Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Solice Kirsk posted:

The only people in the US I ever hear talking about the British royal family are British people telling me Americans are obsessed with the British royal family. Maybe they're on the news when they get married or randomly on a cover of a tabloid, but that's about it.

Hell, they don't even have a reality show.

Our cable news networks devote entire days to things like royal weddings. You obviously haven’t known enough suburban moms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I just remembered my elementary school computer lab teacher (who we had every year) loving loved them. We took whole class days aside when Diana died and again when the queen’s mom died.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The fact that not a single member of the current royal family has mounted a campaign to try to reclaim the Alsace is proof enough that they're all inbred cowards.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Henchman of Santa posted:

Our cable news networks devote entire days to things like royal weddings. You obviously haven’t known enough suburban moms.

Yeah, that very well may be true. I haven't lived in a suburb since I was 19. Though I do kind of count Phoenix as a suburb. That city sucked.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Gripweed posted:

The fact that not a single member of the current royal family has mounted a campaign to try to reclaim the Alsace is proof enough that they're all inbred cowards.

Lol, only reclaiming one part of France? :cryinghenryv:

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Collapsing Farts posted:

I cant believe americans still go to church lol

our faith keeps us gay, and for the gay people, it keeps them merry.

MizPiz posted:

Through the Fire and Flames is a great song

i don't think thats unpopular seeing as it's the staple song of every Guitar Hero game

spit on my clit has a new favorite as of 22:07 on Jan 11, 2019

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Through the Fire and Flames is a great song

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

TheMaskedUgly posted:

The objectively correct ranking for steak doneness goes, from best to worst,

Medium
Well-Done
Medium-Rare
Rare

I don't rank 'passed well-done to the point of chewy dryness' due to it being a failure in the cooking process rather than the doneness, or blue, because it's not cooking at all.

So sorry about your defective palate

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

TheMaskedUgly posted:

Instant coffee is superior to every single alternative coffee choice, both in taste and convenience.

You loving son of a bitch...

I enjoy french press or slow drip myself. Instant is great for convenience, but SUPERIOR then the rest?!

*scoffs farts coughs scoffs*

ShortyMR.CAT has a new favorite as of 22:49 on Jan 11, 2019

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Speaking of coffee does anyone know what makes pour over different from regular drip coffee?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Yes, it’s actually a different method of preparing the coffee

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
It’s for coffee snobs and elitists

The humble proletarian gets a double double every morning

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Cheeseburgers for breakfast, hell yeah :burger:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

oldpainless posted:

Yes, it’s actually a different method of preparing the coffee

Well yeah, I get that. But the water runs through the grounds and slowly drips into the carafe, right? Isn't that basically the same thing? French Press steeps a little more like tea, so the difference there is more evident to me.

I mean I guess I could do something dumb like try it myself but that's for losers.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Extra everything mustard grilled animal style plz

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

christmas boots posted:

Well yeah, I get that. But the water runs through the grounds and slowly drips into the carafe, right? Isn't that basically the same thing? French Press steeps a little more like tea, so the difference there is more evident to me.

I mean I guess I could do something dumb like try it myself but that's for losers.

https://coletticoffee.com/pour-over-vs-drip-the-best-method-for-brewing-coffee/

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

christmas boots posted:

Doing a pour over allows for you to have more control of the pour. You start with the bloom which covers the grounds for 30'seconds and then you periodically pour water onto the grounds until your preferred ratio of water to coffee is reached. There are some drip machines that mimic that but they are usually very expensive, a 20'dollar mr coffee won't do that.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
the bloom...whatever man, just give me some folgers crystals, i don't have time for that poo poo

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Hey man brew whatever way you want. That being said pour overs take roughly the same amount of time to brew as a drip machine.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

The_Rob posted:

Doing a pour over allows for you to have more control of the pour. You start with the bloom which covers the grounds for 30'seconds and then you periodically pour water onto the grounds until your preferred ratio of water to coffee is reached. There are some drip machines that mimic that but they are usually very expensive, a 20'dollar mr coffee won't do that.

Thanks, that does clear it up quite a bit!

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

There should be separate lines at the security checkpoints in airports. One for people who know what they are doing, one for filthy casuals who only fly like 3 times in their lives and need to be handheld through the process. When i'm 3 back from the cases I have all my electronics out and a gameplan on how I will get the cases out and what i'll put in what, and I get it done. It's not hard.

I might be a little impatient though because once on a connection in helsinki when I gave the person my passport they were taking a long time and i slapped the counter and was like "come on I need to make my next flight" and she was like "it's not taking off for 2 hours sir why are you so nervous". I like to be early, gosh.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

yeah I eat rear end posted:

There should be separate lines at the security checkpoints in airports. One for people who know what they are doing, one for filthy casuals who only fly like 3 times in their lives and need to be handheld through the process. When i'm 3 back from the cases I have all my electronics out and a gameplan on how I will get the cases out and what i'll put in what, and I get it done. It's not hard.

I might be a little impatient though because once on a connection in helsinki when I gave the person my passport they were taking a long time and i slapped the counter and was like "come on I need to make my next flight" and she was like "it's not taking off for 2 hours sir why are you so nervous". I like to be early, gosh.

https://www.tsa.gov/precheck

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I would like this but I don't think I'd qualify. I've been told multiple times I'm on the do not fly list, I think because I have an incredibly generic name, and they are like "oh you aren't THAT James Jones" (names swapped, of course) and they let me go. After giving me the business in the security checkpoint. There has only been a handful of times I have flown internationally where I haven't gotten the hands down my pants in the private booth brushing my dick treatment. The last time when I flew into amsterdam and they just waved me through I was confused, like, hey, you're not going to molest me? What gives?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I would like this but I don't think I'd qualify. I've been told multiple times I'm on the do not fly list, I think because I have an incredibly generic name, and they are like "oh you aren't THAT James Jones" (names swapped, of course) and they let me go. After giving me the business in the security checkpoint. There has only been a handful of times I have flown internationally where I haven't gotten the hands down my pants in the private booth brushing my dick treatment. The last time when I flew into amsterdam and they just waved me through I was confused, like, hey, you're not going to molest me? What gives?

Are you actually an international terrorist? If no you’d probably qualify.

It’s less than job interview-tier scrutiny.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Are you actually an international terrorist? If no you’d probably qualify.

It’s less than job interview-tier scrutiny.

It is the TSA

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Exactly, you just need to pretend to take it seriously, not even convincingly.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

People who put serious stock in the "simulation hypothesis" as a physical reality rather than a funny thought experiment are probably at the same level of stupidity of elon musk fans

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Shibawanko posted:

People who put serious stock in the "simulation hypothesis" as a physical reality rather than a funny thought experiment are probably at the same level of stupidity of elon musk fans

So, slightly less stupid than objective reality in TYOOL 2019?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Mark Knopfler is a really boring guitar player, or at least he has been for the past 20 years or so.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Speaking of guitar poo poo. Guitar "virtuoso"music is the single most lame rear end form of music ever. There's literally nothing worse than hearing some sweaty old white guy jack his guitar off.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Music is the artform in which technical skill is by far the least useful skill to have.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I think we should replace the Games mods

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Gripweed posted:

Music is the artform in which technical skill is by far the least useful skill to have.

It's not the least useful but it's probably the least necessary.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Surely that's acting, or modeling, or some others I'm sure. I get the point though, I love a punk track that sounds like a trash can.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
American Idiot remains the greatest rock opera of all time.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I don't really know what a rock opera is but I don't care, Green Day sucks.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
They're all in the shadow of Tommy.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Rock opera is music for dads who are sophisticated and mature enough to appreciate opera, but still cool enough that they also wanna "rock out".

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Fear Factory's Obsolete is the best "rock opera" by a country mile. Mostly because it has a character named "Edge Crusher" in it and I could never tell if it was supposed to be serious or not. Resurrection is a really good song either way though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Rock opera is a genre of musical theatre, not a genre of music, lol at you idiots.