Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Currently in the hospital ER where four 80+ year olds are just making GBS threads on trump super hard, the electoral college should be dissolved, it rules

Radish posted:

No politians must be boring, uninteresting, and definitely not standing up for stuff that is good I say as I wonder why voter turn out is poo poo.
as evidence of millenials being dumb, my 27 year old coworker doesn't like aoc because she dances and is flamboyant and "unprofessional" and I asked if he'd listened to her policy positions and he said he hadn't gone that far because the way she danced into her office put him off

He's also currently still working while having issues with his heart and I had to give him him a dressing-down that he is stupidly risking his life for nothing so he's not really the brightest bulb

Edit: albino turkey tax

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jan 11, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer

Crow Jane posted:

I could see a bunch of republicans drinking sorority girl dessert-flavored vodka, for some reason

The Zima coalition

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
https://twitter.com/maplecocaine/status/1083723500215566336?s=21

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Lightning Knight posted:

As a certified beer disliker I only drink girly drinks because apparently “girly” means “tastes good” and “manly” means “tastes like swill.”

Nah, I'm all about pretentious cocktails and infusions and whatnot. Cheap whipped cream flavored vodka is another thing, if only because it seems like an invitation to the worst hangover ever

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Before I stopped drinking the only beer I liked even a little bit was Guiness which apparently makes me a fuckin weirdo.

Repubs all drink Hypnotiq.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Lightning Knight posted:

As a certified beer disliker I only drink girly drinks because apparently “girly” means “tastes good” and “manly” means “tastes like swill.”

You'd probably enjoy sour beers. There are a bunch that are fruity and tangy that are pretty nice.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

Currently in the hospital ER

You okay?

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

MY HUSBAND'S PARSE IS BETTER THAN YOURS

Lightning Knight posted:

I used to be this way but beer truly tastes good once you get a taste for it. Everything else tastes too sweet.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Crow Jane posted:

Nah, I'm all about pretentious cocktails and infusions and whatnot. Cheap whipped cream flavored vodka is another thing, if only because it seems like an invitation to the worst hangover ever

?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Reminder that Politico is poo poo and makes stuff up, including a story of AOC getting into a heated argument with a committee chairman which AOC went on Twitter to say is full of poo poo.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Crow Jane posted:

I drink cream alcohol for the most part, like Bailey’s and coffee type stuff.

Also Greenwald just torched the gently caress out of the Pelosi rose dude lmao loving owned.

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1083725111797133312?s=21

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Would.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Every beer is piss. Especially the one you personally like.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Lightning Knight posted:

Sour beers, summer shandies, or saisons. Just try a couple different types, because there’s a lot of variety!

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

Lightning Knight posted:

In my experience, 'girly' typically describes sweet and fruity drinks.

I think often 'girly' drinks are thought of as crappy because they have a single dominating flavor: sweet

Some popular cocktails not typically regarded as 'girly': Martini, Dark & Stormy, Mint Julep, Mojito (although each of these last two can be done poorly and become sickly sweet)

Anyway, that's my contribution to the booze derail.

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

Crabtree posted:

no :colbert:

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

BarChef

472 Queen St W, Toronto, ON M5V 2B2, Canada
+1 416-868-4800

https://g.co/kgs/RMUjER

That first one was the smoked Manhattan and was really really good. The second one was made with aloe and tastes like hand cream.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

shoulda gone with a flask

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

My mom isn't, I'm here with her while they try and figure out why she's in absolute agony (we've been here for like 10 hours now)

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Crabtree posted:

:hmmyes:

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I only drink my personal mixed drink, whipped cream flavored vodka and chocolate whole milk.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Thing about AOC, as she's said herself, is that she really is interested in building coalitions and finding common ground.

She's just found the right combo of "reach for the stars but be pragmatic" that we usually don't see in politics.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

KillHour posted:

I guarantee there is a beer you would like out there somewhere.
This is what every beer drinker says and it's not true. gently caress beer.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Stickman posted:

Sour beers, summer shandies, or saisons. Just try a couple different types, because there’s a lot of variety!

Milk stouts and cream ales

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Faustian Bargain posted:

This is what every beer drinker says and it's not true. gently caress beer.

There are literally hundreds of styles of beer. It's like saying you don't like bread.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

KillHour posted:

BarChef

472 Queen St W, Toronto, ON M5V 2B2, Canada
+1 416-868-4800

https://g.co/kgs/RMUjER

That first one was the smoked Manhattan and was really really good. The second one was made with aloe and tastes like hand cream.

I actually really like medicinal/herbal flavors in drinks, I'd probably be into it

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

"Look, a human!"

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

she's a better person that me, i would've told gaetz to gently caress off.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Barleywines are gross

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Lightning Knight posted:

Historically, "girly" has meant sweet while "manly" has meant bitter in terms of alcohol, really. The weird mocktail stuff like Mike's Hard etc. is all awful, but there's nothing wrong with stuff like Cosmos IMO, but I have never had a sweet tooth and my favorite drinks are all smoky scotches.

Alcohol is basically just fun poison, though, so I say let people drink whatever tastes good to them if they're not alcoholics and maybe help them not drink if they are.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

look forward to their quarterly report showing business is up

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

theblackw0lf posted:

Thing about AOC, as she's said herself, is that she really is interested in building coalitions and finding common ground.

She's just found the right combo of "reach for the stars but be pragmatic" that we usually don't see in politics.

It's telling that her most vocal opponents at this point appear to be conservative Dems in Congress...:thunk:

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Crow Jane posted:

I actually really like medicinal/herbal flavors in drinks, I'd probably be into it

Probably. The beads on the rocks are aloe cream and you're supposed to lick them off. Because hipsters.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

CuddleCryptid posted:

The idea that Congress can take the weekend off while everyone is absolutely hosed blows my mind

Yeah, but this isn't a Congress issue, this is the president is a big baby and won't accept anything than a wall on the border issue. Whether Congress stays in session or goes home makes no difference

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

KillHour posted:

There are literally hundreds of styles of beer. It's like saying you don't like bread.

Some people don't like bread. Who gives a poo poo.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

FuturePastNow posted:

look forward to their quarterly report showing business is up

Those people are doing themselves a favor tbh since Red lobster is overpriced crap

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
It occurred to me when I saw Trump's tweets about his NAFTA tweak this morning: D&D calls the new thing the Canada-US-Mexico (CUM) Agreement, right? If not, I think that should be the going term.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i drink to get drunk and i wouldn't have it any other way.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Crow Jane posted:

That's fine I'll keep my massive reserves of Pinnacle flavored vodkas that are like $5 for 750ml at Ralphs.

poo poo is way smoother than it has a right to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Anyway cider's good if you don't like beer. So are cysers if you can find 'em.