Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

loquacius posted:

Is there some reason you can't masturbate yourself like everyone else because if so I didn't see it

Not seeing it is probably the problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leviathan Song
Sep 8, 2010
I don't see why 400 pound guy is bed ridden anyway. That's not can't get to the toilet heavy. I was 380 in high school and regularly went on 3 mile runs. I knew a guy in college who was close to 500 and still walked around on his own. You need to be more in 600 pound territory to be even close to bed ridden due to weight. Even a completely sedentary person would need to consume over 6000 calories a day to maintain a bed ridden weight so yeah eat less. Get off your lazy rear end.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I want to believe, but claiming credit for a Reddit Confession is like the laziest fakeposting.

If you're real, housebound goon, altering your diet should be functionally easy if emotionally difficult. Ask your provider/girlfriend to rid the house of your poo poo food, give her your debit card, and charge headlong into a reduced but healthy diet. By the time your sufficiently ambulatory to do anything about it you'll be acclimated to the new diet.

It will suck but it's not detox level bad.

Edit: Confessor said he gained 300 lbs and his girlfriend was just estimating. Assuming he was around average before he could easily be pushing 5 bills.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Jan 10, 2019

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
I just love the cross thread synergy!!

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
Imagine reading through the r/relationships thread to laugh at people, and you see your own life :smithicide:

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Fatgoon: eat a bunch of salad every day. You don't have to eat nothing but salad, but eat a lot of it. You'll poo poo pretty good. taking a good dump always cheers me up.

Also, if you really want that roomba to work good, you have to pick up a lot of stuff off the ground. I have to pick up all my chairs, and some floor mats and stuff. Get them shits off the ground.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Assuming this is real, if you need help to fuckin roll your fat rear end over, you ain't takin care of anyone when they're sick and/or tired.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
I feel like it'd be really hard to gain 300 pounds from a "temporary injury". Most of the people on those TV shows have been working at their weight gain for years and years, and there are a lot of signs before you get to the point where you're completely bedridden and unable to care for yourself.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Yeah I didn't want to say anything about it at the time since it's boring when this keeps coming up, but since it's based on a recent post from a thread that has a lot of overlap with this one and has several improbable or straightup unbelievable elements in it I'm thinking troll here

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I know it's a troll, but...

Being a caretaker for someone is loving exhausting. It's hosed up to depend on your girlfriend for poo poo like that. Like, really imagine being responsible for someone. As in, they end up with bedsores without your help. They live in squalor without your help. They will sit in dirty diapers and get rashes without your help. They could straight up diewithout your help. Can you imagine how stressful that is for the average person, with no medical experience, to have to deal with 24 hours a day every day? ESPECIALLY when the person you care for has options for treatment, but refuses to pursue them? Or actively makes it worse by continuing to do things that hurt their health?* And yet, you act as if it's unfair to you because now you have to pay for the services she was providing you for nothing in return. Seriously, the best you can do is say you "support" her while she's sick or tired (which I would guess is all the time). How do you "support her" exactly?

I gained a bunch of weight due to overeating when my father died, and medication changes. Because of physical disability, I suddenly found myself at a weight where I couldn't exercise due to pain. So I got a gastric bypass, and made actual, meaningful changes to my diet that I kept up with afterwards. I weight around 265 at my highest, and have lost about 120 pounds. It's a life changing surgery that requires hard work and dedication, and has some chances for some really bad complications. I'm lucky that the worst I have is an ulcer and worse hypoglycemia. But if you're bed bound, the chances of it being worse for you than that is pretty slim. And if you're on government assistance, you should have it covered by medicaid or whatever insurance you have. I was on medicaid managed care and it didn't cost me a cent.

*Yes, I have dealt with this, and yes, I am bitter

Edit: I was overweight when I started gaining by 30 to 40 pounds (I would fluctuate a bit). So I gained about 50-70 before realizing "Holy poo poo this is bad and I can't lose this easily like I used to because of the extra pain from all the weight, I need to do something". Certainly not 300 pounds. And if I couldn't get a gastric bypass, I would have done the same keto diet they have patients go on before the surgery and stayed on it until I lost enough to at least exercise regularly again. Because more weight equals more pain if nothing else. Also, it's been 5 years, I'm in more pain than ever, and still haven't regained. While gaining weight because of an injury or disability happens, gaining 300 pounds is ridiculous to blame on anything but yourself.

Araenna fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jan 10, 2019

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
Espen and Euterpe are not what I would call good names, but leaning on the "THINK OF THE CRUEL CHILDREN BULLYING" post is really out-of-date.

Espen and Euterpe are going to grow up and go to school with countless Bryndynns, Kloeys, Arraiols, [phoneme]aydens, Mekenzies, and so on. Espen will barely be a blip on the radar.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
It’s true. I’ve had three kids start kindergarten over the years and the names get weirder every time. Neither of those would register, really.

I was having a talk with the mother of one of my youngest’s classmates (because my kid also has an unconventional name) and she mentioned her son. I was pretty sure she said his name was “Raven” and I was like “oh, that’s cool.” Then she was all “No, Draeyven” which she then spelled out for me.

burial fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jan 10, 2019

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

burial posted:

It’s true. I’ve had three kids start kindergarten over the years and the names get weirder every time. Neither of those would register, really.

I was having a talk with the mother of one of my youngest’s classmates (because my kid also has an unconventional name) and she mentioned her son. I was pretty sure she said his name was “Raven” and I was like “oh, that’s cool.” Then she was all “No, Draeyven” which she then spelled out for me.

The name Draeyven has long-standing historical significance in Dark Elf culture

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

burial posted:

Dræyven actually :smug:

burial
Sep 13, 2002

I don’t know what is wrong with my posting skills today. I had previously edited to say it might actually have been “Draevyn” based on this other kid’s name which is not the same kid.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

hope your last name starts with an a because being espen 2 would be embarrasing

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

burial posted:

I don’t know what is wrong with my posting skills today. I had previously edited to say it might actually have been “Draevyn” based on this other kid’s name which is not the same kid.

King Bhoomi

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

bhoomi is a loving great name

burial
Sep 13, 2002

sandoz posted:

bhoomi is a loving great name

I agree! Bhoomi is a little Indian(?) girl. She sits at my daughter’s table and is, by all accounts, very nice and friendly. :3:

I wasn’t actually counting that one as a weird name because I, maybe wrongly, assumed it wasn’t uncommon for her culture.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

burial posted:

I agree! Bhoomi is a little Indian(?) girl. She sits at my daughter’s table and is, by all accounts, very nice and friendly. :3:

I wasn’t actually counting that one as a weird name because I, maybe wrongly, assumed it wasn’t uncommon for her culture.

No, I don't think it is. I just can't not associate it with King Bumi

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

No commentary today, too tired

quote:

I found out recently that my brother is cheating on his 8 month pregnant wife with a college freshman half his age. She's a new hire in the company and my sister in law obtained some pretty incriminating texts, including nudes taken at work. She was naturally upset by this and has been pretty hysterical about the whole thing. So I did what any normal brother would do. I sent the pictures anonymously to his boss and the HR contact, informing them of what they have been doing at work. He got suspended and they are considering the same with her.

Everyone assumes it was her that did it, and I am not bothering to correct them. She probably knows it was me, but she isn't making a big thing about it because I think she likes the end result even if I don't have the balls to take the heat for it.

gently caress them both and I hope he is never allowed to see his son after it is born.

quote:

I realize this is much more E/N fare than anything, but I'm not at a point where I'm willing to publicly air my dirty laundry in front of goons. That poo poo doesn't go away, but so far the advice here has been very helpful and recent developments have me wanting to know what you guys think.

I'm the guy with the wife that I left and had met another woman who was unhappy in her marriage as well. We dated three months then broke up, which had me messed up for awhile.

Things have been good. I've been settled into my new apartment for a few months now. It's tiny, but it's home. Relations with my wife are cold, but stable, which is good because my son lives with her. I've spent a lot of time with him and he has adapted super-well to the situation.

I've had a couple short relationships since my last posting, both ended amicably and one still has a little remaining heat (the only reason we broke up was because she feared legal consequences of being with a technically still-married man, and in this country, the jilted spouse can sue).

I've more or less gotten completely over my ex. I still think of her often and I miss her, but the pain had finally faded. I had a tiny setback a few months ago when her Traveloka account was apparently still tied to my phone number (we traveled a bit and to cover her tracks, she put my number in the account) sent a notification to me about a hotel booking she had made for a single Saturday night. I emailed her about it and asked her to change it, she replied "Oh, sorry", and that was that.

Last night, 6 months after our last disastrous contact where I basically called her a cheating whore (very unfair of me, I know, I'm not proud of it), I was getting ready to go home from work when I got a WhatsApp voice call. I don't use WhatsApp, and I only ever used it to talk to her. I guess I forget to uninstall it, but I did recognize her phone number (I deleted it awhile ago, so her name didn't pop up, just the number).

I was surprised, so I answered. She simply said "Hi", and I answered, asking what was up. We made a little small talk and she asked me how my visa application was going. I told her it was still pending and asked about hers. She had already gotten a reply, apparently, and was rejected. Not too surprising, she's from Indonesia, and non-white foreign brides here are looked upon with hefty suspicion. She moved out of her husband's apartment and into one with a friend. I gather that this has all happened very, very recently.

She also told me she was now on a double-dose of anti-depressants. Not sure how it came up, but apparently some people have been judgmental about it, so I told her to ignore those people. She's getting help and if that's the help she needs, there's no shame in it.

I asked why she called me after so long and she said she was thinking about me the last few days and just wanted to know how I was doing. I told her everything I've been up to (played it all up a bit, to be honest), and that it was good to hear from her. I also told her that she could call me again if she needed to, which in retrospect maybe I shouldn't have done, but she didn't really respond to that.

Instead, she started a sentence, aborting in the middle of the first word, and hyper-casually blurted out, "Wait, are you seeing anybody?" It took me off guard so I answered honestly. I was, but at the moment, I'm not. She then quickly said "I am". I said, "You are what?", and she answered "I'm in a relationship".

I have to admit that I didn't need to hear that and it did hurt, but I did my best not to let on. I told her I needed to go. It's cold out and I don't want to be talking on the phone and freezing my fingers off. I told her to have a good night and we hung up.

I'm the type that is very prone to overanalyzing things, especially these things, and I don't know what to make of this. How likely is it she really was just wondering about how my visa application went? Why did she call me at all if she has already moved on to this new boyfriend? Am I supposed to do or say something here? I hate these kinds of games. I miss her, and I think she knows that I miss her, and this just seems cruel.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

loquacius posted:

No commentary today, too tired

quote:

gently caress them both and I hope he is never allowed to see his son after it is born. 

Jesus Christ, that's terrible what he's doing, but you'd do that to your own brother? Yikes.

quote:

I'm the type that is very prone to overanalyzing things, especially these things, and I don't know what to make of this. How likely is it she really was just wondering about how my visa application went? Why did she call me at all if she has already moved on to this new boyfriend? Am I supposed to do or say something here? I hate these kinds of games. I miss her, and I think she knows that I miss her, and this just seems cruel. 

I hate to step on anyone's else territory but you really should consider doing some radical self surgery in the nether regions

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

burial posted:

Bhoomi means land/the earth/the world depending on context

burial
Sep 13, 2002

tactlessbastard posted:

Jesus Christ, that's terrible what he's doing, but you'd do that to your own brother? Yikes.

Since the brother, at least given what we’re told, is a lovely person, it’s almost understandable... until you consider the fact that his soon-to-born kid and said kid’s mother are probably going to want/need him to be able to contribute financially if nothing else. That’ll be tougher if he can’t find another job.

Dodoman posted:

Bhoomi means land/the earth/the world depending on context

Nice! I meant to look it up yesterday, but I’d forgotten. Names are so cool.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

tactlessbastard posted:

You can't really choose your siblings. Sometimes they're unrepentant assholes.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

tactlessbastard posted:

The brother must look up to Newt "I left one of my wives while she had cancer to marry another woman" Gingrich.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ex-girlfriend goon:

She's feeling depressed and was calling to have some positive human contact. Don't read too much into it and keep moving on.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Brother goon. Marry your brothers sister. Raise the child as your own.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

LingcodKilla posted:

Brother goon. Marry your brothers sister. Raise the child as your own.

This ended badly in Deadwood.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

El_Elegante posted:

Who said the advice had to be good?

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Ex girlfriend goon i just want to echo the other good advice given in teh thread and suggest that you cut off your dick. It'll help you find yourself in this situation and help you move forward from your rocky past, move forward and move on from your past.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Ex-gf goon, forget her. She's an ex for a reason. Like someone said above, she's reaching out for positive contact.

The fact that she reached out to an ex rather than her current boyfriend should be a red flag, as well as being on a double dose of depression meds (I'm not saying there is anything wrong with taking antidepressants, just that she's probably not in the best headspace right now.)

It sounds like you're still hung up on her. You said you were doing ok before she called. Do you really want to start walking backwards on that? Because it doesn't sound like she's doing all that well and she's a lot more likely to drag you down than you are to help her up.

The Bible fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jan 12, 2019

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

SciFiDownBeat posted:

You can't really choose your siblings. Sometimes they're unrepentant assholes.

Yeah, sometimes you get one that will maliciously get you fired for justice? i guess. I mean, it's not going to undo the cheating.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

Did I misinterpret or am I really the only one that thinks depriving a cheated on (and hopefully soon-divorced) new mother of potential income is a bad call? She may need the alimony/child support, which she can’t get if he isn’t working or is working a shittier job.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

If he cheats while you are knocked up with your child he’s an utter piece of poo poo that will cheat on you for the rest of the relationship. Best to get over it quick than come down with some disease that your husband will swear you got from a toilet seat.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

burial posted:

Did I misinterpret or am I really the only one that thinks depriving a cheated on (and hopefully soon-divorced) new mother of potential income is a bad call? She may need the alimony/child support, which she can’t get if he isn’t working or is working a shittier job.

No, you weren't!

LingcodKilla posted:

If he cheats while you are knocked up with your child he’s an utter piece of poo poo that will cheat on you for the rest of the relationship. Best to get over it quick than come down with some disease that your husband will swear you got from a toilet seat.

Yeah, and hopefully he'll be in a position to make his child support payments!

burial
Sep 13, 2002

tactlessbastard posted:

No, you weren't!

Yeah, and hopefully he'll be in a position to make his child support payments!

Thank-you for, if only momentarily, making me feel slightly more rocker-adjacent.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

LingcodKilla posted:

Marry your brothers sister.
Counterpoint: Do not marry your sister.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

El_Elegante posted:

No it didn't. They're making a new movie!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

loquacius posted:

Is there some reason you can't masturbate yourself like everyone else because if so I didn't see it

i've been laid up for like a week because i hosed my ankle up and i think if anything i lost weight. maybe gf leaving will mean one less person enabling him to eat himself to death