Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I'd pick on Mista for instantly loving up the minute he steps outside the turtle but honestly I dont think anyone would predict an intangible fishing hook to gank them like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
Whoever guessed jewelry box, congrats, you got closest.

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
Also, this was one of the grossest episodes. With the tooth, crumbling fingernails and hook under the skin. Pretty unpleasant, but fun as hell.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

multijoe posted:

There is precedent for animals being shot with the Arrow for shits and giggles ...

Also is it me or did Prosciutto sound exactly like Jotaro? Was that Jotaro's VA?
Nope, that was Tatsuhisa Suzuki, who I best know as Makoto from Free or Noctis from Final Fantasy XV, but has also been in Megalobox, Blend S and The Perfect Insider

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I like GioGio a lot :)

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Is the OP still Fighting Gold or do we not have an OP this week?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Nine of Eight posted:

Keichou/ Rohan's Dad (can't remember) shot two different rats for giggles and you're shocked at the idea someone shot a turtle??

It was Akira, and it seemed there that he was just loving around with his newly-stolen arrow. The turtle is placed in a position of great trust and importance in the Boss's plan, and turtles are fairly uncommon in a city compared to rats.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's still Fighting Gold.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I appreciate that Prosciutto wears a long necklace with the first letter of his name as a pendant.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Slight plot hole: They mention Grateful Dead ages Women slower than Men but that mother was aging the same rate as her baby. Maybe she was really hot for some reason.

ChaosArgate posted:

Is the OP still Fighting Gold or do we not have an OP this week?

Still Fighting Gold which means probably new opening next week.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I honestly think we won't get a new OP, I feel like we've usually heard the name of the song and the band doing it a bit before we get a new one.

Electric Phantasm posted:

I appreciate that Prosciutto wears a long necklace with the first letter of his name as a pendant.
Abbacchio as an A belt buckle and the brim of Mista's lil hat makes an M so i think this is just Passione fashion

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

RatHat posted:

Slight plot hole: They mention Grateful Dead ages Women slower than Men but that mother was aging the same rate as her baby. Maybe she was really hot for some reason.

Still Fighting Gold which means probably new opening next week.

That baby looked about the same age as the mother.

The baby was aging way faster.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

RatHat posted:

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Aah, yes. When there is a discrepancy in who is getting affected by a superpower the changes in body temperature between men and women due to the difference in body fat is my immediate thought. Is that even true? If so then shouldn't fat people not be affected either?

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Anyone who has a female significant other can sympathize with hugging them first thing in the morning and feeling like you're hugging a snowman.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

CJ posted:

Aah, yes. When there is a discrepancy in who is getting affected by a superpower the changes in body temperature between men and women due to the difference in body fat is my immediate thought. Is that even true? If so then shouldn't fat people not be affected either?

No, because they're men and they don't have as much fat.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

CJ posted:

Grateful Dead is one of those things in Jojo that you probably shouldn’t overthink, but my assumption is that the bad guys were OK with fat people being unaffected because everyone on Bruno’s team is in good shape anyway.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Anyone who has a female significant other can sympathize with hugging them first thing in the morning and feeling like you're hugging a snowman.

My girlfriend turns into a raging ball of fire when she goes to sleep so I dunno about this

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Every time I close my eyes, I wake up feeling so chilly.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I spent this morning catching up and I haven't seen the latest episode yet, but I noticed something interesting that I didn't catch when I originally read this part. I don't think Little Feet and Man in the Mirror are necessarily great fights or anything, but they both do something I find really compelling that most other Stand fights don't: the enemy has to fight just as hard as the heroes to try to win. Formaggio obviously has a Stand that even other characters consider weak, so of course he's going to be improvising and reacting to Narancia just as much as Narancia is to him, but Illuso seems like a character who in most other circumstances would have a Stand that would let him absolutely coast through the fight. Instead, he here has to fend off Abacchio's guile to both sneak Moody Blues into the mirror world and get the key to Giorno, excise the flesh off his own hand to escape Purple Haze's virus, and attempt to stop Purple Haze's fist in a last-ditch attempt to survive. Death 13 is the obvious comparison in terms of powerset, where by contrast it seemed like it was all hosed until Kakyoin tricked him and won. Other fights like Enigma or even Soft Machine and Kraft Work from this part primarily rely on the heroic Stand user being forced into a corner where they're constantly reacting to the enemy's gambits, their Stand seems like a poor match against the villain's, or they're even just completely lost as to the actual nature of the enemy Stand.

It feels like the last time we've really seen the heroes and the villain on more-or-less equal footing outside of parts of DIO or Kira's fights was like, bits of Vanilla Ice, and even there two heroes died, one got maimed repeatedly, and most of that fight was desperate and brutal for them. It's interesting that it's different here. Anyway, this next fight is loving incredible and I'm very excited for it.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
i really hate those noises Pesci's neck makes

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY-oMCmrvPM

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Old giogio is pretty hot

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

dordreff posted:

i really hate those noises Pesci's neck makes

they own

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

more like fighting old haha

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Old Mista is surprisingly non-feeble compared to the others, and aside from Naranchia's knife he's the only one of them that has a weapon that doesn't require his Stand power to be deadly

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
*cocks pistol*

THE STAND WAR

STAAAARTS

NOOOOOOWWWWW

Moriveth
Jul 24, 2004

I'm sorry, I have to take this call.
Oh man, this latest episode is just sick as HELL.

I’m a big fan of The Grateful Dead turning into The Thankful Death though

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD4sxxoJGkA

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_x2m6i4KFqg

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

overmind2000 posted:

Old Mista is surprisingly non-feeble compared to the others, and aside from Naranchia's knife he's the only one of them that has a weapon that doesn't require his Stand power to be deadly

That's cause he did not age as fast.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

MonsterEnvy posted:

That's cause he did not age as fast.

I know, but he still looks better than Narancia did before Naracia's equivalent old state became super-old.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Yeah Narancia had teeth falling out before he was even going grey.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
some people age poorly

mista was also standing in front of the fridge for like three minutes

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
This is one of my very favourite fights in Jojo coming up. Also, I'm a big fan of whenever a game or a book or whatever features a magic hideout you can chill in.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
MISTER PRESIDENT

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I’m a big fan of David Pro’s apparent decision that Pesci’s head actually has the texture of a rubber balloon

Augus fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Jan 12, 2019

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Augus posted:

I’m a big fan on David Pro’s apparent decision that Pesci’s head actually has the texture of a rubber balloon

Don't get me started on Pesci's neck.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

RatHat posted:

Don't get me started on Pesci's neck.

what neck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Tunicate posted: