Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Paperboy posted:

I remember hating Timesplitters 2 as a kid but according to the internet that game is really loving good. Not sure why I hated it then, haven't played it now.

Spent a lot of time playing multiplayer with friends on the smallest possible map created in the level editor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skull wall
Jul 29, 2012

When I rented Xenophobe for NES as a kid it was the first time I thought putting out a specific game in the store should be a criminal offense. It didn't feel like an actual game

SoR Blaze
Apr 12, 2006
Spelunker for the NES is maybe the first game I ever thought was truly awful, but that's kind of a copout since the game is so famously terrible here in the states. I think it's weirdly beloved in Japan though?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

SoR Blaze posted:

Spelunker for the NES is maybe the first game I ever thought was truly awful, but that's kind of a copout since the game is so famously terrible here in the states. I think it's weirdly beloved in Japan though?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ysnwcmedpk

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Spelunker Party on switch is really good

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Max Payne 3 was a fun game

It was, when it was letting me play it.
I hoped they'd put the gameplay into GtaV but they just went back to mush controls auto aim again.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

enter the matrix was a pile of poo poo but it was so hype when it came out. i remember my 6th grade teacher spending an entire period one morning talking about how cool it was with the 5 of us that played it while the rest of the class just sat there

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Flannelette posted:

It was, when it was letting me play it.
I hoped they'd put the gameplay into GtaV but they just went back to mush controls auto aim again.

Max Payne 3 had such great moment to moment gameplay and whoever decided it would be a side piece to an unbearably miserable unskippable drama about a day in the life of Plutonis should be murdered

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
so much hype around Vectorman. friggin vectorman.. i thought it wasnt that good, like only 1/2 as good as earthworm jim. but he looked cool w/the balls so everyone liked it. idgi

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Darius Twin. we rented it from Blockbuster and kept it too long, so my parents wouldn't go back to blockbuster because they were afraid of the late fees and we couldn't rent any more games or movies for years.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Bicyclops posted:

Darius Twin. we rented it from Blockbuster and kept it too long, so my parents wouldn't go back to blockbuster because they were afraid of the late fees and we couldn't rent any more games or movies for years.

Lol?

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

Good game. Sucked that if you died once you lost all your power ups and were pretty much done for in the later levels.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

P-Mack posted:

Good game. Sucked that if you died once you lost all your power ups and were pretty much done for in the later levels.

Yeah. On cartridge, we could never get past that last stage that was just oceans of mini-bosses, there was no recovering from that. I finally beat it with an emulator years later and said "Take that Blockbuster video!" My brothers and I made up nicknames for our ship captains. I was The Undertaker because I would take the difficult bottom of the screen, the middle brother was Laser, and when the youngest one played, he was Protector, because he wasn't very good, so we just had him fly in the front of the screen and take a few hits for whoever else was playing until he inevitably died before the end of stage 2.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

quest 64 i think.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Got Subnautica last night partially because of Net Cafe Scandal posting about it and it was absolutely incomprehensible to me. All I can figure out how to do is swim down and then drown. If he reads this thread he owes me an explanation

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

goferchan posted:

Got Subnautica last night partially because of Net Cafe Scandal posting about it and it was absolutely incomprehensible to me. All I can figure out how to do is swim down and then drown. If he reads this thread he owes me an explanation

It's the best modern open world twitch streamer early access indie survival base building sim, and is still bad.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

goferchan posted:

Think of the fish as underwater bugs.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

goferchan posted:

Bro... yo've got to watch your O2.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Just realized what thread you posted this in. gently caress you. Figure it out yourself.

Edit: All right, I feel bad. You need to make an O2 tank and a repair tool to do proper exploring... do you have the blueprints yet? I think you start with them. I think its mainly just Titanium you need for that stuff, which you can find all over in the form of space ship debris. Take it to the fabricator

net cafe scandal fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jan 15, 2019

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

Just realized what thread you posted this in. gently caress you. Figure it out yourself.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

Edit: All right, I feel bad. You need to make an O2 tank and a repair tool to do proper exploring... do you have the blueprints yet? I think you start with them. I think its mainly just Titanium you need for that stuff, which you can find all over in the form of space ship debris. Take it to the fabricator

in a single post i went from knowing nothing about this game to knowing its dogshit

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

You can also pick up fish and eat them... but they fill up more hunger when theyre cooked. Which you can do in the fabricator. You can make water out of bleach which I think you make from combining coral tube material that you harvest with a knife with salt, which you can find on the ground in abundance near the area with the red grass. Mainly yo uhjust want to explore though... AYou get cooler stuff from scanning every plant and animal and piece of old ship material you see, so make a Scanner asap. I think its in the default item creation list...

And fear the Reaper...

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

speaking of sub mautica, natural selection 2. unplayable turd that required a super computer to run i pre ordered for $40 because i played ns1 non stop all through school. glad to see charlie "flayra" cleveland has done it again

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

goferchan posted:

Read your in game tablet's wiki about poo poo you discover, you'll skip hours and hours of pointless searching if you know the facts ahead of time.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

No O2 Tank Upgrade yet? Alright listen up shitdick.

Step 1: Sub to the Official Slim Jim twitch channel to receive a free blueprint of at least Yellow Tier rareness.

Step 2: Sell the blueprint on the steam marketplace for ~5$

Step 3: Buy an Elite Lootbox from the Subnautica FurAffinity Group which guarantees an O2 Tank Upgrade blueprint.

You're welcome, turd monkey.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

Lol I figured out how to make stuff in my escape pod after I posted that sorry. This game rules. I played for like 3 hours and it deleted my save and I was completely unfazed and started a new game

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

I watched a little bit of a subnautica stream when it came out and there's a fish that makes the awesome face when you feed it.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

elf help book posted:

in a single post i went from knowing nothing about this game to knowing its dogshit
It's really good actually. Sorry I doesn't have any underage anime chicks in it I guess. :shrug:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Frenz posted:

I watched a little bit of a subnautica stream when it came out and there's a fish that makes the awesome face when you feed it.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Step 1: Sub to the Official Slim Jim twitch channel to receive a free blueprint of at least Yellow Tier rareness.

Step 3: Buy an Elite Lootbox from the Subnautica FurAffinity Group which guarantees an O2 Tank Upgrade blueprint.

net cafe scandal posted:

Lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I know not what the first game I hated was, but I know now the latest.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

I know not what the first game I hated was, but I know now the latest.

lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lmao

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

elf help book posted:

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

HORMELCHILI posted:

enter the matrix was a pile of poo poo but it was so hype when it came out. i remember my 6th grade teacher spending an entire period one morning talking about how cool it was with the 5 of us that played it while the rest of the class just sat there

Lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

American McGay posted:

It's really good actually. Sorry I doesn't have any underage anime chicks in it I guess. :shrug:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uGCddldZ-Mo

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009