Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Kith posted:

i bear no responsibility for what y'all do with this

this is "single tear as my child graduates lunar law school" levels of proud i'm feeling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

this is "single tear as my child graduates lunar law school" levels of proud i'm feeling.

calm down there buddy, all this crying? shhesh, nice meltdown

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Miso Beno posted:

help im stupid how do i get in on this

Give lowtax monies

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Miso Beno posted:

help im stupid how do i get in on this
if I understand correctly, you have to purchase a new av for yourself and in the custom title text include the following:

code:
[img]https://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/titles/a8/ee/00111320.0001.png[/img]

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

if I understand correctly, you have to purchase a new av for yourself and in the custom title text include the following:

code:
[timg]https://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/titles/a8/ee/00111320.0001.png[/timg]

Correct. Make sure to right-click and save your current av if you want to save it. All purchased avs are saved in the fi.somethingawful directory, so that's how some people are using this weird old trick to get themselves double avatars.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

code:
[img]https://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/titles/a8/ee/00111320.0001.png[/img]

Thank you, I honestly wasn't sure how you added them. Lowtax monies given.

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Correct. Make sure to right-click and save your current av if you want to save it. All purchased avs are saved in the fi.somethingawful directory, so that's how some people are using this weird old trick to get themselves double avatars.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

fun fact, this used to work with any image stored on the something awful servers so people were giving themselves full page avatars. :v:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Memento posted:

Thank you, I honestly wasn't sure how you added them. Lowtax monies given.

you can actually see all your old avatars if you want by changing the last number/file extension

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Powershift posted:

you can actually see all your old avatars if you want by changing the last number/file extension

So how many gang tags can I stack, smarty pants?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Powershift posted:

Oh man I forgot that time some idiot decided to give everyone in TFR pony avatars.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Burt Sexual posted:

So how many gang tags can I stack, smarty pants?

4 i would think, assuming you have no other text, you'd be limited by the length of the image URLs and the 300 character text limit. I've never actually tried more than 2.

I think I'll prob swap out my GP2 thread tag for the truckfucklers one at some point.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Powershift posted:

4 i would think, assuming you have no other text, you'd be limited by the length of the image URLs and the 300 character text limit. I've never actually tried more than 2.

I think I'll prob swap out my GP2 thread tag for the truckfucklers one at some point.

Rules are for people that wear eye protection.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo
"Leaving a little gift for my workshop when they turn the compressor back on Monday morning."

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Air compressor pranks are usually insanely stupid and dangerous but that's a solid one.

Many many years ago a first year apprentice at my work dropped a rattle gun that was plugged in to the airline. It landed on the handle, and broke off the airline coupler, still in the airline. He picked up the airline (that was blasting air out the end) and pressed the release button. The broken piece of the coupler flew across the workshop hard enough to knock a chip out of the concrete wall.

Everyone was more impressed than anything else.

Anyway, not mine.

https://i.imgur.com/b5bf9ML.mp4

Memento fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Jan 11, 2019

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Memento posted:

Anyway, not mine.
At least it didn't go up anyone's rear end.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Mbrub6UCNc

schmug
May 20, 2007

Burt Sexual posted:

Give lowtax monies

is that within OSHA regulations?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
collect all the tags for spinal repair

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Kith posted:

i bear no responsibility for what y'all do with this

I used to deliver equipment to job sites for a industrial painting/refinishing company. Does that make me a truckfuckler?

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

DiHK posted:

I used to deliver equipment to job sites for a industrial painting/refinishing company. Does that make me a truckfuckler?

You know deep in your heart if you belong with the .

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Memento posted:

Air compressor pranks

Rubber glove wired to the exhaust of a pneumatic panel feeder. It expanded quite a bit, maybe the size of a fat shetland pony, before exploding.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

dee eight posted:

the size of a fat shetland pony

This needs to be an unofficial official unit of measurement.

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Look at this truckfuckling badass:

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Stolen from the gif thread:

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Trabant posted:

Stolen from the gif thread:

"Does it hurt when you eat a slice of pizza with a chunk of Chinese utility blade in it?"

"Every time"

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

"Does it hurt when you eat a slice of pizza with a chunk of Chinese utility blade in it?"

"Every time"

If you eat the blades though it makes tears in your stomach wall that allows the pizza to get into the bloodstream faster. This is a solid way to get the pizza high you used to get as a kid but are now too dead inside to feel anymore.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Needs a second outboard to fan the flames.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

What about the guy going hunting with a logging axe? I want to know what he's planning.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

The Lone Badger posted:

What about the guy going hunting with a logging axe? I want to know what he's planning.

Koalaxed.Throw one on the barbie tonight!

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
I was in a small town in Wisconsin last week, and they had an axe throwing place. I can only imagine how much the insurance costs.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Nocheez posted:

I was in a small town in Wisconsin last week, and they had an axe throwing place. I can only imagine how much the insurance costs.

There are a bunch here, they're axe throwing BARS. you drink and throw axes.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
Grimey Drawer

The shape of the can and nozzle look [suspiciously] like home-owner insecticide containers from around the same time.

So, relabled illegal DDT.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

They've done a couple of car rescue vids too. Apparently most recent, wherein the ax again proves most useful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jEnIxVhavM

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

Meanwhile, digging thru old photos, and found this delight from cleaning out my grandpa's workshop.

Instructions:
1. Point at base of fire
2. Squeeze can
3. Make fist
4. Shout "RICHARRRRRRRDS"

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://i.imgur.com/tHxrdl8.mp4

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

I'm watching this with horrific fascination, like :stare: and :ohdear: combined

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Otteration posted:

They've done a couple of car rescue vids too. Apparently most recent, wherein the ax again proves most useful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jEnIxVhavM
I know "Mad Max was a documentary" is a cliche but...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Splicer posted:

I know "Mad Max was a documentary" is a cliche but...

This is actually just an homage to the doco bush mechanic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIcmsjT73Yk