Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I'm pretty sure the season finale will show Kaz slipping on a banana peel and accidentally activating Star Killer Base.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Teek posted:

The hypothetical seasons 3 and 4 could then be a bridge to Episode 9.

What's the scheduling likely to look like on this? Presumably Resistance season two would be on around the same time Episode IX is in theatres, right?

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

S2 starts up in the fall, probably October. I'm thinking that they'll be well into post-TLJ by the time IX comes out. (I mean, TFA and TLJ take place in a few days time, they can only stretch that out on the show to a given extent)

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jan 9, 2019

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Rumors say ep9 will be 1-3 years after tlj, so Resistance can easily fill in any of those gaps.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

Wheat Loaf posted:

What's the scheduling likely to look like on this? Presumably Resistance season two would be on around the same time Episode IX is in theatres, right?

Yes, if it follows season 1, they'll start in Fall and have a mid-season break. Episode 9 will hit, then the second half of season 2 will pick up around a month after.

I'm figuring the FO will full take control of things to help establish why these "allies" don't come in TLJ.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I hope we get to see how they received Leia’s distress signal, on top of any FO shenanigans re:taking over the base.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Pretty sure Hosian Prime being smoked is going to cause a sea change in Kaz's behavior, not to mention the rest of the cast.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

twistedmentat posted:

Pretty sure Hosian Prime being smoked is going to cause a sea change in Kaz's behavior, not to mention the rest of the cast.

Those rich snobby motherfuckers deserved it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rocksicles posted:

Those rich snobby motherfuckers deserved it.

The best part is in the novels is that the FO loving Senators were also taken out by Starkiller base. The First Order gives no fucks.

Thing is, TFA and TLJ take place over what? Half a week? That means no matter how much time passes before Ep9 takes place, Resistance is going to show stuff from right after The Last Jedi happens. I guess that also explains why BB8 is back working with Kaz.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

twistedmentat posted:

The best part is in the novels is that the FO loving Senators were also taken out by Starkiller base. The First Order gives no fucks.

Thing is, TFA and TLJ take place over what? Half a week? That means no matter how much time passes before Ep9 takes place, Resistance is going to show stuff from right after The Last Jedi happens. I guess that also explains why BB8 is back working with Kaz.

IIRC, about a week and change from Kylo’s assault on the Jakku village to the battle on Crait, yeah.

The original rumor for the Ep. IX time gap was 3 years after TLJ, but more recent stuff has indicated something closer to 1 year, maybe even 8 months since Crait. It won’t take Resistance long to catch up if that’s the case.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Series ends tragically with everyone dying on an escape shuttle to Crait

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Azhais posted:

Series ends tragically with everyone dying on an escape shuttle to Crait

The dark poo poo nobody thinks about because they're too busy complaining about TLJ for whatever rando reason.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Some Mandalorian tidbits:

- The titular character's ship may be called the Razorcrest and is a Clone-Wars-era ship
- Said ship also apparently has the ability to carbon freeze occupants
- 8 episodes, targeting 40-45 minutes each, are currently in production.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
The latest Resistance episode was one of those "all-ages" plots that can be a bit frustrating as they slowly get to the teachable moment/reveal, but the action was solid, and Kaz's skills being noticed by Captain Doza and the continued development of Synara was interesting enough to carry me through.

Tam making the point to Yeager that they've indulged Kaz that many times so it's only fair to do the same for Neeku was a good moment too.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Hmm, so the two kids are Force sensitive? I'm not sure if I got that in their first appearance but it makes some sense. There's been speculation that some of the planetary stuff seen in the second half trailer looks like either Luke's Jedi temple planet and/or the rainy planet seen with Kylo and the Knights of Ren during the force visions in TFA.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Metalshark posted:

The latest Resistance episode was one of those "all-ages" plots that can be a bit frustrating as they slowly get to the teachable moment/reveal, but the action was solid, and Kaz's skills being noticed by Captain Doza and the continued development of Synara was interesting enough to carry me through.

Tam making the point to Yeager that they've indulged Kaz that many times so it's only fair to do the same for Neeku was a good moment too.

Yeah, this episode was one where my expectations started somewhere in the gutter due to the video description, but ended up pleasantly surprised by the end product. Also, any episode with the amount of HYPE FAZON that this one had is cool in my book.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Me: “Hmm, that trailer looks like they’ll be getting into bigger plots that connect to a larger story. Maybe this show is turning into something in the second half of the season.”

New episode: “The gang gets a pet!”

Me: *sigh*

Yes, the pet sets up a plot where a huge monster attacks the station, but it was obviously the pet’s mother but we all have to pretend we don’t know that. And I feel like I’ve seen this exact plot done better on Star Trek and/or Doctor Who.

I want to like you show. You’re just not making it very easy.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I think part of the problem is that it's clearly aimed at an even younger audience than Clone Wars or Rebels, so it's a lot simpler, and with the short run time and no two or three part stories it's really hard for an older audience to get enough out of it to grab onto.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

All of this was also said about season 1 of Rebels.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Yep. Remember when Rebels based an episode around Ezra and Zeb going out to buy groceries?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Yeah, but the thing is people were right to say things like that about early Rebels. It was a rough start, and wasn’t all that good until the end of the first season. Maybe that will happen here, too. But that doesn’t mean it’s wrong to be disappointed in the meantime.

I’m also worried that, with this seeming to be aimed at a younger audience, that won’t happen. Which is fine, this can be a perfectly good kid’s show that I’ll keep watching with my toddler daughter who calls the show “Pew Pew”. We’ll just have to see.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Cross-Section posted:

Yep. Remember when Rebels based an episode around Ezra and Zeb going out to buy groceries?

And then they got into a kidnapping plot and went to save some farmers by appropriating Imperial property

"You did all this...for fruit?!" - Stormtrooper #235

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

thrawn527 posted:

Yeah, but the thing is people were right to say things like that about early Rebels. It was a rough start, and wasn’t all that good until the end of the first season. Maybe that will happen here, too. But that doesn’t mean it’s wrong to be disappointed in the meantime.

I’m also worried that, with this seeming to be aimed at a younger audience, that won’t happen. Which is fine, this can be a perfectly good kid’s show that I’ll keep watching with my toddler daughter who calls the show “Pew Pew”. We’ll just have to see.

Rename the thread to "Pew Pew: Into the Filoniverse"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I didn't expect them to jump right into FO Invasion stuff, as most shows like this, not just SW shows, will do BIG HUGE REVEAL shows then follow it up with something lighter.

I wonder what Sinara did to that fuse box.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

thrawn527 posted:

with this seeming to be aimed at a younger audience

Is this something the developers have said or is this just something people have been assuming because the body count is lower so far?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Probably because we're supposed to care about the empire talking over a racetrack

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Moon Slayer posted:

Is this something the developers have said or is this just something people have been assuming because the body count is lower so far?

Yes, it's something they said early on, that Resistance was being aimed at a younger audience than Rebels - which means kids about 8-12, as Rebels and Clone Wars were young adult.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jan 14, 2019

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Azhais posted:

Probably because we're supposed to care about the empire talking over a racetrack

This is fully in the weeds and I know the answer is that "it's a star wars cartoon for children," but that part has never, ever made sense to me. This huge spaceport has need for defenses on a pretty regular basis but their defenses are... a half dozen race pilots, several of whom are literal children (how old is Kaz supposed to be anyway)?

I spent most of that episode thinking about the station.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

IRQ posted:

This is fully in the weeds and I know the answer is that "it's a star wars cartoon for children," but that part has never, ever made sense to me. This huge spaceport has need for defenses on a pretty regular basis but their defenses are... a half dozen race pilots, several of whom are literal children (how old is Kaz supposed to be anyway)?

Old enough to enlist, apparently. Kid was an active duty pilot.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm pretty sure either there's something on this planet the FO wants, like some crashed Clone Wars era super weapon or the Colossus is strategically important. I could see the latter because why else have a random refueling station there? Probably some important hyperspace lanes run though the planet.

Though this being Star Wars, it's probably something more than just mundane logistics.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I wonder when they'll reveal that the main kid has the Force? Not until after the series chronology gets past Last Jedi, I assume. :v:

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

IRQ posted:

Torra is the only actual kid on the squadron. Kaz is 19 or 20.

The Colossus also has a bunch of turrets but I think they got blown up the last time the platform got attacked by pirates.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Cross-Section posted:

Torra is the only actual kid on the squadron. Kaz is 19 or 20.

The Colossus also has a bunch of turrets but I think they got blown up the last time the platform got attacked by pirates.

We could see the turrets in the last episode but they didn't fire at the creature for... reasons.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Maybe it's the equivalent of aiming a Stinger missile at a tank

Or maybe the writers forgot :haw:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I realized that Dolza being an secret Imperial Veteran is odd because Griff is clearly an Tie Pilot and every ones pretty cool with him in his tie based ship, wearing his TIE Helmet. Unless Dolza isn't actually Dolza but he's Commander Genocide to exterminated the Hoojibs.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Doza was an officer while Griff was just a pilot so he probably got up to more shady poo poo that he doesn't want people to know about..

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I assume they'll do something else with it because the galaxy has to be absolutely filled with former imperial officers, and they probably are still running things for the most part.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Kaz was born 14 ABY
Torra was born 19 ABY
TFA takes place 35 ABY

He's 21
She's 16

It's Anakin & Padme all over again

Also, it's possible that the kids from Tehar are Force Sensitive, or at least the girl is, since she gets visions and dreams, hence why the Knights of Ren wiped out their village

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So the two aliens that run the shop, they're gay right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.

twistedmentat posted:

So the two aliens that run the shop, they're gay right?

Sure seems that way!