Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Larryb posted:

Was Baron Omatsuri made by a different team? It seems to have a drastically different animation style compared to everything else in the series (still really good though).

It was animated by Toei but it was directed by the guy who did Wolf Children.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Khasim
Dec 20, 2009

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Makes sense that a character in One Piece who's set up to be deadly serious with a design that looks more out of Berserk would turn out to be goofier than he first seems, but the way they pulled it off was something special. Especially with how it ties into everything about Big Mom's hosed up family.
There was a post a while back reading “Katakuri’s design looks like it was from the manga Trafalgar Law thought he was in before he met the Strawhats” which sums it up perfectly.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I love the little intro scenes in Strong World and Film Gold that show you who all the Strawhats are. I havent seen Z yet but I hope it has one of those.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Snazzy Frocks posted:

he gets mad about being forced to eat non-meats

he gobbles down pudding's house without a second thought

the boy just has his priorities in order

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Apparently Law got a lot more focus because of his popularity, though I kinda figured from the start he'd end up being important later. Especially given the triple team-up with Kidd and Luffy, and his particularly unique power and the focus it got. (though I also get the impression Kidd might have been planned to be important but ended up on the backburner because of Law's popularity and is only coming up now) The three kinda seem evocative of Luffy with Sabo and Ace; goofy Luffy contrasted with a serious, more sensible guy and a more aggressive and assertive guy.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Oxxidation posted:

he gobbles down pudding's house without a second thought

the boy just has his priorities in order

He's got that important shonen hero trait where while he has his favourites, he'll eat pretty much anything. I think meat just fills him up better.

I presume this also holds true for Zoro who will drink anything.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Larryb posted:

Was Baron Omatsuri made by a different team? It seems to have a drastically different animation style compared to everything else in the series (still really good though).

That's Mamoru Hosoda's style in action. The whole movie is very Hosoda. His style is absolutely beautiful and greatly helps the movie.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Snazzy Frocks posted:

he gets mad about being forced to eat non-meats

Luffy got mad about the Greggs vegan sausage roll

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I think meat just fills him up better.

I think meat just gives him actual regeneration, os he requests it specifically when he needs to recover from a tough fight

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Meat restores body, milk restores bone

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Waffleman_ posted:

So help me God, if you ever equate Luffy and Piers Morgan I will fight you.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Meat restores body, milk restores bone

sick necromancy spell

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Waffleman_ posted:

Who can blame him?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
chappy? chapty chapper? chap plz.......gib chapeter

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

scary ghost dog posted:

same

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

scary ghost dog posted:

All I heard was this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaljftPbxDA

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
I think I read that since last week's Jump was a double issue, we won't be getting scans until next week.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

scary ghost dog posted:

yep, plsease, chupt

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Havoc904 posted:

I think I read that since last week's Jump was a double issue, we won't be getting scans until next week.

nooooo mah chapter

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, Shonen Jump doesn't have it until the 21st.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

You people lack discipline. Try being a fan of Venture Bros. Or Steven Universe.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Christing gently caress I need some One Piece

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

You people lack discipline. Try being a fan of Venture Bros. Or Steven Universe.

hxh has been going on hiatus for longer than either of those have been shows

Minion of Freya
Jan 2, 2017

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I've vastly improved by life by using Red Death as my role model. "I'm jealous you're not embarrassed to be dressed like Batman in public" was delivered at a commercial cut when it was really an emotional climax.

I've been bored to death with all this setup. I know it's necessary but so little is happening and so many characters are being introduced I'll have to consult the wiki every panel when things actually start happening again. It would be even worse if I didn't have to, if all this was setup for for a fast burn where only the core characters matter then it'll absolutely suck. I just hate having to live through it. Red Death would get off on the anticipation.

HxH wad well written scenarios but the protagonist was awful.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Sub Harrison posted:

Christing gently caress I need some One Piece

I'm dying for a new chapter. I need a hit.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Minion of Freya posted:

disagree on both points

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Minion of Freya posted:

False, the scenarios and the protagonist are both awful.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014

TheLoneStar posted:

False, the scenarios and the protagonist are both awful.

this is worse than when you tried justifying spoilers

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

drjuggalo posted:

this is worse than when you tried justifying spoilers
Thankfully not as bad as needlessly digging up drama from three months ago.

Minion of Freya
Jan 2, 2017
Can we at least agree that Gon was baby dumpster trash who smiled at everything literally the same way puppy would?

And that also if there was a shonen with better scenario based writing than HxH and MHA you would all be telling me publicly? Because I don't have time to research this poo poo between my busy office job and creating openly BDSM and vaguely Marvel comics based snuff scenarios.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014

TheLoneStar posted:

Thankfully not as bad as needlessly digging up drama from three months ago.

never need to dig up anything that stays fresh in my head all the time, its all i even think about especially with no new chapters coming out

Minion of Freya posted:

Can we at least agree that Gon was baby dumpster trash who smiled at everything literally the same way puppy would?

And that also if there was a shonen with better scenario based writing than HxH and MHA you would all be telling me publicly? Because I don't have time to research this poo poo between my busy office job and creating openly BDSM and vaguely Marvel comics based snuff scenarios.

one pie- oh wait

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Minion of Freya posted:

Fullmetal Alchemist.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Minion of Freya posted:

I don't think we read the same manga. Because this is incredibly wrong

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

lets pretend this page didnt happen

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Kild posted:

lets pretend this page didnt happen
I'm gonna transport us all twenty pages into the future and pray future posters can save this ruined thread.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I'm gonna transport us all twenty pages into the future and pray future posters can save this ruined thread.

turns out 20 pages from now is another hiatus

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Take us 20 years into the future for the combined One Piece, Steven Universe and Venture Bros grand finale.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
This is interesting https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2019-01-10/one-piece-creator-the-end-is-near-but-series-will-be-just-over-100-volumes/.141858

But don't put too much stock into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Take us 20 years into the future for the combined One Piece, Steven Universe and Venture Bros grand finale.

Only 20 years?