Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
This should open up a lot of space in support for the poke champs that are currently Worse Brand (xerath, lux, zyra, neeko, etc)

Also a big buff to the already-super-strong Nami and Sona whose worst matchup is Brand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

kingcobweb posted:

This should open up a lot of space in support for the poke champs that are currently Worse Brand (xerath, lux, zyra, neeko, etc)

Also a big buff to the already-super-strong Nami and Sona whose worst matchup is Brand

Really, it opens up a lot of space for everyone in general. I think Brand being as good as he was also had a knock-on effect on ADCs, too, since anyone without a dash could get annihilated by him if they went to CS.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

kingcobweb posted:

this makes things better for support zoe, so riot has indirectly buffed zoe: A Good Patch

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Sexpansion posted:

Apropos of nothing, I think any toplane champion should be good in the same situations in mid and vice versa, you can't disabuse me of this notion.

edit: also

E max J4 now? IDK seems kind of pointless.

That E change will help him stay healthy during early clears. He's struggled ever since the armor nerf.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

I'd prefer a cooldown buff on E instead but it's a start

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

gently caress Brand forever, nerf him into the ground and salt the earth

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Hopefully this means people will play Janna again also known as Sonic the hedgehog.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
that's clearly rammus you idiot

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I think you can make Janna outrun rammus

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Sexpansion posted:

Apropos of nothing, I think any toplane champion should be good in the same situations in mid and vice versa, you can't disabuse me of this notion.

edit: also

E max J4 now? IDK seems kind of pointless.

that change doesnt really make his E any more or less impactful to level up. its not like you didnt take it at all before

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
It's just a 5% passive attack speed buff to J4 and his allies at all levels (or from 2 and up for lane J4). It's neat but not exactly huge. I was hoping for something burst related as I still only play J4 in bot lane with Leona, and this buff won't do much there.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
his attackspeed scaling is really good so even small amounts noticeably improves his clear speed.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the brand nerfs remind me of how loving funny it is that riot took a bunch of MR off of everyone at the same time that they also removed the trade off of not getting sightstone if you wanted to upgrade your spellcaster damage item as the support and holy poo poo can you believe it anyway nobody knows why mid laners are such good supports this season

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

The Mash posted:

It's just a 5% passive attack speed buff to J4 and his allies at all levels (or from 2 and up for lane J4). It's neat but not exactly huge. I was hoping for something burst related as I still only play J4 in bot lane with Leona, and this buff won't do much there.

10%, applies to flag too so he hits jungle mobs decently faster

not amazing in bot admittedly

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Wew, just browsing Reddit and there was a glitch in the Blood Moon event internationally that let people buy capsules for 1 blue essence for about 15 minutes or so. According to Riot, in most regions less than 100 people on the whole server were exploiting this but both reddit and the official forums are mad that Riot aren't going to take the freebies away from people who exploited the system or ban the users who did it. Because you know, most sane people spend $75 on event capsules a couple times a year and get pissed off when people get that content for free (Probably because they didn't get the chance to exploit it themselves)

https://old.reddit.com/r/SubredditDrama/comments/aewk38/riot_games_accidentally_sells_league_skins_for/

I'm just laughing at all the people mad that they couldn't get stuff for free and demanding Riot ban or take away the content people got for free. Who cares

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
how do you spend 2000 dollars on league stuff?. i feel like i have a shameful amount of skins and ive spent less that 100$

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

RealFoxy posted:

Wew, just browsing Reddit and there was a glitch in the Blood Moon event internationally that let people buy capsules for 1 blue essence for about 15 minutes or so. According to Riot, in most regions less than 100 people on the whole server were exploiting this but both reddit and the official forums are mad that Riot aren't going to take the freebies away from people who exploited the system or ban the users who did it. Because you know, most sane people spend $75 on event capsules a couple times a year and get pissed off when people get that content for free (Probably because they didn't get the chance to exploit it themselves)

https://old.reddit.com/r/SubredditDrama/comments/aewk38/riot_games_accidentally_sells_league_skins_for/

I'm just laughing at all the people mad that they couldn't get stuff for free and demanding Riot ban or take away the content people got for free. Who cares

as someone whos spent $0 on this game, it seems pretty reasonable to be unhappy about this

it would be insane and unjustifiable to ban them, though

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Jan 12, 2019

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Verviticus posted:

as someone whos spent $0 on this game, it seems pretty reasonable to be unhappy about this

it would be insane and unjustifiable to ban them, though

There are some games where exploiting bugs is bannable, but making that rule after the fact would be pretty wrong.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

im sure its against the ToS as written right now, but as there are no victims, there probably shouldnt be punishment handed out

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
did everyone get 2018 in review stats today?

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!
People getting mad because other people got something for free. Turns out reddit manchildren were also secretly republicans all along.

Exploiting a bug for in-game advantage is bannable (eg old masteries with no CD on flash), banning for exploiting faulty pricing in the store would be super dumb though.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

Slaapaav posted:

did everyone get 2018 in review stats today?

Yeah, you could view it online yesterday, in-client today.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Tired Moritz posted:

kingcogweb has a nice voice imo

Showed up just to agree with this.
Anyone able to play tonight? I'm thinking of patching this stupid game

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

LoL has a history of “this one region had unintended downtime and gets some sort of compensation, why aren’t we from
an unrelated and unaffected region getting free stuff?”. So yeah, not surprised at this recent behavior.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

yeah definitely not new territory coming from the crowd that bitched ad nauseum that riot shouldn't make runes free because they had to pay for them so everyone else should have to pay for them forever.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

:airquote: Secretly Republicans :airquote:

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

d0grent posted:

yeah definitely not new territory coming from the crowd that bitched ad nauseum that riot shouldn't make runes free because they had to pay for them so everyone else should have to pay for them forever.

basically old players get entitled and think because they had to have bad experiences then other people have to have bad experiences, instead of just being happy that things are being made better. this is pretty much the most ubiquitous mentality in established games around

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

this toxic mentality transcends the realm of gaming my friend

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

d0grent posted:

this toxic mentality transcends the realm of gaming my friend

there is nothing in this life except league of legends. reported.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

pog boyfriend posted:

basically old players get entitled and think because they had to have bad experiences then other people have to have bad experiences, instead of just being happy that things are being made better. this is pretty much the most ubiquitous mentality in established games around

You've basically just described conservatism and baby boomers in the US.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
pull up thread

Spam Musubi
Jan 17, 2018

Cheap, Affordable, and Tasty!
Wrap me in rice like you would with your mother.
Braum is now my main and favorite champ. Listened to his music and wow, I can’t stop smiling.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Spam Musubi posted:

Braum is now my main and favorite champ. Listened to his music and wow, I can’t stop smiling.

braum is a wholesome gem in a sea of edgy bullcrap. check out ivern too

strong bird
May 12, 2009

he has a broken spell and his source code should be irreparably destroyed. this kills the braum

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

im here to tell you. every champ is too complex. nerf all champs until this game is just bust a move

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Does the report button do anything. I've had 3 games in a row where top lane dies once and then quits for the rest of the game.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Anidav posted:

Does the report button do anything. I've had 3 games in a row where top lane dies once and then quits for the rest of the game.

If they make a habit of that sort of thing, yes

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Anidav posted:

Congrats, you got top lane banned in your first game and as such no longer have top laners. It's clearly working as per game 2 and 3

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Pls list out the discord etiquette. Every goon discord is like a mirror mirror universe of the thread it spawned from, but it is difficult to articulate. On average how long does it take to get a duo going?

I feel that sitting in an empty voice chat channel is an invitation for me to just roll in and say "My dude, I am a Bronze 2 Tryndamere One Trick. Are you ready to go on a magical journey?!"

Would that spook folks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
how do you nasus jungle? I don't see how you can gank.