Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Reynold posted:

Pickles on pizza is the new hotness around here. I'm game.

Here in New Zealand we've got a bunch of competing pizza places; the best chain is called Hell's and their best pizza is made with bread-and-butter pickles, chicken, ham, and honey mustard. It is startlingly good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I had a pizza in Prague that had a mustard sauce instead of tomato, and it was amazing. A bit disconcertingly yellow, though.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Somfin posted:

Here in New Zealand we've got a bunch of competing pizza places; the best chain is called Hell's and their best pizza is made with bread-and-butter pickles, chicken, ham, and honey mustard. It is startlingly good.

No gonna lie that sounds legit.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

And if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier...
Certainly that should go in a twinkie and not a plain standard hot dog bun.

Popeahuntis
Apr 10, 2009

Spectral Werewolf posted:

Certainly that should go in a twinkie and not a plain standard hot dog bun.

It’s in a brioche bun. The bun that keeps you guessing

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Somfin posted:

Cucumbers suck and pickled ones doubly as much.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
edit: wrong thread

Randaconda has a new favorite as of 12:09 on Jan 11, 2019

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Captain Splendid posted:

Immediately knew where this was going...
So did I. I mean, in what other context would one mention gavelkind in here?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Aston posted:

I had a pizza in Prague that had a mustard sauce instead of tomato, and it was amazing. A bit disconcertingly yellow, though.

A local joint near me serves what they call Bavarian pizza, which is basically Bavarian sausage with mustard, cheese, and onions. One of the best sandwiches out there, in my opinion.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

frogge posted:

Pineapple, pepperoni, and jalapeno is galaxy tier brain 'za.

Thou art my dude

I'll also speak up for anchovies and pineapple.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Pastry of the Year posted:

I'll also speak up for anchovies and pineapple.
Had this the other day and it was really good.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
This food derail is so bad I almost miss randacondas posts

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Montalvo posted:

This food derail is so bad I almost miss randacondas posts

one of my posts caused it :ohdear:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Randaconda posted:

one of my posts caused it :ohdear:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:3:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
the only thing you need on pizza is a few different kinds of cheese and pepperoni, goddammit.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Karate Bastard posted:

Does it Sodastream?

I was wondering the other day, is there a sodastream version of beer?

You buy your little bottle of flavoured alcohol, put it in the machine and get bubbly beer out the other end.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Megillah Gorilla posted:

You buy your little bottle of flavoured alcohol, put it in the machine and get bubbly beer out the other end.

Sodastream had a beer maker but I don't think it ever actually made it to the US market.

https://www.sodastream.de/news-posts/o%EA%9E%8Czapft-is-bei-sodastream-mit-blondie-das-oktoberfest-zuhause-feiern/

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador
Pineapple and mushrooms is the one true pizza topping combo.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Who What Now posted:

I drink lots of root beer (it's caffine-free) and smoked lots of menthol and chew wintergreen gum and you are absolutely full of horseshit.

They could've been originally talking about Birch Beer, you could be forgiven for getting a menthol-y taste association from those.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

This comic is really overestimating how many people outside of Canada have heard of poutine

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Well sure? You just put alcohol in one of them little flasks and then you press to carbonate it.

Trick is to quick as gently caress remove the bottle and cap it, or you have your very own red wine geyser in the kitchen.

Or you can go slowly and carefully let the pressure out over a few minutes until it no longer wants to explode on you, but I'd rather you try the other method first, and post a video report.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Je me souviens... :quebec:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Quebec is its own country? :stare: I thought it was a city in canada or something

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zzulu posted:

Quebec is its own country? :stare: I thought it was a city in canada or something

It's a province in Canada, not unlike a state in the US.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Zzulu posted:

It's a province but because they veeery nearly voted yes to independence (twice), they're sometimes referred to as "a nation within a unified Canada" to appease them somewhat. But they're not independent.

So, Wales, basically.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Also it's a province in Canada that twice has had referendums on whether to separate from the rest of the country

For a lot of reasons, a lot of Québécois really don't care for us (and the feeling is often reciprocal)

But it's news to me that any Canadian has ever reacted to the idea of poutine with that level of disgust; mostly it's either "oh my God that sounds delicious" or at worst "this will definitely give me a heart attack"

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
Putting clam juice in a Bloody Mary, though... What the gently caress, Canada?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

Captain Splendid posted:

Putting clam juice in a Bloody Mary, though... What the gently caress, Canada?

A bloody mary is just a caesar for babies

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
we also put pineapple on a pizza and california in a roll. ooooooh caaaanaaadaaaaaaaaa

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.

Somfin posted:

Behold, the GP. A local pizza place, Jockamos, makes this pizza with Thai peanut sauce, italian beef, fresh jalapeño, diced pickle, cheddar and bacon.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

No pineapple on pizza, only Khev Kelash.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

Megillah Gorilla posted:

There are a few variations of that product, some that are like homebrew kits that will eventually produce beer after ferment and some that are just little beer dispensers but yeah they all suck

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

Blood Sally posted:

we also put pineapple on a pizza and california in a roll. ooooooh caaaanaaadaaaaaaaaa

I turned my kid into a Hawaiian pizza fan who asks for it everytime we order and my wife is livid and powerless to stop it. It's really satisfying and I take full responsibility. I programmed him.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Zzulu posted:

it is a city

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quebec_City