Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
No blue canary, nightlight or otherwise, appears in the video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons%27_weirdest_photographs

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

some of these aren't very weird at all!

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Sagebrush posted:

some of these aren't very weird at all!

*hoovering intensifies*

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

YOSPOS: It's not an applause, it is screaming and noises of disapproval

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
i like that the strength of applause is broken down into three separate attributes that increase uniformly

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Sham bam bamina! posted:

i like that the strength of applause is broken down into three separate attributes that increase uniformly

i'm clapping with the strength of an atomic bomb, but only once

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Im “low, slow, short”

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Schadenboner posted:

Im “low, slow, short”
tori?!?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Improbable Lobster posted:

i'm clapping with the strength of an atomic bomb, but only once

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShZrVG_tYU4

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Schadenboner posted:

Im “low, slow, short”

but enough about your mom

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

FrozenVent posted:

but enough about your mom

Your av confuses me. The Twin Otter is different from the 737?

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
cleanup response began.
Other contamination was also found in or on:[21]

Three buses
42 houses
14 cars
five pigs
50,000 rolls of toilet paper

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Sagebrush posted:

In the 1974 film Sweet Movie, the event occurs to Miss Canada and El Macho while having sex on the Eiffel Tower, interrupted by some sightseeing nuns.[citation needed]
man, that movie sounds like something else:

The second narrative involves a woman, Anna Planeta piloting a candy-filled boat in the canals of Amsterdam, the Netherlands, with a large papier-mache head of Karl Marx on the prow. She picks up the hitchhiking sailor Potemkin, though she warns him that if he falls in love, she will kill him. He ignores her many suggestions for him to leave and their relationship evolves. Eventually, in the state of love making, she stabs him to death in their nidus of sugar. She also seduces children into her world of sweets and revolution. She is eventually apprehended and arrested by the police who lay down plastic sacks containing the children's bodies on the side of the canal, implying they too have been killed by Planeta. The film ends with the children, unseen by the others, being reborn from their plastic cocoons.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Dumb Lowtax posted:

cleanup response began.
Other contamination was also found in or on:[21]

Three buses
42 houses
14 cars
five pigs
50,000 rolls of toilet paper

“Lets pry open this glowing thing we found in the ruins of a hospital!”

:ohno:

And then the guiltiest motherfucker ends up surviving! Drinks himself to death 10 years later.

BORAT VOICE HIS WIFE, the only one acting like a goddamn adult in the situation, ends up dying on the same day as their six year old daughter.

:smith:

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Jan 14, 2019

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
He had also appeared on The Maury Povich Show, The Man Show, and a television pilot that featured Sheryl Crow and Michael Moore.[7][8][dubious – discuss]

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Schadenboner posted:

“Lets pry open this glowing thing we found in the ruins of a hospital!”

:ohno:

And then the guiltiest motherfucker ends up surviving! Drinks himself to death 10 years later.

BORAT VOICE HIS WIFE, the only one acting like a goddamn adult in the situation, ends up dying on the same day as their six year old daughter.

:smith:

the security guard seeing herbie is more culpable than a guy scrapping

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Schadenboner posted:

BORAT VOICE HIS WIFE
:xd:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

overmind2000 posted:

YOSPOS: It's not an applause, it is screaming and noises of disapproval

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
good day, gentlemen

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

good day, gentlemen

*shakes fist* millenials!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
just lol if you need a special day to eat rear end

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
It features cultural references to the 1959 television series Dennis the Menace, and Cheap Trick's 1979 song "Dream Police".

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

bony tony posted:

just lol if you need a special day to eat rear end

eating rear end makes any day special

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

...her?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
This term was also used in the Looney Tunes episode "Tweety's S.O.S." by Granny when she drops her glasses.

In the 1935 Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer film version of Charles Dickens novel A Tale of Two Cities, Miss Pross (Edna May Oliver) sternly informs Sydney Carton (Ronald Colman) that she is not a flibbertigibbet.

In the 1990 American romantic comedy film Joe Versus the Volcano, Meg Ryan's character Angelica refers to herself as a flibbertigibbet.

In 2018 British Author Chris Redmile released a children's book named The Flibber-ti-gibbet, a read in rhyme book designed to educate children about the traits of ADHD.[7]

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

While the reports conclude that bullying occurs regularly in Hawaii schools, they do not confirm the tradition of "Kill Haole Day" being actively practiced.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
On the scale of bathtubs and toilets, the Coriolis effect is too weak to be observed except under carefully controlled laboratory conditions.[62]

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Trig Discipline posted:

eating rear end makes any day
and fisting it makes your whole week!

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
:ducksiren:

MindSet
Dec 21, 2008

If this goes badly, and I make a crater, I want it named after me!
Contemporary scholarship
The Knights who say "Ni" have been cited as an example of intentional disregard for historical accuracy in neo-medievalism, which may be contrasted with the casual disregard for historical accuracy inherent in more traditional works of the fantasy genre.[4] However, in Medievalisms: Making the Past in the Present, the authors suggest that the original characters of Monty Python and the Holy Grail actually represent medievalism, rather than neomedievalism, as many of the film's details are in fact based on authentic medieval texts and ideas. With respect to the Knights who say "Ni", the authors suggest that Sir Bedivere's difficulty pronouncing "Ni!", despite its levity, "carries a very learned joke about the difficulties of pronouncing Middle English", alluding to the Great Vowel Shift, which occurred in English during the late medieval period.[5]

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

MindSet posted:

Contemporary scholarship
The Knights who say "Ni" have been cited as an example of intentional disregard for historical accuracy in neo-medievalism, which may be contrasted with the casual disregard for historical accuracy inherent in more traditional works of the fantasy genre.[4] However, in Medievalisms: Making the Past in the Present, the authors suggest that the original characters of Monty Python and the Holy Grail actually represent medievalism, rather than neomedievalism, as many of the film's details are in fact based on authentic medieval texts and ideas. With respect to the Knights who say "Ni", the authors suggest that Sir Bedivere's difficulty pronouncing "Ni!", despite its levity, "carries a very learned joke about the difficulties of pronouncing Middle English", alluding to the Great Vowel Shift, which occurred in English during the late medieval period.[5]

gracias, lo detesto

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conrad_O%27Brien-ffrench

quote:

Conrad Fulke Thomond O'Brien-ffrench, Marquis de Castelthomond

Conrad Fulke Thomond O'Brien-ffrench (19 November 1893[2] – 23 October 1986[3]), was a distinguished British Secret Intelligence Officer, Captain in the Tipperary Rangers of the Royal Irish Regiment and 16th The Queen's Lancers in World War I, and Mountie for the Royal Northwest Mounted Police.[4] He was also an accomplished artist, linguist, mountaineer, skier and author.[1]

[...]

Conrad Fulke Thomond O'Brien-ffrench was born in London, England, the second son of Henry Albert De Vreque O'Brien-ffrench, Marquis de Castelthomond, and his wife Winifred née Thursby, heiress and daughter of Major James Legh Thursby, of Ormerod House Lancashire.[5][6]
I'm pretty sure somebody's RPG character escaped.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

MindSet posted:

With respect to the Knights who say "Ni", the authors suggest that Sir Bedivere's difficulty pronouncing "Ni!", despite its levity, "carries a very learned joke about the difficulties of pronouncing Middle English", alluding to the Great Vowel Shift, which occurred in English during the late medieval period.[5]

:aaaaa:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

darthbob88 posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conrad_O%27Brien-ffrench
I'm pretty sure somebody's RPG character escaped.

This guy fuuuuuuucccckkkkssss.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

No doxx plz.

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

terry jones is an actual medieval scholar. i skipped out of my unix class one time in college to go see him speak about funy medieval stuff