Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Boxturret posted:

it fell out of my last post please don't steal it

you didn't say it was an original idea, it's mine now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
i would never be so brash as to pretend that i invented the letter ess

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
it's pronounced "bcasssssh"

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

Boxturret posted:

i would never be so brash as to pretend that i invented the letter ess

and that's why you're not a captain of industry

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/ButtCoin/status/1083921807336300544

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
im not actually sure i do now understand the power of crypto tbh

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
"it's even harder to make a profit now?"

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

im not actually sure i do now understand the power of crypto tbh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ozbzlyov7E

Such is the power of crypto. it's a pyramid scheme that tells you it's a pyramid scheme, and you still buy in

long live the new flesh

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

https://twitter.com/NeerajKA/status/1083720403636416513?s=09

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

LanceHunter posted:

Small note: I think here:

I'm guessing you meant to write less instead of more.

YOU SAW NOTHING

ty

...!
Oct 5, 2003

divabot posted:

YOU SAW NOTHING

ty

i saw it

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

...! posted:

i saw it

:wrong:

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
disconcerting actual conversation yesterday: a well-meaning non-techie telling me Uber was an example of a decentralised system that was a model for how blockchain could succeed

uh

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry

divabot posted:

disconcerting actual conversation yesterday: a well-meaning non-techie telling me Uber was an example of a decentralised system that was a model for how blockchain could succeed

uh

Decentralized. With a centralized core of sexual predators. Seems about right.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

all the uber calls are dispatched by the decentral

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
a
t
o
s
h
i

...!
Oct 5, 2003

i did tho

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Nenonen posted:

a
t
o
s
h
i

:wrong:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

iambabyjesus90 [score hidden] an hour ago

That’s sooo hosed! I actually got into an argument with an employee at the bank (RBC) the other day for not allowing crypto purchases.

“There’s a reason we don’t allow it” I “laughed” then she “if you couldn’t tell, it’s already dead” then I went on to explain that the inflated price does not matter and to look at the bottom price each year and that it’s 3X from 2017 and each year excluding a couple, it has steadily gone up! She never responded to me!! I wanted to continue to roast her rear end but I decided I’ll go back to that bank in 5 years or how ever long it takes me to become wealthy enough to close my bank account for good with them and I will give her bitch rear end one satoshi and tell her she shouldn’t be blinded by central banks.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

https://mobile.twitter.com/Rhythmtrader/status/1084088824584683522

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

...! posted:

and each year excluding a couple, it has steadily gone up

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

I "laughed"

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
(audience laughter)

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

...! posted:

I decided I’ll go back to that bank in 5 years or how ever long it takes me to become wealthy enough to close my bank account for good with them to lift the restraining order and I will give her bitch rear end one satoshi and tell her she shouldn’t be blinded by central banks.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

the rhythm method but for crypto

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

...! posted:

each year excluding a couple, it has steadily gone up!

it is mathematically impossible for bitcoin to ever lose value over the course of a year

starting ..... now

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I hope for a little bit of love on this post because I am pushing Bitcoin in the Vice-Mayoral election in New York City. (self.Bitcoin)
submitted an hour ago by theochino

Hello,

Back in March 2018, articles like this one were posted: "New York Assemblyman Ron Kim Passes a Bill That Could “Kill” BitLicense" = https://cryptoslate.com/new-york-assemblyman-ron-kim-passes-bill-kill-bitlicense

Right now, Rom Kim and I are both running for the position of Public Advocate of the City of New York. As such I got to ask him a question regarding his bill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cvze9yHki8k (Sound is bad ...)

Bitcoin is part of the New York City election and would be great to get some publicity around it.

Regards,

Theo Chino, hopefully the bitlicense slayer.

https://article78againstnydfs.com & https://abolishthebitlicense.org

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

i was going to edit the post to change the guy's name to theo chino but life was kind for once :unsmith:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

bitcointwitter [score hidden] 2 hours ago

banks are accountants; right. Bitcoin is a accountant ledger that is instant math.

So why do we need to feed these middle man or keep paying them? *Fire the banker* Just like they will fire you.

Karma is justice is it not? Bitcoin is the karma banks don't like.Tell them to get another job like "Hair dress, make up artist, farmer, skill labor. We don't need you to watch dollars in a metal value no more when encrypted ai and electricity does it flawleessly with 10 years 100% uptime." After all the between obama and trump the both shutdown for 6 weeks in the last 10 years.

I don't remember hearing bitcoin shut down ever?

...!
Oct 5, 2003

binarygold 1 point 4 hours ago

People are naturally sceptical of new things. That’s ok. As they learn more they will either be impressed and become supporters or they will get stuck not being able to learn it because it’s too complex for their intellect. I have never seen an intelligent person understanding and dismissing Bitcoin at the same time unless they are invested in dismissing it.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

TheGreatMuffin 2 points 5 hours ago*

Not going to look for links, but some of the more articulate (but still making partially or entirely wrong statements about bitcoin, so proceed with caution) opposition writers have been David Gerard and Francis Coppola. They don't display a deep (or any) understanding of bitcoin, so I don't consider them "good" critics, but if you want to understand some of the more articulate "naysayers", I guess you want to look them up.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

...! posted:

bitcointwitter [score hidden] 2 hours ago

banks are accountants; right. Bitcoin is a accountant ledger that is instant math.

So why do we need to feed these middle man or keep paying them? *Fire the banker* Just like they will fire you.

Karma is justice is it not? Bitcoin is the karma banks don't like.Tell them to get another job like "Hair dress, make up artist, farmer, skill labor. We don't need you to watch dollars in a metal value no more when encrypted ai and electricity does it flawleessly with 10 years 100% uptime." After all the between obama and trump the both shutdown for 6 weeks in the last 10 years.

I don't remember hearing bitcoin shut down ever?

dang it definitely sucks that all the banks are shut down. oh wait

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

...! posted:

binarygold 1 point 4 hours ago

People are naturally sceptical of new things. That’s ok. As they learn more they will either be impressed and become supporters or they will get stuck not being able to learn it because it’s too complex for their intellect. I have never seen an intelligent person understanding and dismissing Bitcoin at the same time unless they are invested in dismissing it.

*Mortal Kombat Voice:*
TAUTOLOGY!

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Endless Mike posted:

dang it definitely sucks that all the banks are shut down. oh wait

really want to sit down with these guys some day and have them explain in detail what they think banks are

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
My cash stopped working, help!

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Paladinus posted:

My bcash stopped working, help!

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Boxturret posted:

My boxturretcoin cash stopped working, help!

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

no chargebacks

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Boxturret posted:

no chargebacks

:vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

nmeal 2 points 6 hours ago

I thought the cryptocurrency revolution and the vegan revolution would coincide.

It's predicted the oceans will be fishless by 2048 at the current rate of fishing.

Plants. Eat plants. More than enough for everyone.