Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Tiggum posted:

Changing the lyrics of a song to something unrelated does not fall within that description.

it is an imitation of the song (hence why it sounds similar to the song in question) with different lyrics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Solice Kirsk posted:

I'm not saying tortillas are bad. It's just that with burritos, much like people, it's whats on the inside that counts.

You’re not wrong, but much like pizza crust and sandwich bread, there are tortillas that stand above the pack and are still delicious alone (or dunked in salsa)

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Things like burrito bowls defeat the entire point of the food in question. Opening up the tortilla and dumping it all in a bowl doesn't make it a new experience, it should only be done as a last resort where you forgot to buy tortillas. aaaaw

The point of the bowl is to get all the tasty stuff inside a burrito - vegetables, meat, beans - without the flour tortilla that is pretty much just fat and flour and the least nutritious thing about a burrito.

E: whoops, should have refreshed.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

HairyManling posted:

The point of the bowl is to get all the tasty stuff inside a burrito - vegetables, meat, beans - without the flour tortilla that is pretty much just fat and flour and the least nutritious thing about a burrito.

E: whoops, should have refreshed.

i'm not eating a burrito to be nutritious. It's ok to be unhealthy sometimes.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

A burrito is nutritious, as long as you don't load it with refried beans and sour cream or what have you

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Tiggum posted:

You're right, how could anyone but the greatest wordsmith of a generation come up with stuff like this

Actually "your butt is wide, well mine is too, better watch your mouth or I'll sit on you" rules

E: "The pavement cracks when I fall down, I've got more chins than chinatown" also rules.

veni veni veni has a new favorite as of 03:35 on Jan 14, 2019

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Gripweed posted:

A burrito is nutritious, as long as you don't load it with refried beans and sour cream or what have you

Refried beans are a weird pick for “unhealthy ingredient” imo, they’re more calories than other preparations of beans but not really by a meaningful amount, and still have the same protein and fiber.

Also in general it seems really hard to make a health call on “burrito” with no specifics. They can vary.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
if you're looking into the health values of a quesarito, i've got some bad news

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I dislike the entire coterie of NPR contributors like David Sedaris, Sarah Vowell, Terry Gross, the This American Life guy, Radiolab etc. Anyone that claims to like this boring poo poo is lying to look more sophisticated. I rather chop off my balls before hearing David Sedaris tell a story about his relationship with his Fitbit.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Mu Zeta posted:

I dislike the entire coterie of NPR contributors like David Sedaris, Sarah Vowell, Terry Gross, the This American Life guy, Radiolab etc. Anyone that claims to like this boring poo poo is lying to look more sophisticated. I rather chop off my balls before hearing David Sedaris tell a story about his relationship with his Fitbit.

If nothing else it gave us the delightful parody radio stations of the GTA series.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Mu Zeta posted:

I dislike the entire coterie of NPR contributors
This, but for nuanced and ultimately very simple reasons disallowed in this thread.

Tiggum posted:

There's actually more to the backstory than that, but like many games it's completely ignorable.
Deep space miners, Liandri Corporation, I know. In Unreal Tournament's case, the story matters even less, which is why I love it. Unless there's even more to the story than I'm dismissively handwaving away, in which case I'm up for some reading. Quake III isn't supposed to have an actual story, is it? :ohdear:

The storyline for Call of Duty is The Department of Defense bankrolls super realistic first-person shooters based on the perpetual war America loves to wage on literally the entire planet and each nation and each citizen of those nations which I find hyper-upsetting.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Terry Gross is a really good interviewer and This American Life/radiolab are generally entertaining and good. If you are gonna poo poo on NPR, go for Wait Wait Don't Tell Me and Prairie Home Companion cause that is the real NPR dogshit right there. Also David Sedaris is kind of annoying. Haven't even thought about Sarah Vowell in like a decade and I only remember she sounds like a 6 year old.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
If not for Garrison Keillor apparently being a rapist, I would enjoy APHC quite a lot; good memories of evening drives home from church and the beach two decades ago, and some episodes, they even had a joke or two.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Tubgoat posted:

Deep space miners, Liandri Corporation, I know. In Unreal Tournament's case, the story matters even less, which is why I love it. Unless there's even more to the story than I'm dismissively handwaving away, in which case I'm up for some reading.
The single-player campaign has an actual story of sorts with backstories on all the factions and the final boss and his lackeys. I can't really remember any of it because, as you say, it's completely irrelevant, but it's there.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I have little familiarity with NPR but one of my favorite twitter bits is the writer Jay Caspian Kang's utter hatred of Wait Wait Don't Tell Me.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I don't know who that is, but WWDTM is one of the most irredeemable excuses for entertainment ever created by man, so he's alright in my book.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

veni veni veni posted:

Terry Gross is a really good interviewer and This American Life/radiolab are generally entertaining and good. If you are gonna poo poo on NPR, go for Wait Wait Don't Tell Me and Prairie Home Companion cause that is the real NPR dogshit right there. Also David Sedaris is kind of annoying. Haven't even thought about Sarah Vowell in like a decade and I only remember she sounds like a 6 year old.

Tubgoat posted:

If not for Garrison Keillor apparently being a rapist, I would enjoy APHC quite a lot; good memories of evening drives home from church and the beach two decades ago, and some episodes, they even had a joke or two.

Both of these are things I think. I really like Terry Gross and I have little kid comforting memories of APHC too. I guess Car Talk is in the same boat, but for going home from church Sunday morning rather than going home from some other church thing Saturday night.

Actually, now that I think about it, I’m pretty sure my parents actually had cassettes that were specifically Tales from Lake Woebegone. Remembering it feels like as close to a warm blanket and cocoa I ever got.

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Let's play a different game.

christmas boots posted:

So sorry about your defective palate

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

*scoffs farts coughs scoffs*

I'm sorry your mother was an alcoholic (granted, that's only an unpopular opinion around the dock yards)

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I don't like pineapple.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

This is every episode of Radiolab

Jad Abrumad: "We spoke to Dr. Figgis Cumtree-"
Dr. Cumtree: "Hello, I'm Dr. Figgis Cumtree"
JA: "-professor of bats at Pope Lick University-"
DC: "I'm the associate professor of Chiroptera studies at Pope Lick University"
JA: "-about what happens when-"
DC: "bats"
JA: "-go to sleep"
*the last half of "sleep" just keeps going on, getting deeper and deeper, bat squeaking sounds are mixed in, a woman gently sings a lullaby, the bat squeaking slows and stops, cartoon snoring sounds are heard, children giggle, a load of silverware is thrown down a flight of stairs, a rooster crows*

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Gripweed posted:

This is every episode of Radiolab

Jad Abrumad: "We spoke to Dr. Figgis Cumtree-"
Dr. Cumtree: "Hello, I'm Dr. Figgis Cumtree"
JA: "-professor of bats at Pope Lick University-"
DC: "I'm the associate professor of Chiroptera studies at Pope Lick University"
JA: "-about what happens when-"
DC: "bats"
JA: "-go to sleep"
*the last half of "sleep" just keeps going on, getting deeper and deeper, bat squeaking sounds are mixed in, a woman gently sings a lullaby, the bat squeaking slows and stops, cartoon snoring sounds are heard, children giggle, a load of silverware is thrown down a flight of stairs, a rooster crows*
Spookily accurate. :stare:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

TheMaskedUgly posted:

I'm sorry your mother was an alcoholic (granted, that's only an unpopular opinion around the dock yards)

It’s ok, you did the best you could.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

TheMaskedUgly posted:

I'll have you know that I drink WAY more then my mother ever has.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Five Guys is expensive trash and so is Chick-fill-a. In-n-Out is great and I'll hold my judgement on WhataBurger until I have it.

Also, if you don't order it animal style then you're doing it wrong.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Five guys is good and chik FIL a is good but I always feel everything is just a dollar or two too expensive

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Five Guys is expensive trash and so is Chick-fill-a. In-n-Out is great and I'll hold my judgement on WhataBurger until I have it.

Also, if you don't order it animal style then you're doing it wrong.

i prefer five guys, honestly. they are expensive, but their burgers are the best i've tasted (quality seems to depend on the location, just like steak n shake) and you can get a bucket of fries for a few bucks. They also got em' coke dispensers where you can do dumb poo poo like a coke zero with orange and lime. my favorite.

oldpainless posted:

Five guys is good and chik FIL a is good but I always feel everything is just a dollar or two too expensive

agreed.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
The only fast food places I've ever eaten at are McDonald's, KFC and Subway and all 3 are great

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
>:^(

Veggie patties from Subway are p. gud

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Chick fil a is overrated rear end tier chicken, that people talk up so they can pretend it's okay to give their money to people who support 'murder LGBT people' initiatives and poo poo.

For real though, I hope CFA as a company burns down and rots in hell.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Chick Fil A tastes pretty good, but I don't eat there much due to the LGBT thing and yeah, it's should be a couple of bux cheaper for what you get. I actually kind of dig that they have normal portions, unlike most fast food which is like 3x more food than I should be eating, but they don't really pass the savings on. meals should be like >$6 there.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I haven't been to a chick fil a in forever because it never seems to be in a convenient place. It's good but if I'm in a fast food mood I'll usually just go to wendy's for the (usually) superior spicy chicken sandwich. Better location, better food unless you get unlucky and they give you the chicken at the bottom of the tray that has been sitting there drying out for 72 hours or whatever.

also chick fil a almost never listens when I tell them I don't want the drat pickles on the regular sandwich. I hate pickles to begin with but it's even more off-putting when it's the only topping.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

They should make another live-action Dragon Ball Z movie. It should be about Krillin, and Krillin should be played by Rob Corddry

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Yardbomb posted:

Chick fil a is overrated rear end tier chicken, that people talk up so they can pretend it's okay to give their money to people who support 'murder LGBT people' initiatives and poo poo.

For real though, I hope CFA as a company burns down and rots in hell.

shut the gently caress up, no they don't. the man who made the company gave money to those organizations, not the company itself

this is why we dont do politics here

Gripweed posted:

They should make another live-action Dragon Ball Z movie. It should be about Krillin, and Krillin should be played by Rob Corddry

this but instead of that guy, he should be played by verne troyer

edit: GOD! drat IT

spit on my clit has a new favorite as of 02:01 on Jan 15, 2019

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

spit on my clit posted:

shut the gently caress up, no they don't. the man who made the company gave money to those organizations, not the company itself

this is why we dont do politics here

edit: GOD! drat IT

Actually the company itself did, via its charity “WinShape Foundation”. That’s kind of where the whole controversy started.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
They are crazy overrated. I guess the variety of sauces is fun.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

spit on my clit posted:

Verne Troyer did not give off a Krillin vibe at all

Also, Verne Troyer is dead

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Channing Tatum as Goku
Jonah Hill as Krillin
Ron Perlman as Piccolo
The Rock as Vegeta
And I guess Jack Black can be Frieza

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

christmas boots posted:

Channing Tatum as Goku
Jonah Hill as Krillin
Ron Perlman as Piccolo
The Rock as Vegeta

Jonah Hill is going to need to pull a serious Chris Pratt

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

christmas boots posted:

Channing Tatum as Goku
Jonah Hill as Krillin
Ron Perlman as Piccolo
The Rock as Vegeta

The Rock is terrible as a bad guy. Even a "bad" guy like later seasons Vegeta. Have you ever seen Doom?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

spit on my clit posted:

No they don't. The man who made the company gave money to those organizations, not the company itself

Yeah they do, also same entity either way, CFA sucks, don't defend the mediocre chicken joint's funding of anti-LGBT death squads and poo poo.

christmas boots posted:

Actually the company itself did, via its charity “WinShape Foundation”. That’s kind of where the whole controversy started.

:yeah:

Yardbomb has a new favorite as of 02:51 on Jan 15, 2019