Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Crazycryodude posted:

Also lol at thinking the French Revolution was a bad thing

I'm with Mark on this one here honestly

The biggest tragedy about the French Revolution was Napoleon loving the whole thing up

At first I was like "phew I dunno about that last panel though" and then I saw the punchline, yeah we're good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind
Though the wind won't help you fly at all

I was going to praise the JRRose, but that would be obscene, looking at how much harder Bolling works, and with the added benefit of being correct.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I'm starting to wonder if the reason that conservatives are so spooked by AOC, yet keep drawing her relatively flatteringly is because they're getting ready for her to be the Strong Mommy to replace Strong Daddy.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Naw, it's cause they're horny for her.

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah, they draw her as pretty because otherwise she would be unrecognizable.

It’s fun to have a major politician whose trademark caricature feature is “giant teeth”. I’ve never seen that before, and she does, in fact, have giant teeth.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Antifa Mommy, why do you have such big teeth?
-To bite the heads off of the Patriarchal Capitalist class! :gritin:

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

I don't usualy bother with Rall because, well, where to start? It's poo poo, it's obviously poo poo plus it's both technically poo poo and the intended message is poo poo.

I couldn't just skip it this time thought because of that case on the floor. Rall and perspective don't talk to each other but even for him that is unusually terrible. Or is it supposed to be a soft bag? Is the case melting into the floor? A touch of Dali? All the usual crappiness is still there too (like that poor persons tits pointing off to the sides) so it's not a case of fix one thing, break another.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Every time Ted Rall gets posted on here.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Don't you dare compare Hannibal to
Toxic
Enervated
Dumbo

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

By popular demand posted:

Don't you dare compare Hannibal to
Toxic
Enervated
Dumbo

:hai:

Hannibal Burress is a national treasure

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
imo goons are just mad because he had a confirmed blow job and that's more than the majority of goons will ever get.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I hope the ladys all right, you have to be desperate to give chud rule a bj.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I mean, I do kinda agree that the thread is most mock-thread-like when one Theodore Rall is involved (the gag where you get his name wrong was old and tired three years ago) but I think this last one (and the one before) is bullshit so this would not be my preferred time to be having this conversation

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

YOU PASSED A MASSIVE TAX CUT THAT DIDN'T DO A drat THING TO HELP THE ECONOMY AND EXPLODED THE DEFICIT, SHUT THE gently caress UP ABOUT "MATH," WINGNUTS

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

loquacius posted:

I mean, I do kinda agree that the thread is most mock-thread-like when one Theodore Rall is involved (the gag where you get his name wrong was old and tired three years ago) but I think this last one (and the one before) is bullshit so this would not be my preferred time to be having this conversation

The thread is like this because we recall past Rall cartoon. We understand the remarkable consistency of the overarching pattern. There will not be a better time, because he will simply continue to be, and show, what he is.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

felch me daddy jr. posted:

It's fascinating to me that pro-wall cartoonists can't seem to come up with a single argument for their cause except "OH YOU THINK WALLS ARE BAD? WHAT ABOUT THE WALLS OF YOUR HOUSE HUH?".

This argument belongs in the Willfully Dense Hall of Fame after Trump made it on national television during his Oval Office address.

Freudian posted:

gently caress, I actually like this one

How? It’s just a lovely pun with no substance behind it.

Cat Mattress posted:

When Robie went down, he was immediately replaced by insanely corrupt people, so if anything he didn't get to go far enough.

I’m no expert (I listened to a lecture series about the French Revolution about a year ago, but it was long and I don’t remember all of it), but I’m skeptical that “kill more people” would have made everything work out. Giving the state the power to execute people en masse seems like it would inevitably lead to tyranny. Is there a counterexample I’m not aware of?

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Freudian posted:

gently caress, I actually like this one

You don't like it. You've just set the bar so low that the absence of utter revulsion makes you think you like it.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Discendo Vox posted:

The thread is like this because we recall past Rall cartoon. We understand the remarkable consistency of the overarching pattern. There will not be a better time, because he will simply continue to be, and show, what he is.

It could have been after one of the "hey, maybe we shouldn't be mad about pulling out of war in the mideast" cartoons, that would have been cool

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

The American empire being destroyed because the entire government apparatus quit their jobs after President Goodbrains held a month-long temper tantrum and made everyone miss their paychecks is gonna rule.

I mean we're also all going to die in the ensuing Mad Max hellworld, but it'll be hilarious.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Was it Drunky Duck that use to do those Squirrel Appreciation Day strips as a racist dog whistle to bitch about Martin Luther King Jr. having a national holiday?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Gonzo McFee posted:

Every time Ted Rall gets posted on here.

Gonzo McFee posted:

imo goons are just mad because he had a confirmed blow job and that's more than the majority of goons will ever get.

Lol that of all the Rall cartoons you choose to make a lame defense of it’s the one where he old mans at cloud about taxes.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

bartok posted:

Was it Drunky Duck that use to do those Squirrel Appreciation Day strips as a racist dog whistle to bitch about Martin Luther King Jr. having a national holiday?

Yep, and he likely will again when that time rolls around this year. Similarly he routinely uses sharks and other dangerous predators as his stand-ins for black people/migrants/Muslims/whomever else is the scary scapegoat of the moment.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Yep, and he likely will again when that time rolls around this year. Similarly he routinely uses sharks and other dangerous predators as his stand-ins for black people/migrants/Muslims/whomever else is the scary scapegoat of the moment.

It's like he took Gary Larson's absurdist "what if animals acted like humans" schtick and decided he should use it to make a serious point about race relations. And since he's inherently racist, that's what we get. I now picture a version of Cow Tools where a white person human has to teach the simple-minded cow how to be civilized.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Yep, and he likely will again when that time rolls around this year.

Out of curiosity I looked up what his strip for January 21st was last year, and he didn't mention the day at all, MLK Jr. or Squirrel. It was just another "New Year's Prediction" strip where he said no one would work for Trump and the economy would be great. Maybe he's done with the Squirrel Appreciation Day 'jokes.'

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Iron Crowned posted:

I'm starting to wonder if the reason that conservatives are so spooked by AOC, yet keep drawing her relatively flatteringly is because they're getting ready for her to be the Strong Mommy to replace Strong Daddy.

Well...

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

FOR THE PEOPLE. America has the resources to accomplish things that countries it spent decades destabilizing cannot. Good Cartoons all.

e: seriously the spacing on that Branco is set up so that it could not possibly say "gently caress" and that ruins his joke

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

To be fair, Branco and Ramirez can't draw anyone as attractive.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

loquacius posted:

FOR THE PEOPLE. America has the resources to accomplish things that countries it spent decades destabilizing cannot. Good Cartoons all.

e: seriously the spacing on that Branco is set up so that it could not possibly say "gently caress" and that ruins his joke

He was trying to be clever. Ocasio-Cortez, FOC the people

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I figured it was just "F the people". Gets the intent across.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Raised By Birds posted:

Out of curiosity I looked up what his strip for January 21st was last year, and he didn't mention the day at all, MLK Jr. or Squirrel. It was just another "New Year's Prediction" strip where he said no one would work for Trump and the economy would be great. Maybe he's done with the Squirrel Appreciation Day 'jokes.'
Not if it’s lazier that he stopped doing the same joke every year in order to extend the same minimal effort joke he does every year.

Seriously, imagine doing New Year’s jokes three weeks into January.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.
I read it as "Fo' the people" because of AOC's pin.

But I might be biased considering Branco's A Wyatt Mann inspired caricature of her.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Pants Donkey posted:

Not if it’s lazier that he stopped doing the same joke every year in order to extend the same minimal effort joke he does every year.

Seriously, imagine doing New Year’s jokes three weeks into January.

Just in time for Valentine jokes.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Jurgan posted:

This argument belongs in the Willfully Dense Hall of Fame after Trump made it on national television during his Oval Office address.

How? It’s just a lovely pun with no substance behind it.

I’m no expert (I listened to a lecture series about the French Revolution about a year ago, but it was long and I don’t remember all of it), but I’m skeptical that “kill more people” would have made everything work out. Giving the state the power to execute people en masse seems like it would inevitably lead to tyranny. Is there a counterexample I’m not aware of?

Again it’s complicated. The Jacobins under Robespierre managed to stabilize and save the republic, when at its nadir right before they took power, they faced a triple existenstial crisis. The Austrian army was in sight of the walls of Paris, every city in southern France broke out in revolt against Paris, and the Vendee region of western France was in a full blown Roaylist revolt (this is actually where the worst atrocities of the Terror took place, and it would be an open wound until Napoleon finally ended it). By the end of their reign, the French army had turned back the Austrians and were actually advancing in every front of the war, the revolts in the south had been completely put down, and the Vendee was just a low-simmering cauldron of war crimes instead of a full blown regime toppling rebellion.

At this point, the Reign of Terror should have been drawn down and ended, but Robespierre had by this point suffered a mental breakdown and had plans to expand it. What took him down wasn’t members of the French assembly aghast at the horrific violence, has several members of the ultimate conspiracy that took him down gd overdrawn and directed some of the worst and most horrific instances of the Terror. They had seen Robespierre execute his close political ally George Danton for corruption and realized that nobody was safe, especially members of the Assembly, who were all cartoonishly corrupt. It was these assholes, trying to stay in power through whichever way the political winds blew, not the Reign of Terror, that led directly to Napoleon’s coup.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I dont know posted:

Just in time for Valentine jokes.
Dedicate a month to St. Patrick’s Day and Easter, and he won’t have to do any actual work til May!

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Tinsley's New Year Predictions go until Mallentines, which go until the summer, at which point it's Liberals: The Early Years (ha ha, the dinosaur wants safe spaces!), and by the time September rolls around, it's time to rip on AOC all the way until 2020.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

D.N. Nation posted:

Tinsley's New Year Predictions go until Mallentines, which go until the summer, at which point it's Liberals: The Early Years (ha ha, the dinosaur wants safe spaces!), and by the time September rolls around, it's time to rip on AOC all the way until 2020.

Where does the time go? (Hint: Drinking)

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

RaspberryCommie posted:

I read it as "Fo' the people" because of AOC's pin.

But I might be biased considering Branco's A Wyatt Mann inspired caricature of her.

Pretty sure the cartoon is being over thought.

It's "F the People", full stop.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Gonzo McFee posted:

Do you think he's also a murderer because he told people he pushed a homeless person in front of the subway?

Rall's so obviously, painfully never had sex that if you read his 2024 sex scenes it comes across immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

londonarbuckle
Feb 23, 2017

Pants Donkey posted:

Dedicate a month to St. Patrick’s Day and Easter, and he won’t have to do any actual work til May!

Just in time for three months of commencement address cartoons!