Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Fischer Price IS a style an I like it. It's shiny colorful plastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I used to dislike it a lot actually, but having played through all of NSMBWii recently, the game is so fun and your movements are so fluent that it just kind of doesn't bother me anymore; I associate it with drat good platforming.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
This looks cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNf4RtUsWtk

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

hack the planet tiddies

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

What's the elevator pitch for Dragons Dogma? I'd it basically Skyrim x Monster Hunter?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

What's the elevator pitch for Dragons Dogma? I'd it basically Skyrim x Monster Hunter?

More like open world fantasy devil may cry

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Devil May Cry is like Bayonetta but with a dude instead of a chick right

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Devil May Cry is like Bayonetta but with a dude instead of a chick right

More like resident evil with swords and combos

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

MMF Freeway posted:

More like resident evil with swords and combos

Ehh, the first one maybe. You're describing Onimusha at that point. DMC is much more of an action game.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Put Twintelle in Smash.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

with a little bit of The Sims

Hi. Im Leeroy
Oct 8, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Put Twintelle in Smash.

Pretty sure she is a spirit.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Over There posted:

with a little bit of The Sims

Go on

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

You get to create your own sidekick then push it out into the universe for others to play with and then you get to download other peoples sidekicks to play with as well.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The pitch is "hey, see that big rear end cyclops over there? Do a flip and stab him in the loving eye."

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Detective No. 27 posted:

The pitch is "hey, see that big rear end cyclops over there? Do a flip and stab him in the loving eye."

So Tony Hawk monster hunter?

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I remember getting NSMB with the Wii U at launch and being so disappointed at how boring, easy and pointless it was

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Alan_Shore posted:

I remember getting NSMB with the Wii U at launch and being so disappointed at how boring, easy and pointless it was

soulless

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

So Tony Hawk monster hunter?

You know, it just dawned on me that Platinum Style character action games are Tony Hawk games but your skateboard is a usually a sword.

Not to say that Dragon's Dogma is Bayonetta. It isn't. But the combat was definitely more hack and slash button pressy than Dark Souls's more deliberate combat.

I haven't played Dragon's Dogma since it came out and I didn't get too far. I'm looking forward to fixing that in April.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Pawns will learn as they fight more enemies and complete quests that if you borrow someone else's or share your own, players can get more information on how to accomplish things. Its pretty neat.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
I got NSMBU mostly to play with my girlfriend, so doesn't like 3D games but we play Mario 3 together all the time. This looks to be similar and the co-op stuff is perfect.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I got nsmbu pretty much because of Ceave, doing various challenges in Mario games is a lot of fun and ice been doing them over the last couple months.

Coinless SMB3 is a very challenging and fun run, highly recommend it especially with save states

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Is the co-op brutal on the person who's good at the game if the other person is terrible at it? Because my young son and I couldn't do Tropical Freeze because of the shared pool of lives.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

When do the double gold points for preordering usually come through? Because I got 300 at the time of purchase but I have yet to get any more since the game released.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I got my double points for Mario Party like a week after release?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Imagined posted:

Is the co-op brutal on the person who's good at the game if the other person is terrible at it? Because my young son and I couldn't do Tropical Freeze because of the shared pool of lives.

Lives aren't shared in this.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

JBP posted:

I really enjoyed botw but the castle was a disappointment. I annihilated everything in my path easily and ganon was a pushover. Wish I'd bought the DLC and played on master mode. Can't really be hosed making a new game...

I'm pretty sure you can have a master mode game alongside your normal one, it doesnt overwrite it

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
The castle was cool

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
By the time you make it to Ganon's Castle Master Mode is indistinguishable from normal in terms of difficulty.

Over There posted:

The castle was cool

It really is. For my second playthrough I really dug into the Castle and tried to explore as much as possible and there's just a hell of a lot to it. It's a really well-realized setting.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Is Master Mode worth it or is it a giant slog?

I want to get lost in that world again...I'm debating if another vanilla playthrough is the ticket or if master mode will spice things up even more. I heard a cool suggestion online: beeline to Tarrytown from the get-go and complete all the quests there first/use it as your main hub.

It sounds like a fun way to mix things up, as I found Tarrytown very late into my first playthrough.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Master Mode is terrible.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

KingSlime posted:

I want to get lost in that world again...I'm debating if another vanilla playthrough is the ticket or if master mode will spice things up even more. I heard a cool suggestion online: beeline to Tarrytown from the get-go and complete all the quests there first/use it as your main hub.

It sounds like a fun way to mix things up, as I found Tarrytown very late into my first playthrough.

It's kind of cool at first. Mostly enemies just have a ton of hp and do a ton of damage compared to standard mode so you need to be more creative when taking camps and the like. For example, I was trying to take one of those skull bokoblin camps but if I took them head-first they would wipe me every time. So I would stealthily climb to the top of the skull then jump off and fire a ton of bomb arrows into the entrance to soften them up as much as possible.

Still, the game just isn't designed around consistent challenge, and Master Mode throws gear at you much faster than standard so the difficulty curve ends up not being all that much different once you make it to the mid-game. I found it to be a nice excuse to replay a great game though.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

American McGay posted:

Master Mode is terrible.

this

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

KingSlime posted:

If you love the gameplay (read: weapon durability) you will absolutely enjoy Master Mode. Monsters are generally bumped a tier across the board AND they have regenerating health. The plateau / early game is a wonderful survival experience where you scrounge to find poo poo to stay alive AND enough weapons to kill / clear the enemies. Letting an enemy Regen is a punishing mistake so you need to be both more aggressive and smart with using the powers whenever possible to do enough damage. It really forces you to play the game with all available tools at all times instead of just walking things with a sword and not having to do anything else.

Once you clear the plateau the knowledge of the world balances the additional difficulty. If you remember where the good weapons are (in addition to the new loot platforms master mode adds) you’ll have no problem having a good stock of weapons and after that’s it’s the same game, just with more challenging combat.

The master sword challenges however are loving BRUTAL in master mode. You need to have perfect knowledge of like the first 8 floors and not waste resources at all because there’s one floor in particular that’s by far the hardest thing in the game. The remaining 2 challenge dungeons are way easier than the first since you have more gear.

I did a full clear in Master Mode and it was really, really, fun.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I like master mode since it extends the time it takes to get overpowered and it makes the early game more interesting since you want to avoid fighting whenever you can which leads to thinking about your approach more. I can see why people feel like its tedious though

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

You only get overpowered if you want to though. I never cash in my orbs and the difficulty is perfect, though the master sword shrine is almost impossible on 3 hearts.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

If you love the gameplay (read: weapon durability) you will absolutely enjoy Master Mode. Monsters are generally bumped a tier across the board AND they have regenerating health.

I like the gameplay and think Master mode is a piece of poo poo

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Also that dope looking Kickstarter dock is shipping this week, will put up impressions when it gets here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Into the Breach is so good. I still only have the starting mechs and Blitzkrieg. A few days ago I thought I could unlock a new crew but I didn't have enough coins (which accrue from achievements). I was really annoyed because I wasn't enjoying Blitzkrieg. But now they've clicked and holy moly. There are so many fun things to do with their hooks and boulders and chain lightening. They really clicked once I figured out lightning chains through your launched boulders. I corraled two groups of enemies, dropped a boulder on top of an emerging tile that connected the two groups, and finally zapped them all with lightning and cleared the entire map.

I don't know if I've ever played a game with so many fun systems to cleverly combine to pull off ridiculous strats. This game + the Switch is everything I ever wanted from gaming.