Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Schwack posted:

Hey here are some more tweets to feel great about.

https://twitter.com/EvanonHB/status/1082131921239388160

Wow Russell Wilsons agent is a normal human being who watched that game!??!?! crazy poo poo man.

Watching Ravens/Chargers made me feel better about our game tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Rams projected to get 2 3rd round comp picks:

https://overthecap.com/projecting-the-2019-compensatory-picks/

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Edit: nevermind

Benny the Snake fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jan 7, 2019

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1082685007506952194?s=19

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Y’all won a Super Bowl and went to another one.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Yeah it owned

and now we had a rebuild year that ended up in the playoffs

please don't kill my vibe with literally any of the other facts surrounding these things

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Finger Prince posted:

Seattle Seahawks season summarized:
Lol, we're loving terrible, fire schottenheimer.
Ha, this plucky garbage team with garbage play calling is kinda holding their own. But are still bad. Fire schottenheimer.
OMG lol we might actually make the playoffs, maybe we're secretly good and Schotty isn't terrible!
Hahaha we actually made the playoffs, and the offense is genuinely looking good! Schottenheimer might be a secret genius!
loving fire everyone and double fire Schotty, we are trash.

lol

Manoueverable posted:

Quite frankly we just weren't good enough in any phase of the game and it's entirely possible we were in fact a paper tiger all year. Our pass rush was almost nonexistent today, we gave up big returns, had terrible penalties on both sides (and some uncalled ones that didn't go our way), and just didn't look good except for Russell when he was permitted to throw the ball and Lockett.

More broadly, Griffin was so bad that the Cowboys actively picked on him. I'm kind of embarrassed to think the team considered him the heir to Sherm, they're not even in the same loving galaxy. He started bad, then looked good for a few weeks, and now he's bad again.

And an onside kick has worked for us once ever that I can recall, that it happened in the NFC Championship Game doesn't matter when the odds are basically zero when the other team is expecting it. Yeah, it was a terrible kick, but a successful one is a small miracle in and of itself.

I lean more this direction. The team is and has been mediocre this year in terms of talent. There's not enough on defense to stand against the Dallas O line and on the other side of the ball Dallas has a fantastic defense, especially against the run. So it wasn't a favorable matchup in that sense. Schottenheimer and Pete should've adjusted, yes. If you can't run the ball you can't run the ball and you should give it up until you see a new look from the defense. Running into stacked boxes on first and second down was really frustrating to watch. Maybe the first five times were fine but then it got pretty old.

I still like what they're trying to do there, overall. They took this team above its talent level for quite a while this season, a put on a nice show. Really played some great close games.

Think about it like this: quarterback is the ONLY position group on the entire team that the Seahawks have a clear advantage over the Cowboys. O line, D line, receivers, tight ends, linebackers, secondary. All Dallas. Running back is the only position that is really competitive but having Zeke probably wins that for the Cowboys too. They're a better team everywhere but quarterback and the Seahawks' focus on the run game neutered that advantage too.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

well duh, i could have told you the seahawks sucked after they almost lost to the cardinals. i probably did

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Losing to the 49ers and then beating the Mahomes Chiefs in back to back weeks is going to have me :thunk: for years

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Y’all won a Super Bowl and went to another one.

What does this have to do with celebrating Beast Mode being awesome? You can like multiple things.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Play posted:

lol

I lean more this direction. The team is and has been mediocre this year in terms of talent. There's not enough on defense to stand against the Dallas O line and on the other side of the ball Dallas has a fantastic defense, especially against the run. So it wasn't a favorable matchup in that sense. Schottenheimer and Pete should've adjusted, yes. If you can't run the ball you can't run the ball and you should give it up until you see a new look from the defense. Running into stacked boxes on first and second down was really frustrating to watch. Maybe the first five times were fine but then it got pretty old.

I still like what they're trying to do there, overall. They took this team above its talent level for quite a while this season, a put on a nice show. Really played some great close games.

Think about it like this: quarterback is the ONLY position group on the entire team that the Seahawks have a clear advantage over the Cowboys. O line, D line, receivers, tight ends, linebackers, secondary. All Dallas. Running back is the only position that is really competitive but having Zeke probably wins that for the Cowboys too. They're a better team everywhere but quarterback and the Seahawks' focus on the run game neutered that advantage too.

We have the coaching advantage too, which is why it was supremely disappointing to see Carroll fit his entire head up his own rear end.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Chichevache posted:

We have the coaching advantage too, which is why it was supremely disappointing to see Carroll fit his entire head up his own rear end.

true

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/thecheckdown/status/1082738629984759808

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Peachfart posted:

What does this have to do with celebrating Beast Mode being awesome? You can like multiple things.

He edited his posts but there was some “Oh what could have been” comment in there.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
NFC West, 3 leading offensive minds in McVay, Shanahan and Kingsbury... and 1 Brian Schottenheimer

NFC West 2.0: McVay, Shanahan, Kingsbury..... Schottenheimer

DariusLikewise fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Jan 8, 2019

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

He needs to hire one of these recently fired head coaches that make great defensive coordinators and just let him do his thing. OH hey what’s Steve Wilks up to these days??

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

kiimo posted:

He needs to hire one of these recently fired head coaches that make great defensive coordinators and just let him do his thing. OH hey what’s Steve Wilks up to these days??

i too wonder what todd bowles is up to

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

hifi posted:

i too wonder what todd bowles is up to

:hmmyes:

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
https://twitter.com/edsbs/status/1082774935427342336?s=19

As a Washington and Seahawks fan, the very thought tempts me to hope for this impossible outcome

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

hifi posted:

well duh, i could have told you the seahawks sucked after they almost lost to the cardinals. i probably did

I thought Brain Genius Schottenheimer was saving his best calls for the playoffs and wow what a fool I have been.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Schwack posted:

I thought Brain Genius Schottenheimer was saving his best calls for the playoffs and wow what a fool I have been.

Maybe he was, and that’s just what his best calls look like.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Peachfart posted:

drat right. I'm a Niners fan and I was howling when Lynch broke that run.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The Beastquake is a top 10 all time nfl play imo

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Lynch also seems to be an awesome human being so it's an all around feel good play.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The only "what could have been" about the beastquake would be if that team went to the Super Bowl mowing over each supposedly better team, and I bet rule changes would have happened to prevent a 7-9 team from getting into the playoffs again.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1083418581981753344?s=21

drat thats weird how that happens when some unnamed person tells you to run a 5 yard play on 3rd and 9 every series

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Was the run established??

Play
Apr 25, 2006

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

has the heat death of the universe begun? not yet? then no

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

The run rises, brother

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
You think the run is your ally? You merely adapted it!

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Benny the Snake posted:

You think the run is your ally? You merely adapted it!

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Intel&Sebastian posted:

https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1083418581981753344?s=21

drat thats weird how that happens when some unnamed person tells you to run a 5 yard play on 3rd and 9 every series

Piggybacking on this-
https://www.seahawks.com/news/five-things-we-learned-from-seahawks-offensive-coordinator-brian-schottenheimer-

quote:

1. Russell Wilson was even better than he expected.

“It was great,” Schottenheimer said. “I didn’t know what to expect. Obviously I had followed Russ from afar being a guy who loves quarterback play, and I knew he was a terrific player. I think he’s got the reputation as a guy who is going to go out, he’s going to improvise and make plays and just run around to do that. I was blown away by his ability to throw the ball, his ability to throw the ball deep with accuracy, and then just the work ethic, the preparation. It’s unlike anything I’ve ever been around, and I’ve been blessed to be around some great ones. His professionalism throughout the course of the week, his discipline throughout the week of how he prepared, and not just himself, but how he prepared the unit, was top notch."

He gushes about how great RW is and proceeds to relegate him to the backup plan all season. What a loving joke.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Sodomy Hussein on November 26, 2018 posted:

In order for the Seahawks to develop into a team that deserves a post-season, they are going to need a playbook and execution that doesn't involve a ball carrier getting clowned in the backfield like clockwork to "establish the run"

Ron Howard: they continued being lovely

Play
Apr 25, 2006

its all nice on rice posted:

He gushes about how great RW is and proceeds to relegate him to the backup plan all season. What a loving joke.

I mean in a way he did help to bring out Russel's excellent deep passing by getting defenders to move closer to the line of scrimmage, then doing play action/moving pocket to give Russ time to find Lockett or Baldwin downfield. Russ this season had one of the best deep passing seasons I've seen from anyone, ever. The man has the most beautiful teardrop pass that you will ever see. The formula was working, but of course it wasn't going to work forever and stalled out against a significantly more talented team at most positions.

I can totally understand not wanting to come away from the stuff that has gotten you what success you had. But it should've happened anyways, by half time at the very least. It really was time to set Russ lose and see if he could win the game for you because he's the best player on the team.

Totally unrelated, but for some reason I'm very intrigued about the Cardinals and whether they will keep Josh Rosen or boldly use their first overall pick on a different QB. Rosen to the Giants makes the most sense of anything I've heard.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Play posted:

For some reason I'm very intrigued about the Cardinals and whether they will keep Josh Rosen or boldly use their first overall pick on a different QB. Rosen to the Giants makes the most sense of anything I've heard.

Despite his first year I would rather have Rosen than any QB in this draft, and it's not particularly close. That would be hilarious if the Cardinals cut bait on him already.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Agreed. Rosen is a good an prospect. Let him grow.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Play posted:

I mean in a way he did help to bring out Russel's excellent deep passing by getting defenders to move closer to the line of scrimmage, then doing play action/moving pocket to give Russ time to find Lockett or Baldwin downfield. Russ this season had one of the best deep passing seasons I've seen from anyone, ever. The man has the most beautiful teardrop pass that you will ever see. The formula was working, but of course it wasn't going to work forever and stalled out against a significantly more talented team at most positions.

I can totally understand not wanting to come away from the stuff that has gotten you what success you had. But it should've happened anyways, by half time at the very least. It really was time to set Russ lose and see if he could win the game for you because he's the best player on the team.

The problem with what the Seahawks offense this year is they had absolutely no intermediate passing game, nor did they include a lot of stretch and misdirection run plays. They basically just ran the ball directly into the line or ran a play action pass where RW threw it up for Lockett. They ignored all that space 5-15 yards past the line of scrimmage where you can gently caress with linebackers and safeties and tire them out. That's not even getting into the fact that RW is an incredible runner and bootlegs and designed QB runs would help as well.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm not sure why Kliff Kingsbury is getting credit for Mahomes, though.

Everyone on the draft thread said Mahomes' footwork and mechanics were terrible and now they've been fixed. If they were terrible how does that work for Kingsbury as an NFL head coach?

By the way the person responsible for Mahomes is not Kingsbury, not Andy Reid, not Eric Bieniemy, not Matt Nagy. It's QB coach Mike Kafka, who was attached to Mahomes' hip every day for the last year. He will be the Chiefs OC one day and is already considered a future head coach.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The run game cannot fail, it can only be failed (by inadequate conditioning):

https://mobile.twitter.com/bradyhenderson/status/1083191145327292416

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

kiimo posted:

I'm not sure why Kliff Kingsbury is getting credit for Mahomes, though.

Everyone on the draft thread said Mahomes' footwork and mechanics were terrible and now they've been fixed. If they were terrible how does that work for Kingsbury as an NFL head coach?

By the way the person responsible for Mahomes is not Kingsbury, not Andy Reid, not Eric Bieniemy, not Matt Nagy. It's QB coach Mike Kafka, who was attached to Mahomes' hip every day for the last year. He will be the Chiefs OC one day and is already considered a future head coach.

From what I remember the biggest knock against Mahomes coming out was that he trusted his arm took much and was willing to make throws a QB shouldn’t make like throwing across his body while running or going deep when he didn’t have space to follow through, and from what I’ve seen he still does a lot of that stuff, it just turns out that when you have the right arm of god it doesn’t actually hurt you that often.

He’s definitely gotten smarter and more composed, but he also sat basically an entire year to learn which wasn’t something that was feasible when he was in college.