Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Allarion posted:

I wouldn't count on it. They only barely realized that Lisa is Lisa and not Risa, and basically have been ignorant of any work done on the game or even the prior season or bang dream pico.
At the very least they did go back and fix the horrendous translation mistake they made in the first episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

did they let hina say boppin' yet

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Sentai’s put out grossly inaccurate scripts for lots of shows. Why would anything get them to change now?

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Endorph posted:

ill level and say the girls had much more chemistry with each other so when it became more about them talking to guys outside of the context of each other, i lost interest hard

*grabs harisen*

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Just watched Cat Roommate... I'm happy.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Went in blind to The Promised Neverland; highly recommend others do the same.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
A hearty :laffo: at Price of Smiles pulling a ’killing off the male lead’ fakeout, then immediately revealing the fakeout was a fake fakeout and they really killed him, he just died offscreen instead.

Like literally, ’Joshua died on the way back to his home planet’

Apraxin fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jan 11, 2019

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
That would have been far more effective if he actually showed up in the opening and ending instead of the real second protagonist.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jan 11, 2019

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
I decided to watch the first episode of some new isekai show on crunchyroll because it has an almost perfect user score and yikes.

I think I'm very out of touch with the crunchyroll audience because that wasn't good at all.

RottenK fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jan 12, 2019

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

RottenK posted:

I decided to watch the first episode of some new isekai show on crunchyroll because it has and almost perfect user score and yikes.

I think I'm very out of touch with the crunchyroll audience because that wasn't good at all.

Oh god, it wasn't Shield Hero, was it?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Are there any other isekais on CR this season that aren't carryovers from last season?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Kwyndig posted:

Are there any other isekais on CR this season that aren't carryovers from last season?

I tend to assume there's a certain background constant of shovelware isekais on the major streaming sites.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Darth Walrus posted:

Oh god, it wasn't Shield Hero, was it?

I checked again and that's the one yes. It was really bad and I don't get why it has a hundred glowing reviews.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Shield Hero has a 4.9 out of 5 on Crunchyroll with zero 1 votes.

I was expecting it to be high (I assume that like most self-selecting reviews every show skews toward 5) but not that high

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
The internet is terrible is why

kater
Nov 16, 2010

What on earth is that fantasy guitar sword bagpipes thing that the nurse in the Magical Girl Spec-Ops Asuka poster is wielding. The reviews make it seem like the show is worthless grimdark bs but I really want to know what that thing is and must watch.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

kater posted:

What on earth is that fantasy guitar sword bagpipes thing that the nurse in the Magical Girl Spec-Ops Asuka poster is wielding. The reviews make it seem like the show is worthless grimdark bs but I really want to know what that thing is and must watch.

It's a giant syringe. She's the healer.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Deeply unimpressed with Spec-Ops. I wasn't expecting it to be great, but I was expecting more than this.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

LibrarianCroaker posted:

Deeply unimpressed with Spec-Ops. I wasn't expecting it to be great, but I was expecting more than this.

The staff is pretty underwhelming, so even being well-executed trash might have been an unreasonably high expectation for it.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

RottenK posted:

I decided to watch the first episode of some new isekai show on crunchyroll because it has an almost perfect user score and yikes.

RottenK posted:

I checked again and that's the one yes. It was really bad and I don't get why it has a hundred glowing reviews.

Crunchyroll's forums are home to some of the WORST people you're gonna find in he entirety of the nerd fandom even compared to places like Reddit and 4chan. That show speaks to them on a fundamental level on their views as people. That's why the scores are high. That and "to get back at the SJW's, Snowflakes, libtards, feminazi's, and white knights who virtue signal and are trying to kill and censor the medium". Yes that is an actual quote I got from MAL and Crunchyroll. You can combine this with Tubers who are more than happy to indulge these mindsets.

As an aside, watch Slime instead. It's incredibly good.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

no need for the dissection and analysis of random offsite posters and communities imo

we know shield hero has unsavory elements and there are also some lovely people attaching themselves to a controversy for whatever reasons. it's still just a niche cartoon that is better off being left to fade from memory.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Watch cat roommate. Wanna pet the kitty.

Patrat
Feb 14, 2012

Furnaceface posted:

Is this still a valid recommendation if I actually have two rear end in a top hat kittens living with me and can pet their floofy cuteness whenever they decide to permit me?

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

First episode of Neverland was pretty good. The tiny faces are weird and the reveal was a bit on the nose, but otherwise it was a good setup. I'm going in completely blind, so I'm curious to see where it will go.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Why do people say Promised Neverland has tiny faces? Tiny how? I don't notice anything?

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

It's probably their eyes to be honest. Sometimes there's a lot of space between the features and the outlines of the face too.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
they got a lotta head and not that much face on it

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

RottenK posted:

Try Slime Isekai instead. Can't stress this enough.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Patrat posted:

Is this still a valid recommendation if I actually have two rear end in a top hat kittens living with me and can pet their floofy cuteness whenever they decide to permit me?

Yes.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

Furnaceface posted:

It was cute, but I felt myself questioning if anyone writing this has ever actually kept a cat.

A cat that likes someone would more likely be trying to sleep on their lap/keyboard/desk/etc.
A cat wouldn't bring regular cat food to your door, they would bring mice or birds they had caught.
A cat wouldn't drop cat food crumbs in the hallway but would instead puke a bunch of it up there along with a hairball and leave that for you to step on.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

I Was Reincarnated as a Cat and I Have No Idea What I’m Doing!

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Darth Walrus posted:

The staff is pretty underwhelming, so even being well-executed trash might have been an unreasonably high expectation for it.

Fair. I wouldn't recognize anime staff even if I had looked.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Agronox posted:

I think this might just be every cat.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
The OP for My Roommate is a Cat is super cute :kimchi:

Someone needs to make a gif of the tail wagging part.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

LibrarianCroaker posted:

I was about to say that I thought it was OK, but really, I'm not quite sure what to make of it. It reminded me a bit of a discussion from the fall season thread:

klapman posted:

<with the explicit knowledge that this is more cause of the stuff I read/watch than any real trend in anime/manga/visual novels> why does everything gotta end in motherfuckers fighting ISIS

Except here it doesn't end that way so much as start that way. But there's this weird tension between the more grounded talk about how modern wars don't really end and you can't stop terrorist groups just by killing the leaders, on one hand, and the campy-edgy 80s-OVA way that the attack by the human terrorist and the heroine's fight against them is portrayed, on the other hand. How seriously are we supposed to take all this, exactly? I guess I wouldn't be overthinking it this much if I didn't find the show interesting on some level. I guess I'm 3-episode-testing it.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Indiana_Krom posted:

It was cute, but I felt myself questioning if anyone writing this has ever actually kept a cat.

A cat that likes someone would more likely be trying to sleep on their lap/keyboard/desk/etc.
A cat wouldn't bring regular cat food to your door, they would bring mice or birds they had caught.
A cat wouldn't drop cat food crumbs in the hallway but would instead puke a bunch of it up there along with a hairball and leave that for you to step on.

The cat is a stray which explains the not curling up thing and its clearly indoors the whole time so there no way to leave headless bird/mouse corpses at the door. :colbert:

The puked up food and hairballs one Ill give you though.

Agronox posted:

I would watch the poo poo out of this.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Indiana_Krom posted:

Hmmm, well I'm sorry that you never had a cat that actually liked you.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Furnaceface posted:

The cat is a stray which explains the not curling up thing and its clearly indoors the whole time so there no way to leave headless bird/mouse corpses at the door. :colbert:

The puked up food and hairballs one Ill give you though.

I would watch the poo poo out of this.

https://mangadex.org/title/23716/wanwan-monogatari-kanemochi-no-inu-n-shite-to-wa-itta-ga-fenrir-ni-shiro-to-wa-itte-nee

Guy dies from overwork and requests to be reincarnated as a rich families lapdog. Reincarnates as lapdog...except he's Fenrir and in a month grows up to be the size of horse. Family notices nothing wrong and continues to provide lots of belly rubs and steak.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

That is a dog, not a cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

a kitten posted:

Anime: From the New World

Non anime, in fact it's a novel: Never Let Me Go
(There is a movie, but it was kinda eh)

ViggyNash posted:

Everyone should watch From The New World no matter what.

Without getting too much into spoilers, thank you so much for this recommendation. That was utterly fantastic. It's so good to see shows delving into issues like safety, security, right to life, dystopia, eugenics, control, and power. What I really enjoyed about it was it made the threat to safety (usually the justification for surveillance, and in this case eugenics and murder) credible, basically home grown terrorists taken to their extreme in the form of physic children. But even with that threat to a society it draws out on how repressive security measures are detrimental to security societies longevity/real safety/wellbeing. No matter what weapon you build eventually it will be taken from you and used against you. No matter how hard you look for threats within and without eventually you will make a mistake enemies will hurt you. Insulated lied to citizens result in sheltered dumb citizenry. No matter how hard you dehumanize a population, you will fail to maintain your privileged position forever. It's incredibly anti authoritarian/anti second class citizenship/slavery/censorship etc and that's really neat.