Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Emron posted:

HM Oryx was Light Level 310.
the eliksni were noobs probably trying to bank 15 motes all the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

wyoak posted:

the eliksni were noobs probably trying to bank 15 motes all the time

[Running around on beach looking for the bank] Where is the great machine??? WHERE IS THE GREAT MACHINE???????

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Emron posted:

HM Oryx was Light Level 310.

Yes but we have POWER LEVEL in Destiny 2. Totally different, so you can't compare 1:1. :v:

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

xzzy posted:

Yes but we have POWER LEVEL in Destiny 2. Totally different, so you can't compare 1:1. :v:

That's fair. If we consider 330 (Hm oryx gear) to be roughly equivalent to 580 (Riven power level), then we can get a sense of how the two compare. We can call it the 3/5 compromise.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
lmao

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Emron posted:

That's fair. If we consider 330 (Hm oryx gear) to be roughly equivalent to 580 (Riven power level), then we can get a sense of how the two compare. We can call it the 3/5 compromise.

Alright alright alright, let's see what we got. Union on the field! Bring a musket.

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

lol

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

This makes the light trying to push back the darkness seem a lot less wholesome.

MrBond
Feb 19, 2004

FYI, Cheese NIPS are not the same as Cheez ITS
So if I’ve never done a raid in the entirety of D2 yet, do people still organize Sherpa newbie raids? Is the thing to do just pop in the destiny goon discord and ask for one?

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

MrBond posted:

So if I’ve never done a raid in the entirety of D2 yet, do people still organize Sherpa newbie raids? Is the thing to do just pop in the destiny goon discord and ask for one?

What platform are you on?

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

^burtle posted:

Alright alright alright, let's see what we got. Union on the field! Bring a musket.

Kiavahr
Oct 17, 2013

Outrageous Lumpwad
I ended D1 at 400 light, and I started D2 before the cabal attack at 200 power. Assuming my ceremonial gear was maxed, (and it would be, I even topped up my SRL bodysuit) then 1 D2 power equates to 2 points of D1 light.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Kiavahr posted:

I ended D1 at 400 light, and I started D2 before the cabal attack at 200 power. Assuming my ceremonial gear was maxed, (and it would be, I even topped up my SRL bodysuit) then 1 D2 power equates to 2 points of D1 light.

In that case, we are now slightly more than 4x stronger than Oryx in his throne world. Even lil baby noob guardians still scared to open up the dreaming city are at least 3x more powerful.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

^burtle posted:

You dropped an ironclad on the other side!

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

xzzy posted:

lol if anyone thinks bungie severing from activision is going to change destiny in any significant way

(anything that happens in D3, whenever it comes out, will have been in development for years already)

Depends who was the driving force behind:

Awful Faction Rally 'Renown/Attrition' grind for catalysts.

Edamame Forge Quest

And I'll bet those were alllll Bungie.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Far too soon to say what any of this means, but I will say that Bungie and Time Crunch Bungie are two very different Beasts

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Far too soon to say what any of this means, but I will say that Bungie and Time Crunch Bungie are two very different Beasts

The only people left are Time Crunch Bungie, all the Bungie people have been at 343 for years.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

Drain 001 posted:

The only people left are Time Crunch Bungie, all the Bungie people have been at 343 for years.

but halo 4 and 5 were bad

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum

DO IT TO IT posted:

but halo 4 and 5 were bad

That is correct.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

TWAB today will be "Designer commentary on upcoming Sandbox update, Preview of Competitive Matchmaking tuning, Iron Banner Preview." So maybe worth reading.

tyrelhill
Jul 30, 2006
activism on probably dropped them cause they couldn’t make an esports game that’s all they care about right now (and money)

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
You, an imbecile: Titans move faster on PC than Console

Me, a intellectual:

https://i.imgur.com/bS5Vf5h.gifv

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Me, a intellectual

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
:thejoke:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/8wvlIJG.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/VndxLd9.gifv

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Kiavahr posted:

Yeah but light got crunched from 365 to like 180 that one time so you gotta take that into consideration.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Jotunn owns, you guys should go get it when you have a chance

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

It really does

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

It's extremely fun.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/47570

Nova Warp and Blade Barrage nerfed, all other supers buffed. Competitive matchmaking will weigh glory more strongly. Solution for Last Wish guitar errors could arrive in March.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

haveblue posted:

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/47570

Nova Warp and Blade Barrage nerfed, all other supers buffed. Competitive matchmaking will weigh glory more strongly. Solution for Last Wish guitar errors could arrive in March.

Spectral Blades also got a slight nerf on damage resistance while invisible and super duration.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Oh drat, Golden gun kills refund a bullet, that's spicy

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Wtf??? Your super will murder you???

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
good

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I CAN'T WAIT FOR DAWNBLADE DURATION TO INCREASE

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Also Niobe Labs was broken and unsolvable all along, lol

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Yeah xGladd just solved it after they posted that

https://clips.twitch.tv/EncouragingZanyCoffeeSeemsGood

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

So the solution was "put in the forge emblem solution using the BA weapon that's the element shown." What a lovely visual clue for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBond
Feb 19, 2004

FYI, Cheese NIPS are not the same as Cheez ITS

Emron posted:

What platform are you on?

PS4