Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kYwpbQfsTU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0F_3AysDD_w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9chhdlpMLA

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jan 11, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Oh alright, I can spike this ball.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOibIxl3dLo

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

deedee megadoodoo posted:

The idea came to me this morning when I was listening to “A Corpse Without Soul” by Mercyful Fate. The beginning of the song when King Diamond sings “Satan! (Satan, Satan) he’s taken, he’s taken, he’s taken his toll” made me want an entire playlist of Devil songs.

Then we should definitely include some great heavy metal and not just death/black. The lyrics on this one are great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2qC6buu9L4

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

That preview frame makes it look like crabcore and I want to believe.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
A new Krallice EP.
https://krallice.bandcamp.com/album/wolf-ep

And some thrash.
https://hexecutor.bandcamp.com/album/poison-lust-and-damnation

Detective Thompson fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Jan 11, 2019

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

My co-worker and I have been fairly rotting on that Rivers of Nihil album that dropped last year. They're playing here in March, and it sounds like it could be a great show but I worry that they sound awesome in the studio but not so hot live. Anyone have a trip report? Good live show?

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

To further contribute:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bQM5G5y7ik

(This song is legitimately okay BM)

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Vargatron posted:

To further contribute:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bQM5G5y7ik

(This song is legitimately okay BM)

:chloe:

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
My favourite are the kick drums that sound like an old boat engine

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

hatelull posted:

My co-worker and I have been fairly rotting on that Rivers of Nihil album that dropped last year. They're playing here in March, and it sounds like it could be a great show but I worry that they sound awesome in the studio but not so hot live. Anyone have a trip report? Good live show?

I saw them open for Dying Fetus last year. The live mix was poo poo. All bass and bass drums. So if you wanna listen to riffs, be advised.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Weaponized Cum posted:

I saw them open for Dying Fetus last year. The live mix was poo poo. All bass and bass drums. So if you wanna listen to riffs, be advised.

Bummer. You could possibly blame that on house though right?

Parachute
May 18, 2003
yeah when i saw them last year with yautja & exhumed all of the bands sounded good. the worst part was that RoN only played one sax song and their touring sax player was (as expected) a laptop

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Parachute posted:

the worst part was that RoN only played one sax song and their touring sax player was (as expected) a laptop

This was my experience when they opened for Revocation. Sad times. I know poo poo-all about sound quality but they sounded alright to me.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
rivers was talking on facebook the other day about how they may be playing the whole owls album straight through on this tour and i'm super loving stoked for that

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Parachute posted:

yeah when i saw them last year with yautja & exhumed all of the bands sounded good. the worst part was that RoN only played one sax song and their touring sax player was (as expected) a laptop

Yeah, I kinda figured that was the case. There's a "live" video for that first big track off their most recent record, and they have a sax dude on stage but since there are horns only a few times on the album I figured they weren't touring with a dedicated guy for that.

It looks like they're headlining this tour, so maybe that "whole album" every night thing is going to be a real thing.

hatelull fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Jan 11, 2019

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
apparently one of the metalsucks dudes manages them, which seems like a disaster waiting to happen

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

hatelull posted:

Bummer. You could possibly blame that on house though right?

To be frank most opening bands sounded terrible there. DF ruled, though. So YMMV

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Going to see Integrity, Devil Master, and Genocide Pact tonight. Stoked.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

Genocide Pact are touring with Windhand which should be a good show

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

gonna see ensiferum and septicflesh tonight

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
the new soilwork album is unmistakably a soilwork album

it's good but very by the numbers, i think bjorn has been spending too much time with night flight orchestra to write anything new

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

kumba posted:

it's good but very by the numbers, i think bjorn has been spending too much time with night flight orchestra to write anything new

He should just quit Soilwork and focus on NFO full time imo

In other news, this is amusing to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtQgF17JwB0

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!

The Muppets On PCP posted:

apparently one of the metalsucks dudes manages them, which seems like a disaster waiting to happen

Apparently Todd from Nails was blowing them up a few days ago for this reason because he's mad about that Metalsucks article from 2 and a half years ago which called Nails meathead metal or something.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

deadking posted:

Apparently Todd from Nails was blowing them up a few days ago for this reason because he's mad about that Metalsucks article from 2 and a half years ago which called Nails meathead metal or something.

He also believes published interviews are stealing intellectual property and has a "YOUNG AND IN THE WAY INNOCENT" take. Todd Jones is a loving idiot basically.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Still being mad about a 2 year old article that everyone had forgotten about and posting a huge rambling rebuttal is embarrassing.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

deadking posted:

I thought there was some new development in the nails metal sucks beef and had a hearty lol when it turned out it was just this.

Parachute
May 18, 2003
YOU WILL NEVER BE ONE OF US

love the nails

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

deadking posted:

Best take: https://toiletovhell.com/meathead-summit-held-to-determine-hardness-of-nails-frontman-after-twitter-tirade/

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
I'm an insane collector, but some people are just so loving stupid with their money.

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!

Henchman of Santa posted:

He... has a "YOUNG AND IN THE WAY INNOCENT" take. Todd Jones is a loving idiot basically.

I forgot about that part which is way more hosed up. Especially since he claims someone from Magrudergrind did the rape even though everyone who was there including the victim says otherwise.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

deadking posted:

the article was something about nails not being inclusive because of the "you will never be one of us" stuff, but metalsucks loving sucks so i don't get why he'd be mad

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

it rules op

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Whoever convinced ensiferum that Harpo's was the spot for them to play in Detroit got swindled, there are like 300 people here max and there are smaller venues here.

WoodrowSkillson fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jan 12, 2019

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!

Oldstench posted:

I'm an insane collector, but some people are just so loving stupid with their money.

I have no idea why people pay so much for that Moonblood album. It's not great and there are so many bootlegs floating around.

In good news for breaking the back of the discogs market John Gossard said in an interview a few months ago that he's thinking about rereleasing the Weakling album on vinyl. That thing sells for about 500ish bucks these days.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Whoever convinced ensiferum that Harpo's was the spot for them to play in Detroit got swindled, there are like 300 people here max and there are smaller venues here.

was just talking to someone about that place, haven't been there since the new ownership took over. and also since i've bought a brand new car.

how is it otherwise than being empty?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

was just talking to someone about that place, haven't been there since the new ownership took over. and also since i've bought a brand new car.

how is it otherwise than being empty?

There is no heat and I wore a t shirt and jeans since I'm normally in/around the pit, this place used to be my fuckin home away from home.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Oh also I'm fairly certain the bartenders are local strippers now instead of the people I had been seeing for 15 years

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
yeah i used to spend a poo poo-ton of time at harpo's. going to like 2-3 shows/week for awhile.

i heard from someone else about the no heat thing, and they also don't have A/C.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

deadking posted:

In good news for breaking the back of the discogs market John Gossard said in an interview a few months ago that he's thinking about rereleasing the Weakling album on vinyl. That thing sells for about 500ish bucks these days.

gently caress I better sell my extra copy