Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

To the first point, iirc it wasn't the producers telling her to stir stuff up again but Gia doing it because she knows it's good reality TV material. She says something along the lines of Farrah not really 'getting' it the way someone like Trinity does w/r/t playing poo poo up for the camera, so Farrah took it badly since she had no heads up.

She also said that on the Snatch Game walkthrough (both Monet and Gia have mentioned Ru doing walkthroughs that haven't made the cut all season) she confronted Ru about his past comments about trans contestants, since she felt like filler who was only there to make Ru and the show look good, and got barely a response from him. She considered quitting but decided against it, so season six wouldn't remain the season of queens who quit (Adore, Dela). She attributes Ru's standoffishness to why she was in her feelings so much at the end of the episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I firmly believe that no one was more that surprised Gia made it to the third episode than Gia.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

^burtle posted:

I firmly believe that no one was more that surprised Gia made it to the third episode than Gia.

Yeah, I bet she's shook she lasted past the second episode. If not for her pulling out the kabuki for episode one I bet she'd be shook she didn't last past that one.

I can understand not wanting to believe anything Gia says, but she's pretty drat well respected and loved amongst so many queens who I believe to probably be solid, good people that I have no issue personally believing her side of the story. Gia's reality show gold 'cause she feels the full bitch diva fantasy when she's in drags. I wholly believe there's more to her than just being nasty on TV. Whether she's smart or not I can't really judge tbh.

I do wish she'd taken a different approach to the show, especially if she was feeling the way she did about being back in this male dominated space, one where the last time she was there she was still male presenting and struggling with herself. Coming back into that and feeling like you have to slip back into those shoes must suck, and I think that's a story worth telling. It would have been nice to see her three episodes focus more on that experience. That said I do love the drama she brings and had fun watching her be shady as hell-- 'cause lbr a lot of the nasty poo poo she was saying, outside of the personal stuff with her and Farrah, was p true, she was just being a bitch about it.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

zelah posted:

Gia’s aggressively stupid so I don’t believe anything she says.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I'm just sitting here thinking about how Gia planned to do Jenny Bui before the show even started and that's a new tier of dumb that I can't believe

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Eej posted:

I'm just sitting here thinking about how Gia planned to do Jenny Bui before the show even started and that's a new tier of dumb that I can't believe

Yeah I mean I’m sort of with esperetta on gia in general but imagine spending that amount of time planning it and having zero self reflections about how it may bomb

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yeah that was a choice lmao

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

God knows what COVIDs you people have

esperterra posted:

(both Monet and Gia have mentioned Ru doing walkthroughs that haven't made the cut all season)

THAT'S what feels so weird about this season! I couldn't put my finger on why this season felt so weird and I think that's what's gone, a lot of the usual interactions with Ru are missing. It's like, Drag Race feat. RuPaul and not so much RuPaul's Drag Race. I mean yeah, he's got dumb opinions on women (trans and bio), but there's so many formatting changes this season it's knocked me off balance. I'm seeing all these familiar faces but on a totally different show, I feel like I've got Capgras syndrome

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Honestly...

Ru is...

...a really, really bad host in a lot of ways. He´s stiff, overly-rehearsed, and no longer really seems engaged or interested. I'd be fine with him making token appearances while Michelle Visage did everything else.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

It's weird. I don't mind no mini challenges on an All Stars season, but zero walkthroughs throws me way off.

e: ^^ it sucks cause when Ru is invested, he's a great host. He's felt more and more detached over the years and only seems super into it when he really loves a queen ala Aquaria last season

I hope RPDR UK breathes some life back into him.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

When would there be time to show Ru's visits? If they are doing All-Star Rules, then make the episodes two hours to include it.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I think it's less a lack of time (AS2 and 3 managed to include walkthroughs) and more nothing substantial happening during Ru's visits. Sounds like nothing worth seeing has been said, other than Gia confronting him which was never going to make it to air anyway.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I feel like the walkthroughs make more sense in regular seasons where we're supposed to be seeing "green" queens. All Stars is supposed to be vets showcasing why they're the cream of the crop. Kind of like how I don't miss seeing them filming the challenges and then having to watch the challenge before critiques.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Drag race Thailand returns this week. So excited for more Panpan.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

CaptainScraps posted:

Legit more excited about this than I was for All Stars. I hope that same translator/team subs it, their subs + culture/language explanations were great.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

CaptainScraps posted:

what WHAT WHAAAAAAAT

Holy poo poo holy loving poo poo oh my god

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

I need a gif of Monique reacting to Manila making Ru laugh like, immediately

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

aaaahhhhh gently caress Trinity, what was that

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

oh this rules shift is fantastic, can all all stars seasons use this from now on

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Wait

whaaaat?

Wait wait wait.

whaaaaaat?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

THANK YOU RU THAT WAS AWESOME

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Having watched the preview for next week all I have to say is OH MY GOD

Also Naomi's runway was so good

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

The Berzerker posted:

I also liked how many prince puns she crammed into her runway voiceover

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

The Berzerker posted:

:yeah:

I'm waiting on Naomi to make Top 2 at some point.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Whalley posted:

Wait

whaaaat?

Wait wait wait.

whaaaaaat?

Finally a good reality TV twist on All Stars

D R A M A

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Tendai posted:

Legit more excited about this than I was for All Stars. I hope that same translator/team subs it, their subs + culture/language explanations were great.

I was going to try to make an effortpost about this but didn't have time this week but here's the quick and dirty cast list stolen from the official Twitter.

I'm very excited and hopefully this will be subtitled and posted as quickly as last season's. I'll be keeping an eye out again.

Tons of big images below, so scroll past if you don't care. [Mods: If this is page breaking or not okay let me know and I'll edit them out immediately.]

DRAG RACE THAILAND SEASON 2 CAST:

Arya & Pan Pan (I'm straight but I might be gay for Pangina?)

Angele Anang

Bandit

Genie

Kana Warrior

Kandy Zyanide

Katy Killer

M Stranger Fox

Maya B'Haro

Miss Gimhuay

Mocha Diva

Silver Sonic

Srimala

Tormhai

Vanda Miss Joaquim

Aerox fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Jan 12, 2019

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Aerox posted:

I was going to try to make an effortpost about this but didn't have time this week but here's the quick and dirty cast list stolen from the official Twitter.

I'm very excited and hopefully this will be subtitled and posted as quickly as last season's. I'll be keeping an eye out again.

Tons of big images below, so scroll past if you don't care. [Mods: If this is page breaking or not okay let me know and I'll edit them out immediately.]

Arya & Pan Pan

Angele Anang

Bandit

Genie

Kana Warrior

Kandy Zyanide

Katy Killer

M Stranger Fox

Maya B'Haro

Miss Gimhuay

Mocha Diva

Silver Sonic

Srimala

Tormhai

Vanda Miss Joaquim

I'm in love with silver sonic

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Man, I was so mad at Ru for a second there. Monet HAD that lipsync down pat and should've won the chance for deciding the chop, but I like this twist more.

Who do you think each queen picked for the chop?

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

jit bull transpile posted:

I'm in love with silver sonic

I'm very into Silver Sonic, Kana Warrior, and Vanda Miss Joaquim.

I'm extremely iffy on Bandit and Genie.

I'm really confused by Srimala.. I don't THINK I like the photo or the expression or really anything about it, but there's something really compelling about it. She almost doesn't look real?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

:discourse:

So happy to see Bunny finally on Drag Race proper. Drag U doesn't count.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Pan Dulce posted:

Man, I was so mad at Ru for a second there. Monet HAD that lipsync down pat and should've won the chance for deciding the chop, but I like this twist more.

Who do you think each queen picked for the chop?

As soon as she said Manila I knew it was going to be a double win. How could it not be, Monet had them ROLLING.

I'm fairly sure Monet picked Valentina.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Aerox posted:

Arya & Pan Pan (I'm straight but I might be gay for Pangina?)

Angele Anang

Bandit

Genie

Kana Warrior

Kandy Zyanide

Katy Killer

M Stranger Fox

Maya B'Haro

Miss Gimhuay

Mocha Diva

Silver Sonic

Srimala

Tormhai

Vanda Miss Joaquim

In the words of Katya, these promo looks are sen-sa-tio-nal :allears:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Manila and Monet's chemistry on stage during the lipsync :3:

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Fun twist, but with that reveal at the end, I realized that we're going to having to deal with loving jasmine again. Here's to hoping that she gets eliminated as fast as humanly possible, a third time.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Blasphejush

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer
God drat Manilla has been killing it this season. Glad to see her doing so well.

So happy to see lip sync for your life returning. Nothing lights a fire like the threat of elimination. Besides, it allows queens who underperformed in a challenge to really shine.

Also yay new Drag Race Thailand! :neckbeard:

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?

Nihonniboku posted:

Fun twist, but with that reveal at the end, I realized that we're going to having to deal with loving jasmine again. Here's to hoping that she gets eliminated as fast as humanly possible, a third time.

Don't be hateful.

Aerox posted:

Kana Warrior

Possibly the best promo photo I've seen from one of these shows. Kim Chi really got stuck putting this on flyers for years and this girl gets a badass high kick.

warez fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jan 12, 2019

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Eej posted:

Manila and Monet's chemistry on stage during the lipsync :3:

:yeah:

I was all pissed when Ru announced Manila's win, but then they turned it around and it was awesome.

e: OH gently caress I just realized I'm going to be at my cousin's wedding reception during next week's episode... :gonk:

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Pinwiz11 posted:

e: OH gently caress I just realized I'm going to be at my cousin's wedding reception during next week's episode... :gonk:
Weddings come and go, but Drag Race... Drag Race requires commitment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

I am living for the impending drama next episode, but at the same time I was like “oh for gently caress's sake” at the crying Farrah Moan in the preview