Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
If anyone needs it or knows someone who does:

quote:

FYI

The Capital Area Food bank will open five free pop-up markets this weekend for federal employees and contractors affected by the partial shutdown. Fresh produce and other groceries will be available from 9 a.m. to noon on Jan 12 at these locations:

1050 Brentwood Road NE
6800 Richmond Highway, Alexandria, Virginia
10480 Campus Way South, Largo, Maryland
7074 Allentown Road, Camp Springs, Maryland
12051 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland

Furloughed workers and contractors who are D.C. residents can visit Bread for the City’s Northwest or Southeast centers for a five-day supply of groceries. The Humane Rescue Alliance has a Pet Pantry that federal workers who live in D.C. can use to help feed their animals.

(From Roll Call)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Lede buried: they're still accepting donations through his website where they're going to ATTEMPT TO BUILD IT THEMSELVES

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

The redhat grifter tears about this will be spectacular.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Tatsuta Age posted:

I couldn’t ever be a interviewer cause I swear I’d deck this stupid sonofabitch

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1083821948814143489?s=21

If you think about it, being unemployed is just a long vacation! Oh god please someone hire me. :negative:

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Groovelord Neato posted:

our very stupid system doesn't allow us to do this.

fix the system

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Asema posted:

fix the system

Why didn't we think of that

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Lemming posted:

This is really stupid, you realize the shutdown is not the Democrats' fault right?

gently caress ‘em. Republicans would be hurt far worse and if this was a thing shutdowns just wouldn’t happen

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Asema posted:

fix the system

the method by which we fix the system is also incredibly stupid and far too difficult.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Tatsuta Age posted:

I couldn’t ever be a interviewer cause I swear I’d deck this stupid sonofabitch

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1083821948814143489?s=21

That is the most "Let them eat cake" thing I have heard in a while. Jesus christ...that is so tone deaf

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Arrgytehpirate posted:

gently caress ‘em. Republicans would be hurt far worse and if this was a thing shutdowns just wouldn’t happen

This might be the dumbest take about the shutdown so far. Good going.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Ripoff posted:

Also what the gently caress is with his transition from TV show actor to movie star, then back to TV game show host? I can’t imagine a knock-off of American Gladiators is paying that well.

I think it's because when he first became an actor, nobody gave a poo poo. Only when he started doing movies that embraced and attracted his wrestling audience did he find success. He was able to transition into an actual Hollywood actor, but I think he realizes that without his core audiences he could fade away from Hollywood like other non-actors who became actors have. People like Ronda Rousey became media sensations but faded away once their original audience lost interest. I think he's trying to build audiences in different markets now: wrestling, these weird game shows for the fitness/crossfit crowd, etc. so he'll always have a wide market of people interested in him.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

PhazonLink posted:

Also also why doesnt he use his amazing muscles and brain to psychic the wall bricks?
This is as good a time as any to repost my Voldo-Trump with sexy steel slat action (original character do not steel steal):

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Federal employee, selling organs to pay his child's hospital bill: Tripadvisor is certainly going to hear about this vacation!!!

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Crow Jane posted:

If anyone needs it or knows someone who does:

To add to Crow Janes post if you want to donate to a food bank donate money instead of food. Giving food means they have to hire sorting staff and often end up tossing most of it. With money donations that can buy wholesale fresh fruit and veggoes a lot cheaper and get a heck of a lot more food for needy families without a lot overhead.

Edit: LightningKnight, maybe the next fundraiser could be for foodbanks?

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

lol

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/DanCrenshawTX/status/1083818371647447040

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Ague Proof posted:

Rick Scott delayed his swearing in for no real reason. He's now behind three Republicans from states where they will be re-elected indefinitely, two of which are younger than him. He's 66.

https://twitter.com/theodorejhanna/status/1083528534482698240

you know, that's a perfectly fine sentence (especially since the judge knocked it way the hell down)

it's probably a good idea for flamethrowers to be illegal

hope his legal fees didn't cost him a zillion bucks

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Asema posted:

fix the system

Though that specifically wouldn't fix our system, due to other differences.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

very glad snl had this guy on to apologize to him.

pocket pool
Aug 4, 2003

B U T T S

Bleak Gremlin

You fuckin' dopes couldn't get anything done when you controlled the Senate and House so shut up.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

GreyjoyBastard posted:

it's probably a good idea for flamethrowers to be illegal

Yes but it's also good for Nazis to be lit on fire, so there's no easy answer.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I appreciate everyone in the replies going "you mean like a week ago"

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Yes, Republicans taking hostages when they don't get what they want is indeed something to think about

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

pocket pool posted:

You fuckin' dopes couldn't get anything done when you controlled the Senate and House so shut up.

You don't even have to go that far back, this shutdown was started when republicans still controlled the house, lol

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Wow, he's even dumber than the average cyclops.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Despite controlling all branches it’s kinda surprising they were able to build a “we could have done everything if not for the Democratic Minority” narrative that doesn’t get called out enough

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

"nobody's owning me."

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

:gowron: jesus CHRIST

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
I'm honestly surprised how hard Dan is getting dragged in the replies.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

https://twitter.com/JamesSurowiecki/status/1083822672889425921?s=19

Apparently even the guy running a child internment camp has a breaking point

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Guze posted:

https://twitter.com/JamesSurowiecki/status/1083822672889425921?s=19

Apparently even the guy running a child internment camp has a breaking point

When you're too evil for the private prison industry

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I was curious to know how conservative radio is handling all of this, so I tuned in, and... the host was trying to mock Jim Acosta for a video he did on the border, and he was citing Cher as a sign that Democrats are losing.

There really are two Americas.

e: this is how Cher tweets, for reference
https://twitter.com/cher/status/1082872127445917697

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

The Glumslinger posted:

When you're too evil for the private prison industry

"Look, I'll run your baby prison, but even I have my limits."

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

What did Cher do?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

People still pay attention to Cher?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Crow Jane posted:

What did Cher do?

She remained a Queen.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

What the gently caress is up with WV? Also, god drat it Louisiana you disappoint me.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

KillHour posted:

People still pay attention to Cher?

only those who believe in life after love.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Crow Jane posted:

What did Cher do?

The host claimed she'd begged Democrats to give in and fund the wall so that the government could be funded. He seemed to think she was a barometer for the "Hollywood elite"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

Hey is it the right time, just before we get a bunch of feel-good stories about who's waiving late fees for Federal workers, to point out that late fees in general are some bullshit in the first place and should not be a profit center for huge corporations at all?

Wylie fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jan 11, 2019