Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Colts 15 12.20%
Chiefs 28 22.76%
SCORING 31 25.20%
SNOW 49 39.84%
Total: 73 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Colts vs. Chiefs, two defensive powerhouses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Nail Rat posted:

Well I feel like luck shouldn't have thrown the ball straight to chiefs defender and it's either his fault or the coaches but eltoasto and codependent poster would disagree and talk about something I said ten years ago.

So what do you guys think is the problem? Coaches, players, or Mercury retrograde?

I tend towards coaches.

The other team is way loving better?

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
This Colts offense has just been goddamn bodied by a mediocre-to-bad Chiefs defense.

The Chiefs’ defense finished last or second-to-last in passing yards (4,374), total yards (6,488) and yards per rush (5.0). The Chiefs gave up the most first downs ever, with 419. And though they ranked 24th in points ceded, with 421, only three other teams since 1990, when the playoffs expanded to include six teams from each conference, gave up that many and still advanced to the postseason.

The Colts have scored zero offensive points and have 126 yards. Of that total, 70 came on the last drive of the second half when the Chiefs were basically in prevent mode.

Jesus Christ.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

midwat posted:

Good celebration, down 17

:lol:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I hope they never stop taunting. It's too funny.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Colts defense has really done a good job this half. Shame about the offense.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

i love players celebrating but the colts are making me question everything

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

surf rock posted:

This Colts offense has just been goddamn bodied by a mediocre-to-bad Chiefs defense.

The Chiefs’ defense finished last or second-to-last in passing yards (4,374), total yards (6,488) and yards per rush (5.0). The Chiefs gave up the most first downs ever, with 419. And though they ranked 24th in points ceded, with 421, only three other teams since 1990, when the playoffs expanded to include six teams from each conference, gave up that many and still advanced to the postseason.

The Colts have scored zero offensive points and have 126 yards. Of that total, 70 came on the last drive of the second half when the Chiefs were basically in prevent mode.

Jesus Christ.

Good thing they have home field though

https://twitter.com/JamesPalmerTV/status/1084238535379615744

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I mean he blew West up and got Mahomes. Sometimes you do cool poo poo and can't help yourself.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Lol. Just lol

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Lmao what was that

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
What in the god drat gently caress was that.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
I missed it what happened

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Of course the first run in forever is going to be that

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

lol poo poo, now Kelly down.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Athanatos posted:

The other team is way loving better?

That's a possibility but the other team has an empirically bad defense. So I would think a supposed top ten quarterback would be able to move the ball.

Plus, being able to move the ball like that on 4th and 1 is pretty rare no matter how good your run game is.

Someone obviously failed. Players or coaches? Both to a degree but I feel like the coaches did a poor job this week.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Colts center out. Gonna have a fumble in the next play or two.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Mr. Nice! posted:

Colts center out. Gonna have a fumble in the next play or two.

Their backup has played a lot recently, so I don't think that'll happen.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Good to see the colts establishing the run.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
Kelly down, Mack limping.

Pack it up. Save injuries

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That throw. Lol.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

surf rock posted:

Jesus Christ.

Yeah but keep piling on me because it's easy points and codependent poster brings up poo poo from 6-10 years ago. It's bad. The colts offense should be able to move the ball against this defense. Unless the whole season was a fluke, the coaches failed.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The Colts center keeps jerking his head to the left right before he snaps the ball

If I was on the Chiefs DL I'd just watch for that and use that as the signal to start goign

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
What did I miss, did the Colts make this a real game while I was gone?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
That was almost an incredible out of bounds catch there.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Can't even get a DPI c'mon refs have mercy

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

lol "WHAT THE gently caress?"

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Honestly I think you could call that making a play on the ball, Lucas was checking his eyes for the ball's progress.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Boy these refs suck

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Nice single leg takedown.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
faceguarding is *not* automatic PI. Collinsworth is wrong.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Lol, guess not

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Codependent Poster posted:

Boy these refs suck

Yeah but the colts are really bad.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yep. Keep running down 17. Smart.

Also lmao.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
Luck is unbelievably rattled

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Hahaha case in point.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Luck is just loving terrible. It better come out that he needs another shoulder surgery or something.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

Nail Rat posted:

Yeah but keep piling on me because it's easy points and codependent poster brings up poo poo from 6-10 years ago. It's bad. The colts offense should be able to move the ball against this defense. Unless the whole season was a fluke, the coaches failed.

idk what you're talking about, Mr. Nail Rat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

The Colts center keeps jerking his head to the left right before he snaps the ball

If I was on the Chiefs DL I'd just watch for that and use that as the signal to start goign

That's common is noisy stadiums. Some teams will use the play clock though.