexual pleasure to happen at the same time, so you can't separate them" which handily covers contraception, masturbation, sodomy, and homosexuality*. That was the party line from everyone at the school except the chemistry teacher, who one day pulled the blinds, locked the door, and said "I'm not allowed to tell you any of this, but....these are condoms, this is how you use them, don't be stupid and ruin your life." Good guy.

*logically this also means that infertile couples and menopausal women can't have sex but I'm sure the church has some special loophole for them

The official loophole for infertile couples and menopausal women is that 'hey, miracles happen' and doing a vague handwave towards the two stories in the bible where God magically had a 90+ year old woman get pregnant.

Combatace
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Simply Simon posted:

Boyfriend (30m) and I (22m) were mugged. He sprinted off and left me alone with mugger. He claims he was running for help but I didn't hear from him for over an hour. Just wondering how bad I should blow up his poo poo?

Reminds me of the other mugging story where the partner was completely useless, but sadly it's not gay this time despite the title.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVX9dAj8e8w

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

burial posted:

Over in the anonymous confessions thread, somebody wrote in claiming to be the bedridden dude from a few pages back.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3792439&perpage=40&pagenumber=505#post491517733

e:

So gross.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Zore posted:

The official loophole for infertile couples and menopausal women is that 'hey, miracles happen' and doing a vague handwave towards the two stories in the bible where God magically had a 90+ year old woman get pregnant.

While sticking my dick in another man: "I'm just hoping for a miracle."

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Azerban posted:

this is still 100% exactly the religious excuse when it comes to kosher/halal meats

I dunno how a belief that eating a food stains the soul and must be atoned for can be compared to an issue with texture but sure, they are the same in a reductive sort of way.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

cumshitter posted:

While sticking my dick in another man: "I'm just hoping for a miracle."

hell same

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Mistakes into miracles.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Admiral Ray posted:

I dunno how a belief that eating a food stains the soul and must be atoned for can be compared to an issue with texture but sure, they are the same in a reductive sort of way.

Vegans make no sense.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Admiral Ray posted:

Most chicken tendie enthusiasts are way, way more dedicated to being picky than the average church-goer is dedicated to their faith

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

spacetoaster posted:

Vegans make no sense.

Vegans don't believe in souls because otherwise our existence, by necessity, is the product of animal exploitation of the body by the soul.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Clark Nova posted:

Most chicken tendie enthusiasts are way, way more dedicated to being picky than the average church-goer is dedicated to their faith

I disagree on the picky part...

https://people.com/food/alabama-officials-urge-drivers-to-not-eat-chicken-tenders-highway-crash/

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

road grit isn't a vegetable :colbert:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Clark Nova posted:

road grit isn't a vegetable :colbert:

It does aid in digestion.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
it works the same like those animals that eat rocks and poo poo

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

Bored posted:

So gross.

Well said. That’s kind of what it boils down to, yeah. I don’t care if it’s a troll or whatever because even if it is the situation described is going on somewhere.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Barudak posted:

Look I use a bidet, toilet paper, babywipes, and a shower and still I feel it, the filth, crawling all over me.

The only way to be sure is to remove all the skin from your anus and the surrounding area after each bowel movement. Then, through copious use of Immodium, prevent the next bowel movement until the skin has healed and regrown. This method is foolproof.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
I wouldn't reuse a pastry bag so I might as well chuck the whole colon while I'm at it.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

You just throws those tendies in a fryer for 30 seconds and they're good as new

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Ytlaya posted:

The only way to be sure is to remove all the skin from your anus and the surrounding area after each bowel movement. Then, through copious use of Immodium, prevent the next bowel movement until the skin has healed and regrown. This method is foolproof.

Don't forget to burn your underwear and sanitize your rear end immaculately after you fart. Did you know there's always poo in farts???

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

Haifisch posted:

my boss kept calling my wife to find me .. and now he won’t stop texting her apologies for all the calls

Not only is the wife dumb for not blocking the number, and the boss dumb for not knowing when to stop, the OP is dumb for responding to his boss on his days off when he says he has no obligation to. I don't get people who use the same phone for work and personal use. When I'm off (especially vacation), I do not want any calls/texts/emails related to work showing up.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

McSpanky posted:

I have a hideous recurring dream that I'm one of these cases except that when it's discovered it invalidates everything I've done since then and I have to go back to 10th grade as a 39-year-old to take Algebra I or whatever, and I can't test out of it.

I think this might be a common thing, because I have had almost identical recurring dreams (being in high school as an adult for some reason). It's always very vague and doesn't really involve any specific events other than the general concept of "being in school and feeling that things are deeply out of place and I've been left behind."

edit: The main difference seems to be that your dream implies some awareness of your actual real life (with the "invalidates everything I've done") while mine generally involves no elements of my actual real life other than my age. Like, the dream usually consists of me gradually realizing that it isn't right for me to still be in high school, and then remembering my age.

edit2: Also the high school building in the dream resembles my elementary school, because dreams are weird

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jan 10, 2019

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Found out husband is the one stealing shallots from neighborhood gardens

This has been going on for several years. I live in a small rural neighborhood with an HOA where the houses are spread apart but neighbors are expected to keep their houses and yards nice. As with most HOAs, some members can get a little carried away with the seriousness of it all. There will be passive aggressive emails about escaped dogs, shirtless runners, unsightly fencing, etc. It really annoys my husband. I just laugh at it

Well, a few years ago the neighbors got together and made a community garden in the center lot. There were a lot of emails sent about this. A lot of drama. I don’t remember all of it but people would get upset if someone took up too much space with their plants, planted something unsightly, etc

So then we start getting emails complaining that someone was picking all the shallots/onions out of the garden. Some people thought it could be deer eating them. There were several theories. The next year the same thing happened and then people were also complaining that the onions/shallots were going missing from their personal gardens. This year it started happening again and people flipped out. All caps emails, demands to interrogate teenage residents, requests to put security cameras in the communal garden. Two houses were hit and then people started staking out in their gardens and putting up game cameras

It started out being funny because I’m not involved with gardening so it was just amusing to read all the emails. But this year people are getting really upset and wanting to get law enforcement involved.

So anyway, you already know what happens. I walk down to the bottom of our property that I don’t visit often and I find a lot of smashed onions and shallots. Like absolutely smashed to bits it clearly took a lot of work

I went inside and told my husband jokingly “I think we’re being framed for the onion heist!” He got this really weird look on his face and I had the realization and asked him if he didn’t have anything to do with this

He confessed to me that he did and had been stealing the onions and shallots to spite the neighbors. He was sneaking out at night to do this. I asked him why and he said he just hates them so much.

I don’t even know. This makes me really uncomfortable. The man is 31 and sneaking out at night to steal onions and I didn’t even notice? Why wouldn’t he just tell me? Like this has been going on for three years it’s not like he just did it once as a prank

I don’t know what to do. Can anyone help me think this through. Maybe I’m overreacting but I’m pretty upset

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Tricky Dick Nixon posted:

Found out husband is the one stealing shallots from neighborhood gardens

This has been going on for several years. I live in a small rural neighborhood with an HOA where the houses are spread apart but neighbors are expected to keep their houses and yards nice. As with most HOAs, some members can get a little carried away with the seriousness of it all. There will be passive aggressive emails about escaped dogs, shirtless runners, unsightly fencing, etc. It really annoys my husband. I just laugh at it

Well, a few years ago the neighbors got together and made a community garden in the center lot. There were a lot of emails sent about this. A lot of drama. I don’t remember all of it but people would get upset if someone took up too much space with their plants, planted something unsightly, etc

So then we start getting emails complaining that someone was picking all the shallots/onions out of the garden. Some people thought it could be deer eating them. There were several theories. The next year the same thing happened and then people were also complaining that the onions/shallots were going missing from their personal gardens. This year it started happening again and people flipped out. All caps emails, demands to interrogate teenage residents, requests to put security cameras in the communal garden. Two houses were hit and then people started staking out in their gardens and putting up game cameras

It started out being funny because I’m not involved with gardening so it was just amusing to read all the emails. But this year people are getting really upset and wanting to get law enforcement involved.

So anyway, you already know what happens. I walk down to the bottom of our property that I don’t visit often and I find a lot of smashed onions and shallots. Like absolutely smashed to bits it clearly took a lot of work

I went inside and told my husband jokingly “I think we’re being framed for the onion heist!” He got this really weird look on his face and I had the realization and asked him if he didn’t have anything to do with this

He confessed to me that he did and had been stealing the onions and shallots to spite the neighbors. He was sneaking out at night to do this. I asked him why and he said he just hates them so much.

I don’t even know. This makes me really uncomfortable. The man is 31 and sneaking out at night to steal onions and I didn’t even notice? Why wouldn’t he just tell me? Like this has been going on for three years it’s not like he just did it once as a prank

I don’t know what to do. Can anyone help me think this through. Maybe I’m overreacting but I’m pretty upset

This was posted before but still kinda funny even a second time.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

That was already posted but onion husband rules.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

That one was posted recently but IMO the only thing the husband did wrong was not savoring a delicious meal featuring the stolen shallots while reading all the histrionic nimby screeching on nextdoor

e:fb

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
My bad, been following this thread and didn't catch it and when a friend of mine linked the original reddit post I was floored but how bizarre and amazing it was.

Clark Nova posted:

That one was posted recently but IMO the only thing the husband did wrong was not savoring a delicious meal featuring the stolen shallots while reading all the histrionic nimby screeching on nextdoor

e:fb

Yeah a complete waste of some very underappreciated allium

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
On either side the river lie
Long fields of barley and of rye,
That clothe the wold and meet the sky;
And through the field the road runs by
To many-towered Camelot;
And up and down the people go,
Gazing where the lilies blow
The commune garden there below,
To see the smashed shallots

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

It was already posted that the onion post was already posted

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

He should have replaced them with radishes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Sagebrush posted:

John Oliver did a bit on this, and while it is likely you'll have it, the content of the course is WILDLY different depending on how right wing your area is. You can still get abstinence-only scare tactic "ALLL STDS ROT YOUR BRAIN" classes all over.