Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

VH4Ever posted:

So what then, give in to their demands?

No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

VH4Ever posted:

So what then, give in to their demands?

Stop calling them racist.
Admit they're right about everything.
Vote Republican.

That might be enough to placate them.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Ague Proof posted:

Stop calling them racist.
Admit they're right about everything.
Vote Republican.

Should probably date/gently caress them too, don't want them turning into incels

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Crow Jane posted:

Should probably date/gently caress them too, don't want them turning into incels

And die poor and unfulfilled. Wouldn't want the breadline to sully the view from their condo.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I figure not getting the wall may cause violence for a few but in the long run more likely to lead to demoralisation and even depressing the vote, the message that they're not getting what they want and their god has failed.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I figure not getting the wall may cause violence for a few but in the long run more likely to lead to demoralisation and even depressing the vote, the message that they're not getting what they want and their god has failed.

It's not going to inspire someone to violence, so much as it's going to give someone already inclined to do it the go sign.

A lot of the spree shootings we've seen are people that are already mentally ill, but Trump has given them the go sign. That sign could be anything, but having a race baiting conspiracy theorist in the highest office of the land has validated all the voices in their heads.

That's not giving Trump or RW lunatics a pass in any sense, mind you. But in the end these militia members with their fantasies of overthrowing local government are just that.

They'll all just duck their heads down, say they're "independents" when polled instead of republican, and wait for the next thing the television tells them to be upset about.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Ghost Leviathan posted:

That's my read on it. They slink back to their shantys and go back underground into their local White Power groups. gently caress 'em. I want the comeuppance to be hard on them, very hard. Hopefully they lose their life savings in the process.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

I know it's already happening to a certain extent but how long can it be before there is a mass 'gently caress this' and everbody who works in TSA and other similar functions just all call in sick and things just grind to a halt.

Pasty Doughboy
Dec 23, 2006
With red way hair. One day it will all be gone, I’ll go blind from the glare
My pet theory is that Trump is shutting down the government so he doesn’t have to undergo his physical.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
The system works.

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1083918267000016896

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Lightning Knight posted:

Somebody please tell me John Cena is still good. :ohdear:

No one has seen him do anything bad.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Deptfordx posted:

I know it's already happening to a certain extent but how long can it be before there is a mass 'gently caress this' and everbody who works in TSA and other similar functions just all call in sick and things just grind to a halt.

No one knows but it looks like air travel will die by a thousand cuts instead of one moment of coordinated action.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Deptfordx posted:

I really think this is how it ends. Anyone who as worked in service or retail knows it is moving mountains to get people to do extra work like staying late for inventory days or whatever. Good lord I do not want to have to try and get TSA agents or ATCs or whoever to keep coming in for no pay. Morale has to already be in the toilet, and its only going to fester and get worse as everyone bitches together.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1084117143988461571

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I'm reading this article now but my favorite knife in her back was that she didn't want to work very hard on stories or fact checking, because that's not how they do it at Fox News.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

I'm actually suprised how tolerant these people are. I'm just imagining trying to get people to carry on working these jobs for 22+ days with absolutely no prospect of being paid in the UK and I just can't see it happening. People would just flat refuse to show up after the first missed paycheck.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

he wants to go play golf so bad, lol

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Deptfordx posted:

It's funny but Trump's shutdown is setting up all conditions for a general strike to actually happen now.

not joseph stalin
Dec 30, 2008

It's amazing how thoroughly he can own himself with only 140 characters. "Chaos? What are they talking about! There's no chaos, we don't even have enough staff to have chaos!! It's just one old man with dementia and a twitter account, barely keeping the lights on!"

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

haveblue posted:

No one knows but it looks like air travel will die by a thousand cuts instead of one moment of coordinated action.

My business lives and dies by travel, my employees are already reporting the lines are getting bad at TSA. :(

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
In fact, there’s almost nobody in the W.H. but me,

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1084119654841364480

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

WHO ELSE IS IN THE WHITE HOUSE???? I NEED TO KNOW

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Lol @ using the "elections have consequences" line right after he lost the House

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

The Amazon Washington Post

Now he’s just combining unrelated things he doesn’t like

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

El Burbo posted:

Amazon owns WaPo

So I take it his plan is to pout until he gets his way?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Ague Proof posted:

In fact, there’s almost nobody in the W.H. but me,

except you lost the house dipshit.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Crow Jane posted:

Amazon owns WaPo

It does not, Jeff Bezos does.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

El Burbo posted:

Jeff bezos owns wapo

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

DaveWoo posted:

Lol @ using the "elections have consequences" line right after he lost the House

Indeed elections do have consequences! One of which is you're not getting your stupid wall.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Pakled posted:

It does not, Jeff Bezos does.

Maybe his ex-wife will get it in the settlement.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1084121557193146368

wow, what the gently caress.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Imagine owning yourself that hard.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

I wish he'd hold his breath until the wall gets built

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
He’s gonna crack.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Hahaha holy poo poo that's an amazing self own

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

FizFashizzle posted:

Imagine owning yourself that hard.

Imagine half the country nodding along believing it

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

https://twitter.com/dril/status/432616623225049088

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

It is pretty telling that Donny doesnt think all the support staff are people. You think he has ever dared to walk where the support staff works?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

friendbot2000 posted:

It is pretty telling that Donny doesnt think all the support staff are people. You think he has ever dared to walk where the support staff works?

Just imagine him (or Melania) trying to cook dinner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

friendbot2000 posted:

It may also suggest that people hate Trump so much that they avoid him completely in the White House. He probably spends a lot of time just sitting alone in his quarters watching TV unless people absolutely have to interact with him.