Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I feel like watching the Neverending Story for some reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ehud posted:

I feel like watching the Neverending Story for some reason

I liked that dude who rode the fast snail as a kid.

also jesus christ Games chat.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Being horney at video games......smdh

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
most gamers are subhuman

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Kalli posted:

I liked that dude who rode the fast snail as a kid.

also jesus christ Games chat.

my favorite character was always the rockbiter

this scene still makes me sad :smith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj-OpTHixpU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

seiferguy posted:

I still remember when a guy posted a penis cumming in a GDT without spoilering or tagging it NWS and got probed for it.

I remember this. For context it was spammed by some guy a moment after Favre threw the interception against the Saints in the 2010 NFCCG when the thread exploded.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

hahahaha i was thinking about the scene where Bastian takes a bite of his sandwich and then saves the rest for later

and somehow I went down a rabbit hole of movie sandwiches and came across this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlW_qYXpHLE

i love the internet

Nov 6, 2002

That mostly made me hungry and reminded me how hot Meg Ryan used to be.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ehud posted:

i love the internet

Oh poo poo Dave, I haven't thought about that movie in forever.... It was something about a normal dude who ends up the president because the president strokes out and he's a good guy because he wants to setup a jobs program?

Also is that montage missing the weird girl's sandwich from the Breakfast club? And the weiner sandwich from UHF... Sure they aren't "greatest" sandwiches, but at least they aren't soaked in pee.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

That mostly made me hungry and reminded me how hot Meg Ryan used to be.

My man.

Young Meg Ryan was amazingly hot.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/Skyear_/status/1083164650953457666
:stonklol:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Neverending Story was on in a brewery I was at last week. We were sitting outside so I only saw the Rock Eater scene while waiting for the bathroom. I am thinking I should give it a rewatch.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

There was that show that had people who were addicted to weird stuff and one lady would use her piss for everything

she'd drink it, rub it on her skin, etc.

people believe the weirdest stuff

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
you ever have one of those weird things as a kid where you had easier access to a sequel than the original and so you have fonder memories of the lovely sequel than the good original

I have that for Ghostbusters 2, Never-Ending Story 2, and TMNT 2

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

swickles posted:

Neverending Story was on in a brewery I was at last week. We were sitting outside so I only saw the Rock Eater scene while waiting for the bathroom. I am thinking I should give it a rewatch.

It has a ton of fun practical creature stuff and makeup.

Those were the days :sigh:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

My mom was more comfortable with me watching Terminator 2 because it didn’t have a sex scene.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

you ever have one of those weird things as a kid where you had easier access to a sequel than the original and so you have fonder memories of the lovely sequel than the good original

I had that with Ghostbusters 2 but then I was like 18 and I rewatched both and GB1 is so, so much better.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Ehud posted:

I had that with Ghostbusters 2 but then I was like 18 and I rewatched both and GB1 is so, so much better.

yeah, GB2 dominated cable and they never showed GB1

I think I saw it the whole way through the first time when I was like 16

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I've never seen Neverending Story.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Yeah, I think that's the answer. You'd always see the sequels on TV, but the actually good movie wouldn't be, so as a kid, you like the garbage you got to see.

Never Ending Story 2 was so loving bad though, even as a kid. Holy poo poo that blue bird rear end in a top hat.

C-Euro posted:

It's pretty good, and pretty freaky for a kids movie. Plus as a Lions fan you can go ahead and post any Swamp of Sadness memes you want.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

My mom was more comfortable with me watching Terminator 2 because it didn’t have a sex scene.

Terminator 2 is also a way better movie.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Just posting these here now in case the Colts get blown out tomorrow:

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

probably blues brothers

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Kalli posted:

Yeah, I think that's the answer. You'd always see the sequels on TV, but the actually good movie wouldn't be, so as a kid, you like the garbage you got to see.

Never Ending Story 2 was so loving bad though, even as a kid. Holy poo poo that blue bird rear end in a top hat.

I remember as a kid thinking 2 was better because the kid doesn't even go to the magical world until the end in 1 and I thought that was bullshit

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Extremely same. Not sure why 2 was on TV so much, but it was always on.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

rip jonathan brandis

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

rip jonathan brandis

he snuck into a girls lockerroom and into our hearts

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

FizFashizzle posted:

rip jonathan brandis

I didnt know that was the kids name and for some reason I thought this was the lead singer of Korn (and proprietor of Korn Koffee)

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

C-Euro posted:

Only time I ever watched it was when a friend made a drinking game out of it. Only rule I remember was taking a shot whenever the kid screamed ATREAUUUUU.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I have never seen the Neverending Story except for that one scene. But from what I know about horses, that they’re incredibly clumsy dumbasses who will break their own legs if you look at them wrong, that horse probably had it coming.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I have never seen the Neverending Story except for that one scene. But from what I know about horses, that they’re incredibly clumsy dumbasses who will break their own legs if you look at them wrong, that horse probably had it coming.

not even joking it happened because the horse discovered nihilism in the previous scene

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

FizFashizzle posted:

rip jonathan brandis
I really liked Sidekicks as a kid

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Reminds me of that baseball player who wouldn't wear batting gloves and would instead pee on his hands. Moises Alou I think?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Neil Armbong posted:

I really liked Sidekicks as a kid

the kids karate kraze owned

I've started watching kids karate instructional VHS tapes on youtube because lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANJPS7OANtQ

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Some of the stuff they built for never ending story is so badass

Morla is great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6CffV1URts

Nov 6, 2002

That kid had a rough time of it.

quote:

Noah Hathaway was hurt several time during the making of the movie. During his horse riding training he was thrown off a horse which then stepped on him. Then during the shooting of the drowning sequence in the “Swamp of Sadness” his leg got caught on the elevator and he was pulled under water. He was unconscious by the time he was brought to the surface. He later almost lost an eye during the fight-scene versus Gmork.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Ehud posted:

Some of the stuff they built for never ending story is so badass

Morla is great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6CffV1URts

practical effects supremacy

remember when they made a fourth one or whatever and couldn't afford any sets so they went to the real world and it was just them running around in rubber costumes fighting jack black

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Was the empress anyone else’s first movie crush

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaILTs-_1z4

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I missed gym chat but I have a funny story

I used to workout at the YMCA like 6 years ago and there was this guy that used to come and workout with his wife all the time, they were nice people. Then like 2 years later, pretty much overnight he got frosted tips, starting wearing old band t-shirts and cutoff jean shorts and started working out by himself. He also always came to the gym on a BMX with flames paints on it. His workouts became him doing curls for half an hour then talking to every 20 year old girl in the gym he could. It was the craziest divorce transformation I've ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Divorce guy is one of those terms I keep hearing more and more now. It’s the new lifestyle choice.