Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flyin Jim Elbows
Jul 10, 2008

College Slice
Welp I'm done with school and almost finished with my work obligation to my stupid factory job, but now I have to deal with interviewing for entry level dev positions. I'm getting cold sweats just thinking about being in a room with 4 other guys and them asking me to do something weird with linked lists or whatever and me just sitting there having no loving clue where to begin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Clearly any Linked list should start with the original Legend of Zelda.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Flyin Jim Elbows posted:

Welp I'm done with school and almost finished with my work obligation to my stupid factory job, but now I have to deal with interviewing for entry level dev positions. I'm getting cold sweats just thinking about being in a room with 4 other guys and them asking me to do something weird with linked lists or whatever and me just sitting there having no loving clue where to begin.

just look it up in the internet

that's all everyone does in IT and dev

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Who's the wokest QB who received a snap this season?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Which current starting quarterbacks openly identify as Democrats? Being rich (and mostly white) seems to make aligning with Republicans more plausible.

Flyin Jim Elbows
Jul 10, 2008

College Slice
That should be the entire interview process. Just me proving I can look up a similar solution on stack overflow and make it fit the problem.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Flyin Jim Elbows posted:

The key to any tech interview is to break the problem down before jumping in to code, noting any assumptions and asking a lot of questions and talking about what you're thinking.

Also, don't be afraid to admit you aren't familiar with some concept, you're a junior, you won't know everything.

Let your passion shine through, all good questions about the company and you'll be ok.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Russell Wilson endorsed Hillary on Facebook back in 2016 and while he is a robot he has never done any chud stuff.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Russell Wilson is the most White Feminist QB of all time.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Smart toilet will tell you how large your turds are through water displacement. I hope.

https://twitter.com/edzitron/status/1083482208730398720?s=19

Flyin Jim Elbows
Jul 10, 2008

College Slice

Neil Armbong posted:

The key to any tech interview is to break the problem down before jumping in to code, noting any assumptions and asking a lot of questions and talking about what you're thinking.

Also, don't be afraid to admit you aren't familiar with some concept, you're a junior, you won't know everything.

Let your passion shine through, all good questions about the company and you'll be ok.

That's good to hear. Where I'm mostly self taught and a 31 year old dude trying to catch up I'm always unsure of how I compare to the guys that actually went to school for all of this. I've put out a couple of small projects and was able to get a really simple app out on the Google Play Store, but my whole process for that has been:
Step 1. I want this feature but I have no idea how to make it happen.
Step 2. Find someone online that made something similar happen and make that solution fit my program through trial and error.
Step 3. Move on to next feature.

I definitely have a passion for it, I love how rewarding it feels to finally wrap my head around a problem and understand the solution. I'm just really not confident in my ability to tackle algorithms in an interview environment when the pressure is on.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Flyin Jim Elbows posted:

That's good to hear. Where I'm mostly self taught and a 31 year old dude trying to catch up I'm always unsure of how I compare to the guys that actually went to school for all of this. I've put out a couple of small projects and was able to get a really simple app out on the Google Play Store, but my whole process for that has been:
Step 1. I want this feature but I have no idea how to make it happen.
Step 2. Find someone online that made something similar happen and make that solution fit my program through trial and error.
Step 3. Move on to next feature.

I definitely have a passion for it, I love how rewarding it feels to finally wrap my head around a problem and understand the solution. I'm just really not confident in my ability to tackle algorithms in an interview environment when the pressure is on.

Yeah, that sounds like being a professional programmer, there is a reason why people joke the world would end if StackOverflow went down

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

Flyin Jim Elbows posted:

That's why I suggest breaking it down and asking questions before jumping in. Honestly, that's a big difference between seniors and others in interviewing and a great way to calm your nerves so you can think straight.

A good company wants you to succeed at an interview and if they're being chodes trying to make you feel dumb, that should be a red flag about working there.

Flyin Jim Elbows
Jul 10, 2008

College Slice
Thanks for the support and advice yall. I'm feeling a lot better about the whole process now. Interviews are so miserable and in a way I'm really lucky I haven't had to deal with them in 10 years.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Android Apocalypse posted:

Which current starting quarterbacks openly identify as Democrats? Being rich (and mostly white) seems to make aligning with Republicans more plausible.

Aaron Rodgers probably?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Man it's weird to see someone's real face on here. You're actually people rather than bots trained by weight lifting ebooks, online recipes and 90s comedy routines.

Nice setup question. They know full well that Trump won't accept even the tiniest blame, so implying that there is blame and he just renounces responsibility completely.

Quiet Feet posted:

I'm jealous of you dog havers. Going to be doing some dog sitting in February but we cant full-time have a dog due to my wife's allergies. It's her parents' dog we'll be looking after, and it's supposed to be hypoallergenic (spaniel/poodle mix) but she's still a little allergic.

Oh well, I'll enjoy our little bit of time with a doggo. :unsmith:

Get rid of that bitch. The wife I mean

ps sorry for calling your wife a bitch. i bet she's nice and my joke isn't funny anyways

swickles posted:

I love pugs but can't bring myself to get one. I have promised to never get a bracycephalic dog.

I'm sorry, but I made a sacred promise to my mall sensei. Nothing will sway me from this journey, no matter how googly-eyed and genetically disfigured :colbert:

Skwirl posted:

Who's the wokest QB who received a snap this season?

Josh Rosen just because he grew up in California? Cam Newton? Honestly I can't think of many. Most are likely chuds and none of them actually want to engage in politics at all (smartly)

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Play posted:

Man it's weird to see someone's real face on here. You're actually people rather than bots trained by weight lifting ebooks, online recipes and 90s comedy routines.

we've been knowing fiz' beautiful face for years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUJVMzADyq0

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Ehud posted:

we've been knowing fiz' beautiful face for years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUJVMzADyq0

SA2K’s legs are seared into my brain

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Going down the rabbit hole of what NFL players support which party is not great

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2016/11/03/players-locker-room-election-donald-trump-hillary-clinton/93242972/

quote:

Broncos defensive end Derek Wolfe backs Trump. He is worried about pocketbook issues — namely, his own.

“I already pay half my money to the government,” he said. “I shouldn’t have to give any more. … I'm not saying Trump is the best, but I vote Republican every year, no matter what. And this really means a lot to me this year because they're taking 50% of our checks. You want to take 60, 65% of my check now? I can't do that. It's not worth playing the game if I'm going to come out here and take years off my life just so someone else can live.”

quote:

Bills guard Richie Incognito, who gave $500 to Trump’s campaign in June, according to federal campaign finance records, said he plans to vote for Trump. “My biggest thing is taxes,” he said, “and creating jobs.”

Bills center Eric Wood is also aboard the Trump train. “I am afraid of what having another Democratic president can do with our taxes,” he said.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

Lol, no one has a 50% tax rate, but at least they're honest about their greed.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Holy gently caress today is going slowly.

Hurry up work I want to be free.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Do people hate Undisputed with Shannon and Skip?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
The scheduled maintenance service for the truck took about 5 hours out of our day, but we were sitting all day anyway. Just 1 hour of that was actual work on the truck.

I feel for the guy who usually has to sit around for this.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/johnupton/status/1083387896403505153

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Thaddius the Large posted:

SA2K’s legs are seared into my brain

My legs are quite different now.

That was 10 years ago my god

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

Some co-workers were talking about this the other day and got drat are some people just assholes.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

The Bananana posted:

never seen it, but the assumption is very yes. I can't stand stupid loudmouths that aren't me

went to cathedral rock the other day and the whole drat place was closed leaving nowhere to park or go enjoy the snow

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

The Bananana posted:

Skip Bayless rules. It's performance art.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

a neat cape posted:

Skip Bayless rules. It's performance art.

:yeah:

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i wouldn't want to watch an entire show of skip and shannon but the commercial where he's yelling at a dummy is good

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i wonder if all the gas lines in the city are going to explode because i was able to get my grill up to 700 for burgers

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Derry Girls is really loving good.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Derry Girls is really loving good.

Yeah, it's great. Especially Orla

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Would you guys let Rihanna peg you? This is all over twitter and it seems like 90% of people would

So would I, tbqh

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
So apparently I ate a whole bunch of times at the Wendy's from "woman finds a finger in her Wendy's chili."

Thank god it was a hoax.

sup sysk army

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

What do you guys wear at the gym? Just sweats, or some kind of working-out pants or shorts? What kinda socks? These seem like ridiculous questions to me but I'm also looking at my clothes and thinking nothing seems suitable.

.... boxers, briefs, boxer-briefs?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Leperflesh posted:

What do you guys wear at the gym? Just sweats, or some kind of working-out pants or shorts? What kinda socks? These seem like ridiculous questions to me but I'm also looking at my clothes and thinking nothing seems suitable.

.... boxers, briefs, boxer-briefs?

Nothing, I work out in the nude like the ancient greeks

(I wear mesh shorts and underarmor shirts)

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Basketball shorts, tshirt (I wear a tech style one but plain cotton is usually fine), boxer briefs for uh support. I also wear a baseball hat to keep the hair out of my eyes.

And most important of all that if you don't have you might as well go home...your headphones.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Also, there was a dude at my gym who used to lift in jeans and Uggs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
Basketball shorts a shirt and converse. Lately tho I've been putting on leggings I had for running to help keep my legs warm though