Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

fuctifino posted:

I went for the Zoom Q2n because it has an awesome built in mic, as well as a 160 degree field of view - so it can capture a lot more than most other cameras. It also has a noise free 3.5mm audio in socket, so you can plug it straight into audio equipment, and it can record at 1080p with 24-bit/96 kHz audio in mp4 format.

It's great for me, as I'm able to just hit record, then upload the raw files to youtube. It would also be good enough to extract audio and video to post edit if you have a PC powerful enough for that sort of thing... I did a lot of research to find the best gadget for the least amount of money, and the Q2n really stood out from the crowd.

Hey dude, this is probably a dumb question but I can't for the life of me find any info on the Amazon page. Does the Q2n come with an SD card or will I need to get that separately? I was also considering getting the accessory pack so I could mount it on a spare mic stand that I have, but if I need to buy an SD card as well, I'll probably hold off on the pack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

No, it doesn't come with an SD card.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

fuctifino posted:

No, it doesn't come with an SD card.

Thanks a lot!

Edit: Did you go with a 128GB or 64GB? Having not done much video work, I don't know how much storage I will need. I don't plan on using it on-the-go very much and will typically transfer the video footage to my computer after a session. Thinking 64GB would probably be fine and its less than half the price of the 128GB.

MrSargent fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jan 11, 2019

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit it's here!

I have to say I'm a little salty though because the SC5000 has CLEARLY already been opened and didn't come shipped in a Denon factory box. I think everything was in there, but it definitely looks like it's been repackaged. I'm debating on taking it back to Guitar Center because I paid for a NEW media player and idk if this thing is a floor model or refurbished or what but why else would it be repackaged like it is?

e: I just watched a couple unboxing videos and this is definitely someone else's return. I chatted with a Guitar Center Customer Service person and they told me to take pictures and send them and then flatly denied that the item was ever opened despite the fact there's a random extra empty bag, and the poster thing that covers the packing materials was missing, and all of the tape was cut before I opened anything.

Whatever. A quick google reveals that Guitar Center is known for repacking and selling gear as New even if it's open-box.
I'm gonna return it tonight and order another and hopefully get an actually new one this time.

GnarlyCharlie4u fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jan 11, 2019

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

MrSargent posted:

Thanks a lot!

Edit: Did you go with a 128GB or 64GB? Having not done much video work, I don't know how much storage I will need. I don't plan on using it on-the-go very much and will typically transfer the video footage to my computer after a session. Thinking 64GB would probably be fine and its less than half the price of the 128GB.

I got a 128GB, and that gives me just over 10 hours of 1080p video with 44.1khz 24 bit audio.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

fuctifino posted:

I got a 128GB, and that gives me just over 10 hours of 1080p video with 44.1khz 24 bit audio.

Thanks a lot for your help, much appreciated!

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

AstroZamboni posted:

Post pics when you get it. CVs are so loving nice.

It's real nice.

Edit: Bonus content:

Clayton Bigsby
Apr 17, 2005

Siivola posted:

It's real nice.

Ridiculous how much guitar you can get for reasonable money these days. The CV Teles are amazing too.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

It was on sale, to boot! :toot:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Clayton Bigsby posted:

Ridiculous how much guitar you can get for reasonable money these days. The CV Teles are amazing too.

I’ve owned and sold multiple high price American made instruments and my #1 is a made in china CV Strat :psyduck: the future is fuckin’ wild

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Picked up a Fender Bullet Tuner. It's SO tiny. I should have gotten a clip on years ago.

I also picked up an Arturia Minilab Mk2. This thing is so much fun.

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Smoothing the Ice on Europa since 1997!

Siivola posted:

It's real nice.

Beautius! I love the old timey custom color/matching headstock combo.

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

We droppin' like a comet and this Vulcan tried to Spock it/These Martians tried to do it, but knew they couldn't cop it

Put the neck on today and tested the electronics. Jag pickup sounds really nice, got a lot of bass and sparkle, and pairs well with the bridge pickup. With a little bit of gain it really sings.

This is probably the nicest feeling neck I've had in a long time. Roasted maple with a soft v profile, no finish. The Hipshot tuners I got are a godsend. They come with plates that hold the tuners so you don't need to drill screw holes. I hate drilling those. Might swap out the buttons for some slightly smaller ones at some point.

Still got a couple of tweaks to do with the intonation and string height, but for now I'm calling this project done!

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
That tele looks fantastic. Good job dude.

edit: love the angled pickup selector, too.

Gnumonic
Dec 11, 2005

Maybe you thought I was the Packard Goose?

Chip McFuck posted:

This is probably the nicest feeling neck I've had in a long time. Roasted maple with a soft v profile, no finish. The Hipshot tuners I got are a godsend. They come with plates that hold the tuners so you don't need to drill screw holes. I hate drilling those. Might swap out the buttons for some slightly smaller ones at some point.

Guitar looks great, but you really don't need to be scared of drilling tuner holes. I've done it a dozen times and never hosed it up. The secrets are: 1) ideally use calipers to make drat sure your drill bit is the right size for your screw, and tape off the drill with masking tape to mark the depth so you don't go through the headstock. 2) Before you screw in the screws, use a screw-tip bit on a screwdriver (coated with beeswax, ideally) to prime the hole. I have a stew-mac screwdriver set that has screw-tip bits for all the common sizes, and I feel like this is the most important part to avoid splitting or chipping. 3) Just for good measure I coat the screws in beeswax again before screwing them in.

To be fair though I've never done it on roasted maple, but I'm almost certain following these steps would work there too.

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

We droppin' like a comet and this Vulcan tried to Spock it/These Martians tried to do it, but knew they couldn't cop it

Thanks for the tips, but I've done it plenty of times before. Hate was just hyperbole, it's more of an annoyance than anything. No matter how many times I double or triple check, their's always one that doesn't quite line up and I have to plug the hole and re-drill. These Hipshot plates just save the hassle.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Looks awesome!

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Yeah that looks real effin good.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Double-posting because the rest of my guitar arrived!

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
I should probably not be allowed onto Amazon's warehouse listings anymore.

Squier Vintage Modified Tele Custom. "Used - Very Good" per the listing, which pretty much means the box was opened and it was sent back. Not a mark on it, had the plastic on everything, including the neck plate which I didn't realize was a thing they did.

Captain Apollo
Jun 24, 2003

King of the Pilots, CFI

widefault posted:

I should probably not be allowed onto Amazon's warehouse listings anymore.

Squier Vintage Modified Tele Custom. "Used - Very Good" per the listing, which pretty much means the box was opened and it was sent back. Not a mark on it, had the plastic on everything, including the neck plate which I didn't realize was a thing they did.

Okay I want a demonstration from you on this. I was super interested in the Trouble Tele that fender did this year but..... I wanted a maple neck..

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

I just picked up a BlackStar HT1R head because it was heavily discounted at Guitar center. Now I have to figure out if I want to get a cab for it and sell my Boss Katana or return the head.

Professor Science
Mar 8, 2006
diplodocus + mortarboard = party
Keep the Katana, no doubt.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Professor Science posted:

Keep the Katana, no doubt.

I should say this is purely for practice at home amp. I have a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe for playing with a band.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

I should say this is purely for practice at home amp. I have a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe for playing with a band.

katana’s a good backup amp

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

Captain Apollo posted:

Okay I want a demonstration from you on this. I was super interested in the Trouble Tele that fender did this year but..... I wanted a maple neck..

Have you heard of the '72 Tele Deluxe? It has two humbuckers so it's closer to the Trouble than the '72 Tele Custom is. There's Squire, Mexican, and American versions out there too, so there's one for every price range.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Chip McFuck posted:

Have you heard of the '72 Tele Deluxe? It has two humbuckers so it's closer to the Trouble than the '72 Tele Custom is. There's Squire, Mexican, and American versions out there too, so there's one for every price range.

I’ve always wanted a Tele Deluxe just because it looks cool as hell

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

:f5: :f5: :f5:

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

You are going to post videos right? I really want to see it in action.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

MrSargent posted:

Of course :)

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
15 minutes of slide vibrato fart noises

best 1500 ever spent

widefault
Mar 16, 2009

Captain Apollo posted:

Honestly, there probably won't be a demo from me. I'm a poo poo player, and have nothing set up for recording right now.

Chip McFuck posted:

There's also the '72 Thinline

Lacks a couple knobs, but is nice and light in return.

Yeah, that's mine as well. I'm at 5 Telecasters right now, but I think I still need a Deluxe. And something with a traditional humbucker in the neck. And maybe a mahogany body thinline with single coils. Is there such a thing as too many Teles?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

MrSargent posted:

I didn't have the health to play for more than a few minutes yesterday. I managed to get an hour or so in tonight, and recorded a little bit of a violin jam towards the end. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0h-U1f4vfug. The instrument is phenomenal... and I even had Roger himself answer my support emails on a Saturday night to help me get everything talking to each other.

e: vvv Yeah, I was playing a load of piano earlier, and I was able to get a huge range with very little stretch. I'm still trying to work out if I want the intervals between the rows to be 4ths, 5ths or 6ths.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jan 20, 2019

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

fuctifino posted:

I didn't have the health to play for more than a few minutes yesterday. I managed to get an hour or so in tonight, and recorded a little bit of a violin jam towards the end. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0h-U1f4vfug. The instrument is phenomenal... and I even had Roger himself answer my support emails on a Saturday night to help me get everything talking to each other.

Wait til you start doing chord shapes.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Hurry up and get here.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
OHMYGOD THAT JAGUAR IS SO drat HANDSOME.

I hate being lefty sometimes. :negative:

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3

Wark Say posted:

I hate being lefty sometimes. :negative:
Same. Hey, you can get yourself a Mexican Jaguar for the low, low price of $1200!
Hey, can't complain too much, we can get lefty JM's and Mustangs pretty easily these days.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Wark Say posted:

OHMYGOD THAT JAGUAR IS SO drat HANDSOME.

Yeah for real, that is a beautiful guitar.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Thanks! Hopefully I love playing it as much as I love looking at it. It arrives tomorrow and I can't wait. It's a 1990s CIJ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

It's here, and it's fantastic.

I'm gonna play around with it this weekend and then drop it off at my neighbor's. He's a professional luthier so he'll get is set up properly.

I'm also debating getting a Mustang bridge for it (or some other kind of bridge) but I'm having a hell of a time figuring out which one to get and what price is fair. Any ideas?