Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

steel wall barrier of slats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

Shear Modulus posted:

its wall/barrier now

ugh all these new terms and changes keeps me from learning getting bacj into mtg

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
whats the over/under on the next scotus justice is asked at their confirmation hearing if they like beer

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Somebody make the ~~~sLaT sLuTs~~~ gang tag

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Bilirubin posted:

LOCK. HER. UP.

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

FactsAreUseless posted:

Nah those games have always controlled weird. The trick is momentum, it matters way more than you'd think. Try to never go backward or stop.

i gave my girlfriend this advice after she attempted build a star 7 for the fifteenth time in a row and she just got mad at me and told me she doesnt need my help

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

mormonpartyboat posted:

whats the over/under on the next scotus justice is asked at their confirmation hearing if they like beer

10000000000069%

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.

kibaces posted:

Holy poo poo katamari on pc how am I hearing this now

i know, it's so amazing

the sequel was a huge improvement on the first game imo but they both still kick rear end. i remember a bunch of friends sitting around at a convention we all went to figuring out the little acoustic guitar menu thing and jamming to it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w9fOAG5Xz8

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

*screeching at the top of my lungs* WAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

C-Euro posted:

Yeah I've heard enough people say that about DD over the years that I'm going to start it this weekend at least. Also call me crazy but I was actually having fun with a lightly-modded Oblivion while I was playing it, mostly to cut back on the hosed up leveling scaling

Yeah that's why I haven't bought a home console since the Wii and console of any type since the 3DS. I really want a Switch (and actually got a decent-enough raise at work today that I could justify one!) but I have so much unplayed poo poo right now that I could never buy another video game and be set for decades.

Like I have a box of Gamecube games I look at once or twice a year and think "hmm I should replay all of those before I sell them". Just sell them you dumb poo poo!

does it bring you joy???

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

https://twitter.com/StevenTDennis/status/1083507418464747520
lmao chuck fuckin grassley using the norms argument against trump

Hatch would've held the line

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1083507856702390272
:thunk:

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

FactsAreUseless posted:

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

This is seriously an impeachable abuse of power
I can't wait for all the handcuffing legislation they pass on the executive as soon as a dem is back in power

It'll be like the Paygo rule where the Republicans will unshackle themselves every time they're in power and the Democrats will of their own volition put the shackles back on when they take power, as cover for not being able to deliver on any progressive priorities.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

FactsAreUseless posted:

if I ever have money I'm getting the AOC gangtag

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

California is the most powerful state in the union. New York does as Trump commands and somehow Cali hasn’t stopped sending tax revenue to DC

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
lol hill dawg lost to this loving moron lmao forever

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Zyla posted:

does it bring you joy???

what kinda idiot spends time and money on things they enjoy

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

It's been two years and these idiots still don't know that telling Trump something is a bad idea will get him to do it

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

SKULL.GIF posted:

It's been two years and these idiots still don't know that telling Trump something is a bad idea will get him to do it

I think thats the strategy

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

SKULL.GIF posted:

Yeah that's one theory.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Graham was talking about TPS and Dreamer reform in return for wall funding I believe.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Zyla posted:

does it bring you joy???

I mean I feel OK right now

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

lol tucker carlson has a brother named buckley

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Shear Modulus posted:

i became an academic and now i read papers that came up with all of my good ideas thirty years ago

it gets better, eventually the papers will only be from fifteen years ago

Eleven Eleven
Nov 12, 2016

Jon Joe posted:

Man we're not even to the first commericial break of episode 1.

Episode 1 was the Midterm Results and Sessions getting sacked.

Episode 2 was the Avenatti and Wohl stuff teasing a filler episode wrap up until a bunch of Manafort and Cohen stuff dropped along with the Kelly resignation.

Episode 3 was the Christmas Special featuring the Mattis resignation, market panic and gov shutdown starting.

We're definitely on Episode 4 of a 25 episode Season set to climax with Election Night 2020.

Edit: Each episode is about a month, some more and some less. Each season is a 2 year political news cycle.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Epic High Five posted:

what kinda idiot spends time and money on things they enjoy

*stares sadly at Destiny 2 total play time*

definitely not me

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
i will say it again:

SOLID GLASS WALL

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Graham wants Trump to declare an emergency so he can use California/Puerto RICO/ Texas disaster money lol

campfire
Feb 19, 2008

Snoo Zertnert

U-DO Burger posted:

lol tucker carlson has a brother named buckley

Tuck, Buck, and Cuck Carlson

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Chinatown posted:

lol hill dawg lost to this loving moron lmao forever

ya loving lmao that 50,000 brown children are locked in for profit concentration rape camps

america so good

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

a helpful bear posted:

i will say it again:

SOLID GLASS WALL

benefits:

- see-thru (the bigliest)
- too smooth to climb
- create lots of jobs for wall washers
- looks sweet

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

brain genious move to shut down/partially defund the govt while simultaneously trying to force a massive public works project thru w emergency powers to steer the govt and its available funds

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Eleven Eleven posted:

Episode 1 was the Midterm Results and Sessions getting sacked.

Episode 2 was the Avenatti and Wohl stuff teasing a filler episode wrap up until a bunch of Manafort and Cohen stuff dropped along with the Kelly resignation.

Episode 3 was the Christmas Special featuring the Mattis resignation, market panic and gov shutdown starting.

We're definitely on Episode 4 of a 25 episode Season set to climax with Election Night 2020.

This is season 3 all that stuff was season 2

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.

C-Euro posted:

I mean I feel OK right now

if you ever plan on having kids, keep anything you like because they'll also like it and it's a fun bonding experience. it's also a nice way to forget that you brought them into a world of impending doom for a little while.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

now he's definitely going to do it

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

SKULL.GIF posted:

A National Emergency, not even to declare tyranny

But for the loving wall

Just lol

I'm so sad this country is going to be destroyed because I'll never get to see how American history textbooks treat this period, and every other country is going to be like "yeah america went bugfuck insane and completely gutted their society to build a wall that never even got built" and just move on past it

ok class its time to cover the trump era turn to page 420

the chapter is just a single page with this:

lmao

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Xaris posted:

ya loving lmao that 50,000 brown children are locked in for profit concentration rape camps

america so good

america has always been great

* murders almost all of the native population quickly, then slowly over centuries*

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/alxthomp/status/1083446595297951745?s=21

lmao Donny actively preparing for her death

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

SKULL.GIF posted:

They're not actually trying to stop him, they're just posturing according to what they need to appear to believe depending on their particular political calculations.

It's pretty obvious the Republicans would love for Trump to declare a national emergency and push the fight for the wall into the courts, letting them reopen the government without appearing to go against Trump or capitulate. They want the government open without catching blame for closing it in the first place or for opening it against Trump's wishes.