Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Then fill it up with chuds and pave over it, never to be spoken of again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/notjessewalker/status/1083736624092139520?s=19

nice dude

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Torrannor posted:

I wonder if all those people clamoring for a wall ever looked to our side of the pond. From 2000 to 2017, 33.000 people drowned in the Mediterranean Sea trying to get to Europe. 33k! In less than 20 years! And that's only those we know about, the real number is likely quite a bit higher. A wall or barrier that can be crossed with relatively little effort compared to crossing the Mediterranean Sea will ultimately not deter all who try to get a better life in the US. Especially not if climate change really starts to kick in and devastates the poorer countries in America.

Finally, the logically sound argument to defeat the CHUD menace.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/NiallStanage/st...ingawful.com%2F

:thunk:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Florida and colorado do too, at least for 420 mile markers. I think most states that actually have highways longer than 420 miles have to tackle the problem sooner or later.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
We need a good buffer and I recommend starting from the Red River going south. Wall it off

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
https://twitter.com/attackerman/status/1083737159239110657?s=19

Lol

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Meanwhile in Michigan, an entire I-69 with signs.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1083759782098583553?s=19

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
Some lady was on the radio, talking about what federal workers are working without pay. Lol she named like ten kinds of cop, so I think I've changed my mind about the shutdown it's actually good

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Motherfucker saw it coming

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DownByTheWooter posted:

Some lady was on the radio, talking about what federal workers are working without pay. Lol she named like ten kinds of cop, so I think I've changed my mind about the shutdown it's actually good

One of those groups of cops keeps backwoods retards from tearing down ancient trees to go loving 4-wheeling in a national park, so I'd kinda like it to end.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

EBB posted:

Motherfucker saw it coming

At risk of sounding like a dirty centrist; it’s the admin telling people Mattis said it, just like previous Presidents wish they would have built a wall. Mattis isn’t perfect but I don’t think he was a full on chud like Kelly was/is.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

At risk of sounding like a dirty centrist; it’s the admin telling people Mattis said it, just like previous Presidents wish they would have built a wall. Mattis isn’t perfect but I don’t think he was a full on chud like Kelly was/is.

Yeah I think it's them trying to push the blame on someone else, just like they do for everything. Mattis was pissed about mobilizing the troops to the border for political purposes, so it doesn't make sense that he'd be down with using USACE to build the wall.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Meanwhile in Michigan, an entire I-69 with signs.

No one wants anything from michigan unless it has four wheel drive.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1083759782098583553?s=20

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

psydude posted:

Yeah I think it's them trying to push the blame on someone else, just like they do for everything. Mattis was pissed about mobilizing the troops to the border for political purposes, so it doesn't make sense that he'd be down with using USACE to build the wall.

Not to sound like I'm in denial but Mattis probably said something like "I won't have them do it unless it's a state of emergency"

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Lol believing anything this administration says at first look.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Really funny how for two years nothing happened on the wall with a unified government, then the week the opposition party takes over suddenly we have a government shut down and a potential state of emergency.

Yup, really funny how that works.

Reeeeeeeeal funny.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/RiverClegg/status/1083061045420281856

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

bird food bathtub posted:

Really funny how for two years nothing happened on the wall with a unified government, then the week the opposition party takes over suddenly we have a government shut down and a potential state of emergency.

Yup, really funny how that works.

Reeeeeeeeal funny.

Also now is the time to slash entitlements

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment

lol

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

I've seen like 20 variations on this joke so far

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Slim Pickens posted:

One of those groups of cops keeps backwoods retards from tearing down ancient trees to go loving 4-wheeling in a national park, so I'd kinda like it to end.

I was joking really but my favorite cop thing I've ever seen was definitely when a ranger patrolling our campground at Yellowstone stopped and knocked on door of the rv in the next site and told them quite sternly to "turn off the generator, it's quiet hours... No. Turn it off, now or I will turn it off."

that's public service, boys

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Park rangers are the best cops because they did not become Park rangers to be cops and they act really embarrassed about their cop functions.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Best Friends posted:

Park rangers are the best cops because they did not become Park rangers to be cops and they act really embarrassed about their cop functions.

I wanted that job when I was a kid, getting paid to walk around forests all day would be awesome.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Best Friends posted:

And often cop rangers who go too hard cop-mode answer to a park superintendent who is not a cop and thus reign in their dumbest tendencies, such as ticketing everyone with expired car tags or pot smokers instead of crushing people who poach, vandalize, etc.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Best Friends posted:

STOP loving WITH THE ENDANGERED WILDLIFE sounds cool/good, but rolling into a poachers’ camp with little backup sounds like a tough sell. They’ve got their own special agents too, akin to the FBI but there’s only like 30 of them total. The Investigative Services Branch of NPS sounds like they do a ton of “did this person fall off the cliff, or were they pushed off? 🤔” kind of work.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Hexyflexy posted:

I wanted that job when I was a kid, getting paid to walk around forests all day would be awesome.

My wife had that job for a while. Starting pay is not great, but ramped up rapidly with a promotion or two working state parks in a not-broke state. Federal system is way more full with weirdos happy to work for nearly nothing and to get transferred across state lines regularly. That works better for trust fund granola types.

She deliberately turned down the offer of LEO track. There was a cop who lived on site and the idea of writing people up for expired tags and pot was the worst to her.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Icon Of Sin posted:

STOP loving WITH THE ENDANGERED WILDLIFE sounds cool/good, but rolling into a poachers’ camp with little backup sounds like a tough sell. They’ve got their own special agents too, akin to the FBI but there’s only like 30 of them total. The Investigative Services Branch of NPS sounds like they do a ton of “did this person fall off the cliff, or were they pushed off? 🤔” kind of work.

I personally feel more inclined to protecting animals and wildlife (park ranger) than protecting humans (normal cop)

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Nice and hot piss posted:

I personally feel more inclined to protecting animals and wildlife (park ranger) than protecting humans (normal cop)

:same:

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Solid chance this was Marines from 29 Palms, too

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Eugene V. Dubstep posted:

I've seen like 20 variations on this joke so far

GEE THANKS FOR INFORMING ME HOW HELPFUL

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

mlmp08 posted:

She deliberately turned down the offer of LEO track. There was a cop who lived on site and the idea of writing people up for expired tags and pot was the worst to her.

She could've been a cool tree cop, let stoners off with warnings, but slap illegal camp fire assholes with fines, arrest poachers, check fishing permits, etc. People do plenty of wrong poo poo in the parks, overlook the stupid poo poo and bust the real troublemakers.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Nice and hot piss posted:

Yeah this honestly sounds awesome and I'd move across the US to do it.

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
I always got "forest ranger" on those elementary school career quizzes. If I was able to work without worrying about cost of living or what I was paid, I'd 100% be in the woods as a guide or ranger. I've done a little industrial rope access and I'd jump at the chance to do something like YOSAR if I wasn't worried about money.

egyptian rat race fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Jan 11, 2019

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
I think this thread had it before, but If you havent seen it; The Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) Basic School for Uniformed Officers video.

Intresting bits start around 1:15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJG66CoOLwc

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

She could've been a cool tree cop, let stoners off with warnings, but slap illegal camp fire assholes with fines, arrest poachers, check fishing permits, etc. People do plenty of wrong poo poo in the parks, overlook the stupid poo poo and bust the real troublemakers.

Or she could have just not been a cop, because she did not want to be a cop. Also the cop culture was pretty gross, and it wasn't until the superintendents crushed them that they even remotely stopped being a boys' club full of cops mostly trying to just gently caress with pot users, hit on female co-workers, and drunk driving their state-government cars off the road.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Erghh posted:

I think this thread had it before, but If you havent seen it; The Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) Basic School for Uniformed Officers video.

Intresting bits start around 1:15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJG66CoOLwc

That actually looks like a ton of fun....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yeah, that looks a million times cooler than the army