Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Stultus Maximus posted:

What's wrong with Jimmy Carter?

Well he's anti-abortion, but the larger point is that I'm gonna trust that if you're an evangelical in 2019 that you're also one or possibly all of the other 4 things I listed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Tulsi Gabbard is a sufficient piece of poo poo as it is because of her consistent denial of Syrian government crimes against humanity. The gay conversion poo poo just takes it home.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

mods changed my name posted:

VERY GERMAN GUITAR STARTS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CufwRGsVLhU

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

sharknado slashfic posted:

I assume you're trolling or joking but there's some pretty basic bare bones stuff required in my democratic candidate (in a -presidential- election): Don't be a racist or a misogynist or a homophobe or an evangelical or a pedophile.

There are liberal evangelicals, that have good views about things like Women, LGBT issues, minorities, etc. My sister left Judaism and is in a church with an openly gay, black, female minister.

The teachings of Christ are not an inherently bad thing, nor is believing those teachings and spreading the word.

I admit though, there’s a lot of lovely “evangelicals” so I can kinda understand why you’d have them on your list.

But there are good people, progressive and liberal, who are evangelicals. Though they’re definitely in the minority.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
All Christians Are Bastards

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

I always wondered what 'du hast mich' meant.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
The be all end all of bad looking previous beliefs PR is the simple “Yes, I believed those ideas at the time. But I’ve since had my eyes opened by x, y, and z. I now believe in [cause]. I ask anyone hurt by past words/deeds to forgive me and I hope to work with them towards [cause] in the future.”

You know, the Obama line on gay marriage.

This would apply to Gabbard, Hart, and a poo poo ton of others because it’s common loving decency and sense, Jesus Christ.

Edit: and anyone who can’t be loving bothered to either stand for their unpopular position or make this simple statement of contrition doesn’t deserve anyone’s support.

Thwomp fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jan 14, 2019

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Thwomp posted:

The be all end all of bad looking previous beliefs PR is the simple “Yes, I believed those ideas at the time. But I’ve since had my eyes opened by x, y, and z. I now believe in [cause]. I ask anyone hurt by past words/deeds to forgive me and I hope to work with them towards [cause] in the future.”

You know, the Obama line on gay marriage.

This would apply to Gabbard, Hart, and a poo poo ton of others because it’s common loving decency and sense, Jesus Christ.

Don't think she's done that.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

lmao

Who wants to bet all these people had brony avatars back in the day?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Fister Roboto posted:

lmao

Who wants to bet all these people had brony avatars back in the day?

In fairness, if you posted at all in TFR for a while you had a chance of ending up with a brony avatar.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

In fairness, if you posted at all in TFR for a while you had a chance of ending up with a brony avatar.

so they're even worse than people who watch cartoons

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Proud Christian Mom posted:

This talk about Gabbard sounds an awful lot like those purity tests people get mad about

:hmmyes:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

don't forget the era of Scrooge McD in the EVE thread

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

so they're even worse than people who watch cartoons

There was a random person/persons that handed out Brony avs to over a hundred posters in TFR after some some anti MLP in different chat threads. I ended up with one too.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Flikken posted:

There was a random person/persons that handed out Brony avs to over a hundred posters in TFR after some some anti MLP in different chat threads. I ended up with one too.

Mine was awesome because I got a topical one about 1 minute after I made an anti brony comment.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

LingcodKilla posted:

Mine was awesome because I got a topical one about 1 minute after I made an anti brony comment.

I had a press your luck Browns QB av. I made a comment referencing my av on where I was from and like 5 minutes later it was changed.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I was bought a pony kicking a football. It lasted a full five minutes after I noticed it.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1084643532449726464?s=20

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
I just don't have avatars enabled and as such can distinguish between none of you. It's great for workplace browsing.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
There is no way in hell I'll ever browse on a work computer, unless I start my own business.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Godholio posted:

unless I start my own business.

:v:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I browsed on my phone using company Wifi. Then back in October I apparently got a horror movie blog banned from the company network and got real paranoid since they could probably figure out who it was without too much effort. So now I just use cell network.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

The Iron Rose posted:

I just don't have avatars enabled and as such can distinguish between none of you. It's great for workplace browsing.

It helps me distinguish shitheads easily.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1084644517238714369
President tweeted and immediately deleted this. Because it was openly and plainly racist? Nope, comma was in the wrong place.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1084644517238714369
President tweeted and immediately deleted this. Because it was openly and plainly racist? Nope, comma was in the wrong place.

:catstare:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Trump has been especially idiotic on twitter today, but gently caress that, here's what I want.

https://twitter.com/ajc/status/1084631946574118913

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I enjoy how our president makes sure to mention the degrading names he labels people who don't like him.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

facialimpediment posted:

Trump has been especially idiotic on twitter today, but gently caress that, here's what I want.

Florida man

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If Twitter has any balls they'll suspend him for violating the terms of service

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

Kindness couldn’t finish the job. :sad:

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
y'all ever just do like karate poses in your hotel room listening to the doors and just like freak the gently caress out

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

facialimpediment posted:

That's a josh if ive ever seen one

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Truly something we all can get behind

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

y'all ever just do like karate poses in your hotel room listening to the doors and just like freak the gently caress out

Of course man, and my son has HIV now too.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

What?! No!

...but I did hurt my hand while fly fishing on R&R.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
It's the beginning of the end for Miami, guys.

A $3 billion problem: Miami-Dade’s septic tanks are already failing due to sea rise

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/environment/article224132115.html

quote:

Miami-Dade has tens of thousands of septic tanks, and a new report reveals most are already malfunctioning — the smelly and unhealthy evidence of which often ends up in people’s yards and homes. It’s a billion-dollar problem that climate change is making worse.

As sea level rise encroaches on South Florida, the Miami-Dade County study shows that thousands more residents may be at risk — and soon. By 2040, 64 percent of county septic tanks (more than 67,000) could have issues every year, affecting not only the people who rely on them for sewage treatment, but the region’s water supply and the health of anyone who wades through floodwaters.

“That’s a huge deal for a developed country in 2019 to have half of the septic tanks not functioning for part of the year,” said Miami Waterkeeper Executive Director Rachel Silverstein. “That is not acceptable.”

Septic tanks require a layer of dirt underneath to do the final filtration work and return the liquid waste back to the aquifer. Older rules required one foot of soil, but newer regulations call for double that. In South Florida, there’s not that much dirt between the homes above ground and the water below.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Glad the internet cops forcefully removed their posting privileges.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Bored As gently caress posted:

It's the beginning of the end for Miami, guys.

A $3 billion problem: Miami-Dade’s septic tanks are already failing due to sea rise

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/environment/article224132115.html

No "this is fine" dog big enough. Don't we have a smiley for that

Oh it's :tif:

Milo and POTUS fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Jan 14, 2019

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Bands of roving Florida Men rove the wasteland of poo poo-covered downtown Miami on fanboats, a cloud of vaporized methamphetamine left in their wake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Milo and POTUS posted:

That's a Chad if ive ever seen one