Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Strange Quark posted:

Joker is already on a Nintendo console because Q2 exists

And is a fairly recent game where Joker is a prominent, non-cameo character. So even if P5 doesn't hit the Switch (which I really think it should at this point, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 alone has shown me the Switch is great for RPGs) he's still a better fit than Cloud was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Innocent Sin: Done.

Off to EP, at some point.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://twitter.com/Effin_Ryuji/status/1079450687426027520?s=20

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Happy New Years SMT thread :v:

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Alder posted:

Just wanna give thanks to YHVH for this blessed year and also for not killing u all yet.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Alder posted:

SMTV will be out in 2019, I just know it! :v:

Someone quote this a year from now to point out how wrong I was.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

I said come in! posted:

SMTV will be out in 2019, I just know it! :v:

Someone quote this a year from now to point out how wrong I was.

Dehry posted:

Winter 2014

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
new year, new playthrough of persona 1 and maybe do snow queen route

godspeed folks

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

So I really want for Persona 6 to have the humans be the real villains. I'm tired of these cosmic puppet masters. I want humans to be like capturing and torturing and subjugating demons. The humans start all aggression and there's no excuse. I'm sure there are infinite justifications for this like drawing on the power of the other worlds and the demons in them. P3 kinda went that route but it's all backstory. I'd like the real antagonist to be humans.

I'd like them to be a team of villainous Persona users. Everybody is supposed to have them, even dogs. Yet Strega only got theirs by being lab experiments, the IT loses their poo poo at the fact The Killer has one and there's also only one bad Persona user in P5. A whole villain team of Persona Users who are behind all this evil poo poo would be a nice change of pace.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I think you're misunderstanding the Persona games. The monsters exist because of the evil and/indifferent nature that exists in humans. Persona 5 is the most obvious about this with the way the dungeons are just manifestations of a person's true evil feelings. You bring down a human villian each time you work through one of those dungeons. Both Persona 3 and 4 have multiple humans that are really bad people. There might be a literal god at the end of each game, but they only exist due to the negative aspects of humanity, which game them power to come into being in the first place.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I said come in! posted:

I think you're misunderstanding the Persona games. The monsters exist because of the evil and/indifferent nature that exists in humans. Persona 5 is the most obvious about this with the way the dungeons are just manifestations of a person's true evil feelings. You bring down a human villian each time you work through one of those dungeons. Both Persona 3 and 4 have multiple humans that are really bad people. There might be a literal god at the end of each game, but they only exist due to the negative aspects of humanity, which game them power to come into being in the first place.

Yeah but P5 was all just a giant plot by Valdy. He was playing Shido the whole time. And Izanami empowered Adachi and Namatame which is the only reason they were threats. Nyarly was also absolutely the mastermind of P2 and manipulating everybody.

Sure these evil creatures might be spawned by human weaknesses but those desires create entirely autonomous beings who act on their own ends. Nyarly killing the human race in P2 IS was clearly his ambition, for instance.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

NikkolasKing posted:

Sure these evil creatures might be spawned by human weaknesses but those desires create entirely autonomous beings who act on their own ends. Nyarly killing the human race in P2 IS was clearly his ambition, for instance.

I don't think that's completely true, because I'm not sure it applies to P3 so much. Nyx (and Erebus) don't exactly seem autonomous, they're manifestations of a collective human will and stay directly on that. They're less of a being and more of a force of nature, as much 'acting on its own ends' as a tornado is.

I can respect the want for a greater human Persona villain, but I honestly think we already had that in 5. Shido and Yaldabaoth are absolutely not 'on the same side' so to speak, so Shido generally stands on his own, he just happens to be using the same toolset that Yaldabaoth does a lot more crazy poo poo with.

I still want an outright Neutral antagonist in a mainline Megaten, though. We haven't had anything like that, and I really want to see what it would look like.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Cleretic posted:

I don't think that's completely true, because I'm not sure it applies to P3 so much. Nyx (and Erebus) don't exactly seem autonomous, they're manifestations of a collective human will and stay directly on that. They're less of a being and more of a force of nature, as much 'acting on its own ends' as a tornado is.

I can respect the want for a greater human Persona villain, but I honestly think we already had that in 5. Shido and Yaldabaoth are absolutely not 'on the same side' so to speak, so Shido generally stands on his own, he just happens to be using the same toolset that Yaldabaoth does a lot more crazy poo poo with.

I still want an outright Neutral antagonist in a mainline Megaten, though. We haven't had anything like that, and I really want to see what it would look like.

I guess SMTIVA doesn't count as a mainline Megagten game because it's a sequel? Dagda is perceived as Neutral.

And I dunno, Yaldy spends all his time trash talking humans and his ultimate goal is to kill and enslave us. I understand this is playing on the very real fact that humans do have a tendency to yearn for this kind of tyranny but it's still some demon lording it over us. You'll remember he's also just Discount YHVH. Are we gonna say YHVH is also just an extension of humans so we don't need humans to be the center of things? What I want is more stuff like Jack's Squad from SJ but as main villains and in Persona.

NikkolasKing fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Jan 6, 2019

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

NikkolasKing posted:

I guess SMTIVA doesn't count as a mainline Megagten game because it's a sequel? Dagda is perceived as Neutral.

I didn't actually play Apocalypse, so I didn't know! A quick check of his wiki page suggests he's definitely an interesting take, although I was hoping for something more fundamentally human.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Expect My Mom posted:

new year, new playthrough of persona 1 and maybe do snow queen route

godspeed folks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzHgXFk6V20

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1083368464188751873

$19.99 out today

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Out today? Huh.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Atlus finally got a PC game out!!

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.
Really dumb that they'd release classic now with Full Body on the horizon.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Can I drag and drop my SMT4 and AP from my card on a PC and play it on an emulator with 2x scale and Antialiasing? The 2DS small screen tends to hurt my eyes after an hour.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Persona 5 S is actually Persona 5 Standard for PC

b0lt
Apr 29, 2005

Dehry posted:

Persona 5 S is actually Persona 5 Standard for PC

Persona 5 Raytracing edition

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Tae posted:

Atlus finally got a PC game out!!

I just realized that the last time this happened was SMT: Imagine, and now I kinda wish I could play that game again. Not for long, that game wasn't very good, but that era of Megaten aesthetic on PC was great.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Cleretic posted:

I just realized that the last time this happened was SMT: Imagine, and now I kinda wish I could play that game again. Not for long, that game wasn't very good, but that era of Megaten aesthetic on PC was great.

Guess what, you can https://reimagine.online/status/

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I've been wanting to play this MMO again as well, even though I acknowledge that it was a pretty bad game.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
People familiar with game hacking have been noticing that Catherine port has a bunch of homebrew and hacking tools left in the source code. Like they weren't able to actually get assets from Atlus.
https://twitter.com/OtherEhm/status/1083826720095064064

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Atlus is a such poo poo company lol

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Captain Baal posted:

Atlus is a such poo poo company lol

For real

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

So am i correct in understanding that Atlus didn't give their port team the right dev tools so they had to use/steal fanmade tools to make the game?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

projecthalaxy posted:

So am i correct in understanding that Atlus didn't give their port team the right dev tools so they had to use/steal fanmade tools to make the game?

Yes. Though it was probably more Sega Europe wasn't given the right tools from Atlus Japan.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASpbDwMVfoE

Featuring Bayonetta from the Bayonetta series.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASpbDwMVfoE

Featuring Bayonetta from the Bayonetta series.

I really wanted to like this mobile game but couldn't tolerate how terrible the characters are and the constant popups trying to convince me to spend $100 a day.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

It's ok. I finished chapter 4 in the main story and the difficulty curve, and resources required to meet it, are starting to drastically uptick. About the time I am getting served more and more popups for ultimate summon tickets. Amazing how that happened.

I still log in most days to get my daily bonuses and maybe do a quest or two because I have brain sickness.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
The cosplay girl and Meat Balloon are great and Megakin’s conceptually neat but yeah the gun girl and idol girl are fuckin awful.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Gun girl peaked with her line about how her dream is to get drunk and shoot guns in the woods

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
There's another part where she goes nuts because all the demons other than Mad Gassers aren't following proper paintball procedures or wearing protective masks.
But idol girl is like a reddit IQ rant in human form.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I'll be honest, i click through a lot of the story stuff in Liberation after chapter 1 was kinda stupid. Sounds like its a good idea, maybe.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
That's true. Gun girl's personal chapter was good. It's a shame it all devolves down to Fight Three Waves Of Demons. The story is what's good about Liberation, there's some decently funny writing and good concepts. Idol girl doesn't show up till the end anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Basically I just need my phone Skinner boxes to have the pictures I recognize which is why i still have SMT Liberation (and DBZ Dokkan Battle and Fire Emblem Heroes and Final Fantasy Brave Exvius) installed. I have probably a chemical addiction to gachas at this point.

Also the thing where anyone on earth can publish their reviews of demons should have been in P5.