Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Take us 20 years into the future for the combined One Piece, Steven Universe and Venture Bros grand finale.

That's just crazy, Cartoon Network will randomly cancel Steven Universe right before the last season way earlier than that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

Yeah I'm specifically calling bullshit on the series ending at "just over" 100 volumes, Dressrosa took ten volumes and Wano feels like 1/3 done.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Volume 89 is barely at the end of whole cake island, a little over 100 volumes is only slightly accurate if you include a 50 volume leeway.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Minion of Freya posted:

Can we at least agree that Gon was baby dumpster trash who smiled at everything literally the same way puppy would?

And that also if there was a shonen with better scenario based writing than HxH and MHA you would all be telling me publicly? Because I don't have time to research this poo poo between my busy office job and creating openly BDSM and vaguely Marvel comics based snuff scenarios.

Maybe Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (at the individual fight level).

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Minion of Freya posted:

Can we at least agree that Gon was baby dumpster trash who smiled at everything literally the same way puppy would?

And that also if there was a shonen with better scenario based writing than HxH and MHA you would all be telling me publicly? Because I don't have time to research this poo poo between my busy office job and creating openly BDSM and vaguely Marvel comics based snuff scenarios.

have a gander at mizukami satoshi's work, particularly sengoku yoko and the lucifer & biscuit hammer

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I expect One Piece to be in the top 10 of this list by the time it's done.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

I'd believe just over 100 volumes left to write

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Mraagvpeine posted:

I expect One Piece to be in the top 10 of this list by the time it's done.

Wait, Golgo 13 and the Dog fighting shonen are both still going?!

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
It will end at vol 199.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

RatHat posted:

Wait, Golgo 13 and the Dog fighting shonen are both still going?!

I looked it up and Ginga actually ended last month. I guess the list hasn't been updated.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

I could sorta see it finishing at like volume 120.

Star Platinum posted:

Yeah I'm specifically calling bullshit on the series ending at "just over" 100 volumes, Dressrosa took ten volumes and Wano feels like 1/3 done.

Haha, I think there is no way Wano is already 1/3 done. Maybe 1/6 or so? We haven't even seen a real fight yet.

Ever Disappointing fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jan 11, 2019

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Oh my god this doctor and the reindeer with the human fruit are cool as heck

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Kashuno posted:

:hai:

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Tir McDohl posted:

Haha, I think there is no way Wano is already 1/3 done. Maybe 1/6 or so? We haven't even seen a real fight yet.

We've been straight up told that we're done with one of five acts and that the fifth act will be a short conclusion, so take your guess from there.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

LostRook posted:

We've been straight up told that we're done with one of five acts and that the fifth act will be a short conclusion, so take your guess from there.

Ah, did not know it was confirmed how many acts there would be. Maybe 1/4 or so done then. Its neat that Oda is still doing new stuff with arc structures.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Maybe it's less "at" just over 100 volumes, but "IN" just over 100 volumes

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Kashuno posted:

They're very good. It would be good if Oda remembered that, too.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Luceid posted:

They're very good. It would be good if Oda remembered that, too.
Monster Point becoming a gag was the worst thing Oda has ever done to Chopper.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Tir McDohl posted:

Ah, did not know it was confirmed how many acts there would be.

it wasn't explicit, but almost all kabuki plays have five acts, so it's heavily implied

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Tir McDohl posted:

No I really can't see One Piece ending at volume 120. There's just so many things that it would feel incomplete unless it's a HUGE troll job by Oda where he makes a sequel continuation similar to Naruto being followed by Shippuden.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

doomrider7 posted:

a sequel continuation similar to Naruto being followed by Shippuden.

all the blood in my body just rushed straight to my penis and my roommate had to call an ambulance

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Bleck posted:

all the blood in my body just rushed straight to my penis and my roommate had to call an ambulance

We still need to see Elbaf. Like actually have an arc there. And there are still so many things that we need to see like Lucci and the CP9 guys come back and I mean REALLY come back. Ditto for Crocodile and whatever he and Daz are up to now.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I get the impression we'll have an arc in Elbaf pretty soon (relatively), especially if they follow back up with Big Mom wanting payback on Luffy. Kinda surprised it took this long, but then again if there's some fights against giants, and not just rookie pirate ones, the crew probably need to be New World levels of strong.

We saw giant Navy officers at Marineford (and Jaguar D Saul much earlier), it seems like Elbaf is on some level on good terms with the World Government, or at least accepts giant citizens. Though they were almost negotiating peace with Big Mom before that deal fell through. We're probably going to see Prince Loki sooner or later.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

doomrider7 posted:

No I really can't see One Piece ending at volume 120. There's just so many things that it would feel incomplete unless it's a HUGE troll job by Oda where he makes a sequel continuation similar to Naruto being followed by Shippuden.

I guess it depends on how much gets resolved in Wano. If Big Mom shows up and this arc concludes with both her and Kaido being taken down, the list of big bads gets culled to a much more reasonable size. A lot can happen in 25 volumes.

Of course, they just revealed yet another big bad in the Reverie arc so who the gently caress knows.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

doomrider7 posted:

Shippuden was simply the name the anime used for content after the big timeskip, like with Dragon Ball Z. We already ARE in Shippuden.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

If the One Piece anime were to follow that convention, what would it be called? One Piece: The New World?

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Waffleman_ posted:

Shippuden was simply the name the anime used for content after the big timeskip, like with Dragon Ball Z. We already ARE in Shippuden.

okay but what if

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Mraagvpeine posted:

If the One Piece anime were to follow that convention, what would it be called? One Piece: The New World?

One Piece D

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

U-DO Burger posted:

One Piece DD

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Two Piece

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
One Piece Shippuden: My son is also named Lucy

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah, if they were going to split One Piece into two seasons the best time to do it would have been after Marineford.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

what filth are you making me look at right now

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Bleck posted:

what filth are you making me look at right now

two pieces man keep up

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Tir McDohl posted:

I guess it depends on how much gets resolved in Wano. If Big Mom shows up and this arc concludes with both her and Kaido being taken down, the list of big bads gets culled to a much more reasonable size. A lot can happen in 25 volumes.

Of course, they just revealed yet another big bad in the Reverie arc so who the gently caress knows.

WG was definitely going to be the last boss anyway. Apparently Rock is going to be a character they're going to have to deal with as well; the series definitely is at the 60 something% done range, but yeah I'm thinking that's much closer to less than 150 then less than 110

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The ideal protagonist for Two Piece would obviously be Luffy and Hancock's daughter, the most beautiful, strongest, and dangerously hyperactive pirate girl the seas have ever seen.

But really, after One Piece is finished, Oda can probably do whatever the gently caress he wants. It's already long enough to intimidate a lot of new readers, there's a point where a sequel series becomes a liability even for soulless marketing purposes as you're trying to sell people on something longer than Lord of the Rings. Any sequel would probably be best like, centuries after One Piece wraps up. He did say he'd like to do a mecha series after One Piece at some point, right?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The ideal protagonist for Two Piece would obviously be Luffy and Hancock's daughter, the most beautiful, strongest, and dangerously hyperactive pirate girl the seas have ever seen.

But really, after One Piece is finished, Oda can probably do whatever the gently caress he wants. It's already long enough to intimidate a lot of new readers, there's a point where a sequel series becomes a liability even for soulless marketing purposes as you're trying to sell people on something longer than Lord of the Rings. Any sequel would probably be best like, centuries after One Piece wraps up. He did say he'd like to do a mecha series after One Piece at some point, right?

He's gonna pull a Mashima and make a mecha series starring Space Luffy and Space Nami

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

NutritiousSnack posted:

WG was definitely going to be the last boss anyway. Apparently Rock is going to be a character they're going to have to deal with as well; the series definitely is at the 60 something% done range, but yeah I'm thinking that's much closer to less than 150 then less than 110

Rocks seems more likely to be saved for some sort of film if he's an active character not used in flashbacks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The thought of Luffy reproducing feels wrong to me. I can only see him as a cool/weird uncle instead of a dad.