Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

content
Feb 13, 2014

Chrpno posted:

Weinstein would not know of the sacred power of the wakizashi. The word katana was used in ancient Japan and is still used today, whereas the old usage of the word nihontō is found in the poem, the Song of Nihontō, by the Song dynasty poet Ouyang Xiu. The word nihontō became more common in Japan in the late Tokugawa shogunate. Due to importation of Western swords, the word nihontō was adopted in order to distinguish it from the Western sword (洋刀yōtō). Meibutsu (noted swords) is a special designation given to sword masterpieces which are listed in a compilation from the 18th century called the "Kyoho Meibutsucho". The swords listed are Koto blades from several different provinces, 100 of the 166 swords listed are known to exist today with Soshublades being very well represented. The "Kyoho Meibutsucho" also listed the nicknames, prices, history and length of the Meibutsu with swords by Yoshimitsu, Masamune, Yoshihiro, and Sadamune being very highly priced.

neat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Chrpno posted:

Weinstein would not know of the sacred power of the wakizashi. The word katana was used in ancient Japan and is still used today, whereas the old usage of the word nihontō is found in the poem, the Song of Nihontō, by the Song dynasty poet Ouyang Xiu. The word nihontō became more common in Japan in the late Tokugawa shogunate. Due to importation of Western swords, the word nihontō was adopted in order to distinguish it from the Western sword (洋刀yōtō). Meibutsu (noted swords) is a special designation given to sword masterpieces which are listed in a compilation from the 18th century called the "Kyoho Meibutsucho". The swords listed are Koto blades from several different provinces, 100 of the 166 swords listed are known to exist today with Soshublades being very well represented. The "Kyoho Meibutsucho" also listed the nicknames, prices, history and length of the Meibutsu with swords by Yoshimitsu, Masamune, Yoshihiro, and Sadamune being very highly priced.

It's pronounced "sword."

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paTW3wOyIYw

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Solice Kirsk posted:

It's pronounced "wi-fu."

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

aaaaaazoop

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

And now pigs can fly

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

I like Miyazaki's work in general but if he turns out decent otherwise here on I might forgive some anime. Not a lot.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cursed

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Milo and POTUS posted:

I like Miyazaki's work in general but if he turns out decent otherwise here on I might forgive some anime. Not a lot.

good news regarding miyazaki's opinion on the anime industry in japan

quote:

You see, whether you can draw like this or not, being able to think up this kind of design, it depends on whether or not you can say to yourself, ‘Oh, yeah, girls like this exist in real life. If you don’t spend time watching real people, you can’t do this, because you’ve never seen it. Some people spend their lives interested only in themselves. Almost all Japanese animation is produced with hardly any basis taken from observing real people, you know. It’s produced by humans who can’t stand looking at other humans. And that’s why the industry is full of otaku!.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
https://twitter.com/garyfromteenmom/status/1082801268572151808

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

luxury handset posted:

good news regarding miyazaki's opinion on the anime industry in japan

I know that but i was more talking about him regarding harvey

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
https://twitter.com/Rossmac212/status/1082784371881492480?s=19

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

coat guard is too busy saving people to fit in with everyone else so i can see why they're snubbed

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Blast of Confetti posted:

coat guard is too busy saving people to fit in with everyone else so i can see why they're snubbed

also they and the national guard are literally the only branches of the armed forces that actually "protect are freedoms" instead of starting wars in countries on the other side of the world. the other forces mock them because they never get to shoot at anyone lol america is a fascist shithole

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

lol, pretty much.

hackbunny posted:

also they and the national guard are literally the only branches of the armed forces that actually "protect are freedoms" instead of starting wars in countries on the other side of the world

Who the gently caress do you think does most of the fighting overseas?

(it's the reserves/national guard)

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

spacetoaster posted:

lol, pretty much.

Yeah, we use the National Guard and reserves as a backdoor draft.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Glad they finally realized they were perfect for each other :blessed:

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

:kimchi:

Big Centipede
Mar 20, 2009

it tingles
It's time we as a people stop pretending like chimpanzees aren't monsters

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Big Centipede posted:

Well they eventually evolved into humans, so in comparison they're pretty tame.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

They did? drat, don't tell the Christians.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

We’re apes.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

chimps and humans share a common ancestor, they didn't "evolve into humans" you loving retard

emptyspace
Oct 21, 2008

Big Centipede posted:

No poo poo. They're absolutely terrifying, and I don't know why anyone would want one as a pet. It's a 200lb animal with the intelligence of a 4 year old and the strength of 4 men. And when it gets pissed off, it rips off your face, hands and genitals, if it can get to them. That's definitely not something I want in my house.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

LordArgh posted:

chimps and humans share a common ancestor, they didn't "evolve into humans" you loving retard

Whoah, that's about a nine on the tension scale, eh Reub.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I wish we took more after our bonobo cousins and just hosed the problems away. History would be much more fun if instead of war we just had massive orgies.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

spacetoaster posted:

This is a "being a shooting victim doesn't make you an expert on gun control"-level argument. The gently caress do I know who? I thought the National Guard was strictly home front, sending them overseas makes about as much sense as sending elite USPS operators (not that I'd put that above you). You have five air forces, two armies, three navies and about a hundred intelligence agencies, forgive me for thinking you had enough manpower to defend your freedoms abroad without involving the reservists

emptyspace
Oct 21, 2008

JoelJoel posted:

I wish we took more after our bonobo cousins and just hosed the problems away. History would be much more fun if instead of war we just had massive orgies.

Be the change you want to see in the world.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

LordArgh posted:

Nah I took one of those tests where you mail them your jizz and they said that I'm like, 15% chimp.

emptyspace
Oct 21, 2008
What's the other 85%?

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

emptyspace posted:

What's the other 85%?

I've been frantically mailing my jizz to people in hopes that someone will tell me.

What's your address?

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I've been frantically mailing my jizz to people in hopes that someone will tell me.

What's your address?

That was you?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

What's your address?

I've found it helps if you mail a container rather than just using a paper envelope.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I've found it helps if you mail a container rather than just using a paper envelope.

Well at least he doesn't have to lick it to seal it.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

DandyLion posted:

Well at least he doesn't have to lick it to seal it.

He just did it for fun.

naem
May 29, 2011

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

images all mangled & cut up in the preview screenshot. here's the tweet so you can see whats up

https://twitter.com/ExtendoBans/status/1083067462084710400