Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

areyoucontagious posted:

loving :commissar: this heretic scum

Would not stoning be a more appropriate penalty for heresy than gunshot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

therobit posted:

Would not stoning be a more appropriate penalty for heresy than gunshot?

This is clearly some form of witchcraft. I still favor burning.

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

So I shout "Set your life on fire!"
Actually, because incels exist, women are never bad cheating idiots.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

DandyLion posted:

I like to think there's a little Pete in all of us

There was a little Pete in me, until he dumped me for being a useless turd :smith:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Straight White Shark posted:

The guy I’m dating (36/m) has a shrine to my (37/F) ex-husband in his house.

as a metalhead i would LOVE to know who this is

i've been to a lot of shows in a lot of places, and i can't remember anyone who went anywhere with his wife tagging along, nor can i remember anyone who has been divorced lately

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

Doubtful. An MRA would have written the OP as malicious instead of merely naive.

Yeah I don’t get why people feel the need to cry fake about this one. It’s such a tame, run of the mill 20 something relationship difficulties story. There’s nothing outlandish about it. Of all the stories posted in this thread, Pete belongs in the bin labeled “most probable”

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Clark Nova posted:

There was a little Pete in me, until he dumped me for being a useless turd :smith:

You started pushing by found it difficult to poo poo on your boyfriend?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I [22F] think my mother [45F] and grandma [66F] are doing witchcraft to sabotage my relationship

quote:

I grew up with my mom's side of the family practicing an almost cult-like religion (not gonna say what it is). It's always been almost a scare tactic thing where if they don't do a certain ritual, something bad is gonna happen to a certain person and they can also cause things to happen to others by doing other rituals. It's intense. I know. I don't know any specifics as I've done my best to distance myself from anything that has to do with it.

It sounds crazy and superstitious but these people believe it. And I don't want to get into the whole beliefs/religious standing thing but as much as I'd like to think that there's no such thing and these people are delusional, I was brought up with it in my life and can't ignore the negativity that it brings out of everyone.

I've been with my now-complicated-ex-boyfriend for the past 3 years, we broke up in November of 2018. Went a month without speaking after I moved out back to my parent's house and now we are talking again. I've kept this from my family and would just say I'm gonna go hang out with my friends whenever I was going to see him. But a few days ago they went to my old apartment - ex is still there - and saw my car and found out that I'm seeing him again. (Intrusive much?)

The reason I've kept it from them was because we're in the very early stages of rekindling our relationship and I didn't want any outside influence for the time being, especially knowing my family is very problematic.

Things have been going well for the past few weeks but ever since my mom has found out there's been just a nagging feeling of negativity, extreme bouts of anxiety for both of us even though he doesn't deal with anxiety. My ex, who is the last person to ever jump to the conclusion that it can be anything but logical, asked me today if I think that my family is doing stuff to make us feel disconnected. And I wouldn't put it past them as they never liked him. I have a gut feeling that they are.

I don't like it. I don't want to be surrounded by constant negativity like this because THEY feel like it's best for me. My mother and grandma were so smug when we broke up. We were reflecting on why we chose to break up and we were being completely different people - unrecognizably different - to the point where we needed to not be together. And I have a feeling they put it all into play.

I want to distance myself from my family but I don't know if that's the right thing to do or if this is even a good enough reason to do it. I have so many mixed feelings and I just want to do the right thing for myself and my future.

**TL;DR** My mother found out I was speaking to my ex-boyfriend again, things have been off between him and I ever since. Have a gut feeling that my mother and grandma are doing something.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

She essentially gives him the ultimatum between never having any say in what she does and leaving her. The she balks at what she perceives as his ultimatum, dont go or I'll leave you, which is actually the consequence of her own ultimatum reflected back at her. All dressed up in strong woman words meant to shame the guy for his perfectly reasonable take on the situation, which turns out to be correct.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Sometimes people, even women, can act hypocritically!

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

No I dont believe you

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Sagebrush posted:

also if it's just stories about cheating spouses/teenagers unsure if they should break up/poly drama please skip it unless there's something that makes it really excellent. i come here for stories like "my wife wants to eat my poop" or "my sister bought my OCD husband a $1500 bacteria detector that always tests positive," not generic dopey people trying to gently caress as many new people they can or figure out if they're in love.

an example of a good exception would be that couple where the fat wife starts going to crossfit and loses a ton of weight and starts hanging out with handsome part-time crossfit instructor Dr. Bob, while the fat husband sits at home and gains hundreds more pounds, and then the wife spontaneously says she's taking a trip alone to jamaica, and after she leaves the fat husband goes to the gym and is like "where is dr. bob, doesn't he teach a class today?" and all the regulars are like "he didn't say where he was going, but he did say NOT jamaica!". that's a good one.

just fewer of the "yes, your husband who keeps texting his ex all night long and who hasn't hosed you in four months is cheating." there's so much better content out there

Maybe just post content of your own if you don't like the content that others are posting?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

Pete is the patron saint of /r/relationships, he who will not tolerate bullshit

Thanks for filling me in!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

lady how did you spend 7 years married to a metal headliner and not realize that half your husband's audience is khaki-clad computer touchers
Or that anyone who makes a shrine to a metal singer probably also knows who his ex-wife was.

quote:

[–]paganprincess666[score hidden] 2 hours ago
I find it really hard to believe that he has a shrine of your ex husband to the level you’re describing, but doesn’t know who you are. Maybe I’m jaded, but it seems too coincidental and potentially unsafe for you.

[–]frasiercrane69[S] [score hidden] an hour ago
A lot of people are saying this and now I am a little freaked out. I mean, he can google him and find out we were married. Now I’m scared he did! I’m gonna ask my friend that introduced us if she told him.

[–]RealisticSandwich [score hidden] an hour ago
Um if a friend introduced you she definitely told him

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

therobit posted:

Maybe just post content of your own if you don't like the content that others are posting?

i (and several other posters) are specifically asking people to post less content, so that wouldn't contribute anything

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
we don't need less content, we just have to shitpost faster

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

I feel like goons making GBS threads on weebs is basically the Spider-Man pointing at each other meme.

Except one of them is Spider-Man punching Green Goblin in the dick and the other is some fat neckbeard in a halloween mask and sweatpants looking at hentai and terrorizing his younger sister

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Adding my (worthless) opinion to the discussion I like what Smirking_Serpent does and while I think it's fine to politely ask things of others (and to politely accept if rejected) the people who are like "WE NEED TO LAY DOWN GROUND RULES" can get hosed.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Sagebrush posted:

also if it's just stories about cheating spouses/teenagers unsure if they should break up/poly drama please skip it unless there's something that makes it really excellent. i come here for stories like "my wife wants to eat my poop" or "my sister bought my OCD husband a $1500 bacteria detector that always tests positive," not generic dopey people trying to gently caress as many new people they can or figure out if they're in love.

an example of a good exception would be that couple where the fat wife starts going to crossfit and loses a ton of weight and starts hanging out with handsome part-time crossfit instructor Dr. Bob, while the fat husband sits at home and gains hundreds more pounds, and then the wife spontaneously says she's taking a trip alone to jamaica, and after she leaves the fat husband goes to the gym and is like "where is dr. bob, doesn't he teach a class today?" and all the regulars are like "he didn't say where he was going, but he did say NOT jamaica!". that's a good one.

just fewer of the "yes, your husband who keeps texting his ex all night long and who hasn't hosed you in four months is cheating." there's so much better content out there

That said, if for some reason the extraordinary content is running dry and the threat devolves into a horrible tangent feel free to post whatever you do have like a sort of stimulus package.

Rubellavator posted:

I may be speaking heresy but pete is not real and that's some mra creative writing exercise

Infidel.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

lady how did you spend 7 years married to a metal headliner and not realize that half your husband's audience is khaki-clad computer touchers

There was a family guy episode that dealt with something similar. According to that episode, her new boyfriend will be stoked that she had was married to his idol at one time.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

QuarkJets posted:

Adding my (worthless) opinion to the discussion I like what Smirking_Serpent does and while I think it's fine to politely ask things of others (and to politely accept if rejected) the people who are like "WE NEED TO LAY DOWN GROUND RULES" can get hosed.

Agreed, with the exception of really nasty posts featuring rape/child abuse, no one needs that poo poo in a thread for poop, Pete and poly drama

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lmao if you think im not going to post a hot take on a post i read a year ago.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Haifisch posted:

I [22 M] am doing a big standup show in a few weeks and I'm terrified my material is going to offend my friends & family attending.]

little did we know that in 2017 louis ck posted on reddit.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
It's gonna own if they have sex and he spends the entire time asking how his idol hosed her.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

My (29F) husband's (30M) friends are making me jealous

quote:

Sorry it's so long.

My husband and I moved to a new city about a year ago, and we don't have family or friends close to us any more. It's been a struggle for both of us, and I've noticed my husband's happiness has dropped because he doesn't have many of the people he loves around him any more.

All his life, my husband has had a core group of friends. He's not great at making new ones, but these guys have all stuck together since they were kids. They still see each other every month or two, taking turns to travel and stay with each other for weekends etc.

Besides that, we've relied a lot on each other. We're both introverts, so since moving we spend all our spare time together, mostly at home. We've always been a great team, but the last year we've become closer than ever because we've only really had each other.

Recently my husband found a new group of friends at his job. He's known them the whole time he's worked there, but they've become closer in the last few weeks, and are starting to socialize more outside of work. He's also on his phone more now, because they message each other in the group a lot. It's a mix of men and women, but there's nothing inappropriate for me to worry about, he shows me their conversations all the time because they share things that make him laugh, and he wants to show me too.

So here's the problem. I know it's wrong, and I don't like myself for it one bit, but I'm getting really jealous. For so long it's been "just us", and although at times I've felt cooped up, I've loved the closeness. I love coming home to an evening together watching movies or gaming every night. We've been in a little bubble together, and I think I've become very dependent on him.

On the one hand I think it's fantastic that he's found this group. He's happier, he's getting out of the house, he's got a new sense of belonging, it's all great stuff. I would never take that away from him.

So why do I feel so horrible about it? Every time he says he's going to hang out with them it feels like a knife to my gut. I'm disappointed about being alone while he's gone, I'm anxious that this new dynamic is going to change our relationship, I feel like I'm losing him. I worry that this emotional reaction is my instincts telling me that something is actually wrong.

This leads to a spiral of anxiety, and after an hour of worrying I've convinced myself I'm a terrible wife, he could do much better, he's starting to realise this and it's only a matter of time before he leaves me or cheats on me.

Logically this is absurd. We're absolutely in love with each other, we've been together ten years, we have rock solid trust, we know each other inside out, we have a great sex life etc. Besides a bit of bickering over silly things, it's almost perfect. I feel very lucky to have him, and he regularly tells me that he does too.

Now, I'm a big advocate for communication in relationships. It solves everything, right? So clearly I should just talk to him, share this all with him, and we'll figure it out?

But I really don't want to do that. This friendship is a new thing for him. If I start expressing my feelings to him he's going to doubt everything. He's going to associate his new friend group with hurting me, and he'll feel guilty about going out with them and messaging them.

I don't want to dampen his spirits. I also don't want to create a situation where he has to choose between us or have negative feelings about being part of the group. That's a bad road that could lead to him feeling controlled, possibly start hiding things from me, and a divide between us.

I firmly believe the best thing I can do is shut up, smile, and just try and deal with my own feelings quietly.

But I don't know how to do this. Is it normal that I'm feeling like this? And how can I help myself get past it without hurting my husband?

tl;dr My husband recently made some new friends, and it's bringing up a lot of bad feelings for me. I don't want to ruin this for him, but I'm struggling. What can I do?

In the comments people ask if she would be willing to tag along but she says she would be bored.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

QuarkJets posted:

Except one of them is Spider-Man punching Green Goblin in the dick and the other is some fat neckbeard in a halloween mask and sweatpants looking at hentai and terrorizing his younger sister

Which ones the goon.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Everyone remember this one?

Suing for medical expenses after disaster wedding? [MN, USA]

(self.legaladvice)
submitted 22 days ago * by nightmarewedding

quote:

Relevant background information: my husband has a condition called osteogenesis imperfecta, which makes his bones very fragile and susceptible to fractures. He uses a wheelchair because his bones are too weak to support his body weight.

This past weekend, we attended a friend's wedding. There was a (again, relevant info) fairly heavy young woman at our table who was drinking heavily, and was flirting very aggressively with my husband throughout the evening. I found out later that she's a cousin of the bride. He was very polite, but eventually started rebuffing her with decreasingly gentle hints, and told her that he was gay and that his husband was sitting right next to him.

A bit later, some tables were cleared and dancing began, which led us to believe that we were off the hook. The woman who had been bothering us was dancing with another guy, so we sat at the edge of the improvised dance floor and watched. After a while, however, she had disentangled from her dance partner and was dancing near us with a couple of female friends. Right as a song was ending, she leaned backward in an attempted flourish of sorts and "tripped" and ended up right in my husband's lap.

As I mentioned earlier, his bones are not up to supporting a ~200 lb weight suddenly dropping on him, and she ended up breaking both of his femurs and one of his ribs. It was a disaster -- we had to call an ambulance, he needed surgery on his right leg, he had to stay in the hospital for 4 nights, and he's going to be stuck in bed for a good long while. We do have decent health insurance, but it's looking like we can expect to pay ~$3000 out of pocket for the healthcare he received. Honestly, we don't have that kind of money lying around.

Our friend who got married has been in touch and was extremely apologetic about the situation. He and his new wife were absolutely not at fault, and I'd like to drag them through the mud as little as possible. I am, however, wondering if it is possible to sue the cousin at fault for the medical bills we now owe. After an evening of aggressive flirting, I frankly don't believe that she came over to us and then happened to fall exactly in my husband's lap purely by accident, but I don't have any proof that it was intentional. I'm certain that she didn't have any malicious intent, and that she had no idea that she was going to hurt him so badly by plopping herself on him the way she did. Even if it was purely a drunken stumble, does she bear any liability for the injuries she caused, even if they were unintentional?

Neither of us have contacted her at all since the wedding -- we'd never met beforehand, and I don't know quite how to casually ask a stranger for thousands of dollars. Based on her behavior at the wedding (the actions above, plus the fact that she peaced out as soon as it became apparent that she'd really hurt my husband, and she didn't get in touch again) I suspect that she's not going to be super willing to pitch in for medical expenses. Do we have any kind of case against her? Is it worth hiring a lawyer, or is that just going to add to the pit of debt that this wedding has put us into?

Well, we got an update:

[Update] Suing for medical expenses after disaster wedding? [MN, USA] (self.legaladvice)

submitted 3 hours ago * by nightmarewedding

quote:

I just wanted to post to provide an update to my previous post here: https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/a7v51t/suing_for_medical_expenses_after_disaster_wedding/. First off, thank you everyone for providing really helpful input -- my husband and I had pretty much just planned to pay the bills ourselves until we read through everyone's comments.

My husband got in touch with a personal injury lawyer shortly after I made the original post, and he said that she echoed a lot of the advice we saw on here (shoutout to u/lawgeek
for introducing me to the term "eggshell plaintiff", which was apparently the phrase of the hour when they talked). She said that he would almost certainly win a case against the drunk cousin, possibly for quite a substantial payout once lost wages and pain and suffering were taken into account. She added, however, that recovery could be a real issue, and the suit might not be worth pursuing if we didn't think the cousin would actually pay up. She said that he also could have a case under Minnesota's dram shop law against the bride and groom or (more likely) the bartending service they hired, but he’d likely get a much smaller settlement because of comparative fault laws. I got the name of the bartending service, and they definitely have liquor liability coverage.

I learned from the groom that the cousin is a bit of a train wreck in terms of fiscal responsibility, and that she's quite unlikely to be willing or able to pay any kind of settlement. So for now my husband's lawyer is helping him figure out how to bring a case against the bartenders. As I mentioned, it's unlikely that we'd get the full settlement (especially if he settles out of court, which I think he'd like to do if possible), but that's completely fine because the numbers she was citing were crazy high once pain and suffering, etc. were brought into play. Even a quite small fraction, if we were able to recover it, would help a lot.

As an aside, the drunk cousin apparently found out that we were considering suing her, because she found my husband on facebook and sent him a rather incoherent message about how the whole situation wasn't her fault because she couldn't have known he had OI, and in fact was HIS fault for not telling her. I guess she thinks he should just wear a sign at all times that says "I have brittle bones, please do not sit on me". I thought he should reply "Eggshell plaintiff, bitch!" but maturity won out at the end of the day and he didn't respond at all.

Otherwise, his fractures are healing well, which is a huge relief, and he's a lot more comfortable than he was the last time I posted. It's a little bit of a bummer that the cousin isn't going to be held accountable for her actions, but at least it's looking likely that we won't be on the hook for the bills we had to pay. Thanks again for the help, LA!

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

They're gonna sue the minimum wage bartenders? Seems hosed up.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Pretty sure she means the company that they work for, not the individual bartenders

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I dropped my newborn and I’m pretty sure the nurse is responsible

quote:

Late last February I had a baby. It may or may not be relevant in this story that I’m a single mom, in Seattle, that had a baby out of wedlock and now my entire family disowns me (though I am 24 and have never asked them for anything in my adult life). I went into labor at 1AM on a Tuesday morning. Meaning I had not slept from the previous day. I didn’t end up having the baby until 3 mins until midnight later that same day (about 23 hours later for those keeping score at home). And then the little baby decided to scream for the first 3 hours of life. Now it’s 3 AM, I haven’t slept in 48 hours. I’m exhausted. She finally goes to bed, and so do I for 4 hours before she eats again. Then I’m awake for the day.

Sometime around 2 PM, my daughter had spit up a bunch of amniotic fluid and started to silently choke on it. I am 400% confident in my infant Heimlich skills so I sit and watch to see if the issue resolves itself. When my kid started turning blue, I picked her up and tilted her and got all the fluid out and everything was fine. The only thing I could think was “thank god I was awake and watching.”

Night time comes, and the nurse comes by with my meds (I take Seroquel). I explained to the nurse that I know babies spit up a lot of fluid the first 24-36 hours of life and I explained what happened earlier, and that I wasn’t comfortable taking a med that is so sedating. After refusing the medication 3 times, the nurse convinced me that everything was going to be ok. She told me I was going to take the medicine, finish feeding the baby, and call her when I’m done she’ll swaddle the baby and place her on her side in case she does choke. I finally reluctantly agree. By this time I thought I was being a paranoid first time mom. Obviously this is what this nurse does for a living. Maybe things will be fine.

Except they weren’t. I ended up falling asleep while breastfeeding, and was so sedated by the medication, I dropped the baby on the floor next to me and was completely unresponsive to her cries. I finally woke up to alarms and lights and a team of nurses working on my baby across the room, and another 3 of them trying to wake me up. They explain to me what happened but I was so out of it nothing clicked. My nurse came in and said to me “this is why I told you to call me when you got done.” I didn’t see her again after that.

I had followed my baby to the NICU, and it wasn’t until I was sitting there in a room with 2 other fragile babies that it hit me what had happened and I panicked and left the room. They ended up transferring my babe just a few hours later to the bigger hospital across town.

CPS was called, and had my newborn placed into foster care until I could wean off of these meds and onto different meds (took about 2.5 weeks). CPS made all kinds of requirements in order to get her back, and then all kinds of requirements in order to keep her (45 hour a week intensive outpatient therapy, weekly visits with a child trauma therapist, weekly visits with a home nurse, weekly parenting classes, 15 hours a week from a lady who’s whole job was basically to provide support and make sure I’m not going to throw my baby out the window or down the garbage chute in my apartment). I ended up jobless when I was hospitalized for 2 weeks in my 9th month of pregnancy (a whole other issue, but I digress) however all these requirements made it impossible to get a new job....well get a new job and fulfill my obligations to keep my baby at home. Eventually I ran out of money and was evicted from my apartment.

We ended up homeless, and with an eviction on my otherwise spotless rental history/credit report. I’m still having problems finding places that will rent to me, a single mom with no cosigner, and we’re still living in a shelter (albeit a nice shelter).

Honestly my brain keeps popping back to that night following my daughter’s birth. Like if I had stood my ground and not have been bullied into taking meds I wasn’t comfortable with taking in the first place I truly, honestly believe that I would be in a VASTLY different place than I am today. I could’ve gotten a job instead of trying to appease CPS for the next 6 months. I could’ve paid my rent with money from my job. I wouldn’t have ever ended up homeless with such a HUGE blemish on my rental/credit history.

Do I have a case? Can I sue the hospital? I really can’t get over how I was treated that night by that nurse. It seriously changed my entire life. Or is it just one of those things that happened and now I have to deal with the consequences?

:staredog:

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

Motronic posted:

Everyone remember this one?

Suing for medical expenses after disaster wedding? [MN, USA]

(self.legaladvice)
submitted 22 days ago * by nightmarewedding

Well, we got an update:

[Update] Suing for medical expenses after disaster wedding? [MN, USA] (self.legaladvice)

submitted 3 hours ago * by nightmarewedding

Do not sue the poor bar tending service. Sue her anyways. The smaller checks for life will be their own rewards.

Xenocides fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jan 11, 2019

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yeah I’m really not sure how the service is culpable unless they like let her drink above some cut off point previously established

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Clark Nova posted:

Pretty sure she means the company that they work for, not the individual bartenders

Okay that makes a little more sense.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Uh, I feel like there are some major details omitted in that baby story.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

The dude definitely knows she's the ex, and their relationship is part of his obsession.

The thread could move slightly slower for my taste, but nonetheless thank you very much to everyone getting content.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Leon Einstein posted:

Uh, I feel like there are some major details omitted in that baby story.

Whether or not she's leaving something out, I feel like if the patient says "I do not want to take this medication yet because it will put me to sleep while I am holding my baby" that's kind of inarguable? Quetiapine is a powerful tranquilizer that absolutely knocks people out within minutes and the nurse should know that. She can say "okay, you can take the meds a bit later" or "I'll put your baby to bed right now." Telling someone "take these sedatives while holding your new baby and then call me to deal with it before you fall asleep" is ridiculous and sounds just pure laziness on the nurse's part.

What an awful story.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Yeah, but I meant more about the aftermath.

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

You dismally untalented little creep!

Sagebrush posted:

Whether or not she's leaving something out, I feel like if the patient says "I do not want to take this medication yet because it will put me to sleep while I am holding my baby" that's kind of inarguable? Quetiapine is a powerful tranquilizer that absolutely knocks people out within minutes and the nurse should know that. She can say "okay, you can take the meds a bit later" or "I'll put your baby to bed right now." Telling someone "take these sedatives while holding your new baby and then call me to deal with it before you fall asleep" is ridiculous and sounds just pure laziness on the nurse's part.

What an awful story.

Yeah, I don't like these stories. I prefer laughing at people that are too immature to be in their relationships and decide asking the internet for advice is the best solution.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I do not know anything about how long substances take to get into breast milk but should you be regularly taking a powerful sedative while nursing a baby?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

She definitely should have said "oh hey, that's my ex-husband! We could go for drinks next time he's in town if you wanna." and had him wrapped around her finger for the next century.