Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prussian advisor
Jan 15, 2007

The day you see a camera come into our courtroom, its going to roll over my dead body.

CornHolio posted:

Here have fourteen minutes of me mowing people down with the Best Gun Ever defending the B bunker on Monte Grappa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLy4Hx90zYk

BFV medics don't need SMGs buffed, just give them the Villar-Perosa.

That was maybe my favorite weapon in BF1, shame it was so rare to get to use it. It was kind of like an MG42 in handgun form, just happened to have a real tiny magazine. It's like a Bren gun was pregnant with twins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
it's sort of weird to play with streyr and wargod they operate in this rarefied state where even when there's six people on the server they end up with fifty kills in a conquest game

and to every other goon who is just constantly, foreverially reviving my stupid rear end: thank you. I can't chase tanks without you.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I am frustrated how unwelcoming is to people like me. I love the BF games, and I would love to play a BF game again.

I have tried again this weekend to play and enjoy BFV, but bounced on the surface again. I am a small minded pitiful petty idiot.

I hope they add a lot of unlocks to each class and a whole set of maps with more "flavour".

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
full patch notes:
http://eaassets-a.akamaihd.net/dice...12019_FINAL.pdf

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

*finishes reading patch notes*

:getin:

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Nice that they've fixed the killcam so that when I get one-shotted by a Lee Enfield, I'll know whether it was from the opposite map edge or just some less remote sniper nest.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Why the gently caress would you reduce the panzerfaust damage further

At least the explosive damage prone reduction was tweaked because lol at ever being able to kill infantrymen behind obstacles

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I've never used the panzerfaust after unlocking the PIAT. The PIAT is hilarious to use as anti-infantry.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

DICE is doing a really great job with this game jeez. I’m excited to jump in later.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
“The Stuka siren has been made louder.”

Good patch. Best patch.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Parkingtigers posted:

Good patch. Best patch.

yeah loool a lot of the other notes look like they really own, great job for once, DICE!

so last night, me Revo and Streyr ended up the last of a goongroup as our server pop dwindled to 4 v 7 with us on the losing end on Aerodrome Conquest at about 12:15am Eastern.

the 7 side started to tryhard stunt on us rolling out tanks and spawncamping so we stuck around out of spite. it was 180-600 when we 6-capped them, and we ran out of time at like 2am to a draw at about 90-50 lmao

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
Alot of positive changes for sure. I'm already really enjoying the game anyway so improving upon it is great in my eyes.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

last night summed up:

SHOOT

MAN

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
My usual RL Bone crew hasn't been playing this as much as they did the previous Battlefields. When is the goon crew usually on?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

My usual RL Bone crew hasn't been playing this as much as they did the previous Battlefields. When is the goon crew usually on?

Most of us are on after 6pm Central Standard. We're pretty evenly mixed between East coast, Midwest, and West coast.

I'm fairly certain we're friends, but my GT is Beastie Bomber. I won't be around tonight, but if you see me playing, add anyone else in that party.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Parkingtigers posted:

Good patch. Best patch.

Not even sure why there’s an option to remove it in the upgrade tree. There’s a few crap options across the vehicles but that’s probably the most pointless one.

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Also think we are friends. We usually get a group of one to two squads going a few times a week.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

• Increased the damage for the Mk VI Revolver. Two-hit kill range is now 12 m
    (previously 7 m), three-hit kill range is 30 m (previously 12 m), four-hit kill range is 50
    m (previously 30 m). Minimum damage is now 22 instead of 15. Damage dropped too
    steeply for the rate of fire and magazine capacity of this weapon.

img - M. Bison yes, YES!.gif

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
hell yeah always be revolving

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
I can’t wait to unlock the Webley but is it anywhere near as fun as the No.3?

Also breakthrough games for attackers are about to get much better with squad reinforcements getting buffed with call in artillery and smoke rounds. Imagine like 4 squad leaders getting together and coordinating layered smoke and HE. Probably won’t ever happen but drat, the possibilities.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Gunshow Poophole posted:

hell yeah always be revolving

I haven't unlocked it yet, is it awesome? I was a monster with the magnum in BF4.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Tei posted:

I am frustrated how unwelcoming is to people like me. I love the BF games, and I would love to play a BF game again.

I have tried again this weekend to play and enjoy BFV, but bounced on the surface again. I am a small minded pitiful petty idiot.

I hope they add a lot of unlocks to each class and a whole set of maps with more "flavour".

Yeah we know, we also don't care that you don't like the game, man. I'm sorry you don't but we're all in here talking about playing the game that's been out for three months. By now, if you aren't having fun you should have realized that and stopped playing.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Finger Prince posted:

I haven't unlocked it yet, is it awesome? I was a monster with the magnum in BF4.

It's no REX but it's fun and makes cool noises + good animations which is about the amount of thought I put into non-REX pistols

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!

Finger Prince posted:

Headshots are one hit kills in close range so yeah it owns

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

lambskin posted:

Headshots are one hit kills in close range so yeah it owns

gently caress yeah. Gonna be like the drat Obrez

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Goddamned netcode

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Weekends mostly. Battlefield 1 being the boring suckfest it was killed my BF habit so I don't play during the week anymore. BF5 has revived some desire, but it's still not BF4 levels of quality.

They sorta buffed the M1907 so that's exciting. Don't know why they increased recoil at range, it was already plenty outshot by the Gewehr and every other single shot variant.

PF nerf is good, would have preferred splash damage/speed buff for the tanks over the PF nerf. Anything that's not a light tank is still pretty useless.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
We are getting the British archer tank and German StuG with this update so I hope those are good.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Weekends mostly. Battlefield 1 being the boring suckfest it was killed my BF habit so I don't play during the week anymore. BF5 has revived some desire, but it's still not BF4 levels of quality.

They sorta buffed the M1907 so that's exciting. Don't know why they increased recoil at range, it was already plenty outshot by the Gewehr and every other single shot variant.

PF nerf is good, would have preferred splash damage/speed buff for the tanks over the PF nerf. Anything that's not a light tank is still pretty useless.

The M1907 recoil nerf makes sense after learning to tap fire that sucker. Its absurdly accurate at range if you shoot in 2-3 round bursts. Far too controllable considering its strength as a close range weapon. I just hope it's not too terrible at range after the patch.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Where to heck do I build stationary weapons this assignment is dogshit

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Are there any guides or goon consensus on the best guns and what builds or perks to take for them?

I got my ke7 assault rifle thing to like max I think and so is my gwhyer or whatever but idk what to do with them

Also I feel like so many more goons play this on xbox than ps4

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Gunshow Poophole posted:

Just get your hammer out and run around an objective looking for gun ghosts. Sometimes you have to build a platform first before the ghost shows up.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Waroduce posted:

Are there any guides or goon consensus on the best guns and what builds or perks to take for them?

I got my ke7 assault rifle thing to like max I think and so is my gwhyer or whatever but idk what to do with them

Also I feel like so many more goons play this on xbox than ps4

I love the M1907 with extended mags (the next patch makes the M1907 have extended mags by default fyi) and the Selbstlader m1916 which is a slow firing semi auto rifle that has a huge magazine and a 3 hit kill at any range. For support I pretty much only use the Bren. Pop a 3x on that sucker and go to town.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Gunshow Poophole posted:

Find a stationary gun, blow it up (I found throwing down tank mines and shooting them works best), and now you have a stationary gun that needs rebuilt.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Finger Prince posted:

Just get your hammer out and run around an objective looking for gun ghosts. Sometimes you have to build a platform first before the ghost shows up.

I think it wa sjust buggin out because I deeeefinitely put up five more stationary weapons today and only a couple of them counted lol

Done now!

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Julius CSAR posted:

Yeah we know, we also don't care that you don't like the game, man. I'm sorry you don't but we're all in here talking about playing the game that's been out for three months. By now, if you aren't having fun you should have realized that and stopped playing.

Thanks for reading my post. Anyway. I will be the guy on a tank on the next BF, making infantry angry and salty.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
how 2 use close-range fire support

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq3YJd8Xkns

this is from the 4 v 7 game the other night, pretty sure this strike made half the guys who were left bail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w1BTVoKNzI

I'm always torn between recording my idiot voice because half the tim during awesome Battlefield Moments I'm just cackling madly but I do like the commentary on events

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
next battlefield? :lol:

better get use to saying your going back to play previous battlefields.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Gunshow Poophole posted:

The two villages on Fjell are full of them, but only support players can build stationary weapons. Can also build AT and AA guns. I dunno man I did it in like, two rounds I think? Also just find one then have a buddy with c4 blow it up and rebuild it

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Gunshow Poophole posted:

On top of the other like eleventy comments up there you can also look for a green sheet of metal on the ground, looks like the armor plate in front of it when it's set up. You can find a few at the B flag on Hamada and there's one near whichever point is the house by the creek on Arras with a bunch of tall trees around it, not the one with the stone bridge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
yeah it was just bugged y'all, I finished it up by building 7 stationary weapons yesterday which I guess jumpstarted the assignment into completing the last two on the lil counter

completionist me