Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

ded posted:

I enjoy how our president makes sure to mention the degrading names he labels people who don't like him.

Also as his wife promotes anti-bullying.

Be best!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Proud Christian Mom posted:

This talk about Gabbard sounds an awful lot like those purity tests people get mad about

I dunno, is it a purity test to be mad at someone for giving someone else who GASSES their citizens a pass?

Force de Fappe posted:

Tulsi Gabbard is a sufficient piece of poo poo as it is because of her consistent denial of Syrian government crimes against humanity. The gay conversion poo poo just takes it home.

Thanks friend. Said it better than I did.

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

Tulsi Gabbard said as recently as 2015 that her anti-abortion, anti-gay stances haven't changed and clearly neither have her anti-Muslim stances. She was praising Modi for ethnically cleansing Muslims while the State Department wouldn't even issue him a travel visa due to war crimes.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Sergg posted:

Tulsi Gabbard said as recently as 2015 that her anti-abortion, anti-gay stances haven't changed and clearly neither have her anti-Muslim stances. She was praising Modi for ethnically cleansing Muslims while the State Department wouldn't even issue him a travel visa due to war crimes.

Wait that's a thing too? Great, just loving great.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1084647050208333825?s=21

Ok I chuckled.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Sergg posted:

At least she wouldn't appoint as horrible judges as Trump? And would perhaps run a halfway competent administration that didn't gently caress up routine task necessary to govern the nation?

Grasping at straws here.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Torrannor posted:

At least she wouldn't appoint as horrible judges as Trump? And would perhaps run a halfway competent administration that didn't gently caress up routine task necessary to govern the nation?

Grasping at straws here.

Shut the gently caress up with that. I could take a poo poo on the sidewalk tomorrow, and the sentient fecal matter that arises from the concrete, fueled by chicken soup bits and redbull, would make better decisions than Trump. There's no AT LEAST worth mentioning here. We have options before 2020 and she's not the best one available to take the shot at the brass ring fucker. Miss me with that warcrimes tolerating, gay hating poo poo, tia.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Torrannor posted:

Grasping at straws here.

Why?

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

ISRAEL DOESN'T HAVE CIVILIANS THEY'RE ALL VALID TARGETS
I'm a huge dickbag ignore me
"More competent than trump" is a REALLY low bar to hurdle.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Have you missed the last few years? It would be nice if a lovely person like Tulsi Gabbard couldn't ever hope to win the Democratic nomination, but I thought there was no way for Trump to win the Republican nomination, much less the presidency, either.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Donald Trump endlessly dunking on Warren is causing a very public meltdown by a friend of mine from school. And I get why she is mad and what Trump's constant insults mean, I do, but...maybe don't take the obvious bait laid by a bully whose tactics haven't changed since about 3rd grade? The road to 2020 is going to be loving loooooooooong.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I want to see Trump v AOC but I know it'll never happen because AOC isn't going to fall for anything like Clinton or Warren

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

hobbesmaster posted:

I want to see Trump v AOC but I know it'll never happen because AOC isn't going to fall for anything like Clinton or Warren

It's also constitutionally impossible! AOC is 29 and you need to be 35 to run for President, per the Constitution.

I mean, I suppose AOC could end up running against Trump, but at that point, there wouldn't be elections anymore.

So alas, we're stuck with tweet dunking. Trump was asked about AOC earlier today and responded with a "who cares?" so there's that.

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1084834446765899776?s=19

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I meant on twitter, between the reporter asking Trump about her and AOC making fun of Trump's finances this might actually happen!

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/lukeisamazing/status/1084580455985213440?s=21

:hai:

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

facialimpediment posted:

It's also constitutionally impossible! AOC is 29 and you need to be 35 to run for President, per the Constitution.

I mean, I suppose AOC could end up running against Trump, but at that point, there wouldn't be elections anymore.

So alas, we're stuck with tweet dunking. Trump was asked about AOC earlier today and responded with a "who cares?" so there's that.

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1084834446765899776?s=19

Oh man if she can get his lack of wealth into a cable TV news cycle the orange fecal smear is going to rage the gently caress out.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Takis understands no free rides, that's capitalism. Good on them.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Motherfucker is deployed making that sweet sizzle he can order them his drat self

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

lol Kuwait hard

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

Hey.

https://gritty2020.com/

That is all..

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

EBB posted:

lol Kuwait hard

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your...nt-you-to-read/

quote:

A scathing internal Navy probe into the 2017 collision that drowned seven sailors on the guided-missile destroyer Fitzgerald details a far longer list of problems plaguing the vessel, its crew and superior commands than the service has publicly admitted.

Obtained by Navy Times, the “dual-purpose investigation” was overseen by Rear Adm. Brian Fort and completed 11 days after the June 17, 2017 tragedy.

It was kept secret from the public in part because it was designed to prep the Navy for potential lawsuits in the aftermath of the accident.

Unsparingly, Fort and his team of investigators outlined critical lapses by bridge watchstanders on the night of the collision with the Philippine-flagged container vessel ACX Crystal in a bustling maritime corridor off the coast of Japan.

Their report documents the routine, almost casual, violations of standing orders on a Fitz bridge that often lacked skippers and executive officers, even during potentially dangerous voyages at night through busy waterways.

The probe exposes how personal distrust led the officer of the deck, Lt. j.g. Sarah Coppock, to avoid communicating with the destroyer’s electronic nerve center — the combat information center, or CIC — while the Fitzgerald tried to cross a shipping superhighway.

When Fort walked into the trash-strewn CIC in the wake of the disaster, he was hit with the acrid smell of urine. He saw kettlebells on the floor and bottles filled with pee. Some radar controls didn’t work and he soon discovered crew members who didn’t know how to use them anyway.

Fort found a Voyage Management System that generated more “trouble calls” than any other key piece of electronic navigational equipment. Designed to help watchstanders navigate without paper charts, the VMS station in the skipper’s quarters was broken so sailors cannibalized it for parts to help keep the rickety system working.

Since 2015, the Fitz had lacked a quartermaster chief petty officer, a crucial leader who helps safely navigate a warship and trains its sailors — a shortcoming known to both the destroyer’s squadron and Navy officials in the United States, Fort wrote.

Fort determined that Fitz’s crew was plagued by low morale; overseen by a dysfunctional chiefs mess; and dogged by a bruising tempo of operations in the Japan-based 7th Fleet that left exhausted sailors with little time to train or complete critical certifications.

To Fort, they also appeared to be led by officers who appeared indifferent to potentially life-saving lessons that should’ve been learned from other near-misses at sea, including a similar incident near Sasebo, Japan that occurred only five weeks before the ACX Crystal collision, Fort wrote.

Is that bad?

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Sounds like business as usual to me.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

When i was saying that "The Coast Guard does open water navigation better than the navy" i mean that as a joke, not as reality.

loving christ.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.

ElMaligno posted:

When i was saying that "The Coast Guard does open water navigation better than the navy" i mean that as a joke, not as reality.

loving christ.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Some things are overblown. Lots of ships do not have a QMC because they don't need a QMC.

Equipment readiness is always going to be rougher in FDNF ships because they are always underway and rarely have time to repair. I assume that big navy was aware of the material condition of the ship because of CASREPs for the broken gear. I'm not saying that it's an excuse for people not maintaining their spaces, though. I'd lose my poo poo if I found urine bottles anywhere, but I also threw snuff bottles away anytime I saw them.

The lack of training in the wardroom is really bad and should not be typical. The report indicated that other FDNF DDGs had similarly dismal rules of the road exam scores. For those not in the know, people are expected to score 90-95% before they can drive the ship. Fitz wardroom scored sub 60%.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

jesus christ

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

Some things are overblown. Lots of ships do not have a QMC because they don't need a QMC.

Equipment readiness is always going to be rougher in FDNF ships because they are always underway and rarely have time to repair. I assume that big navy was aware of the material condition of the ship because of CASREPs for the broken gear. I'm not saying that it's an excuse for people not maintaining their spaces, though. I'd lose my poo poo if I found urine bottles anywhere, but I also threw snuff bottles away anytime I saw them.

The lack of training in the wardroom is really bad and should not be typical. The report indicated that other FDNF DDGs had similarly dismal rules of the road exam scores. For those not in the know, people are expected to score 90-95% before they can drive the ship. Fitz wardroom scored sub 60%.

I hope theres still a glowing review of the goon led damage control effort?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

hobbesmaster posted:

I hope theres still a glowing review of the goon led damage control effort?

TVS and the DC response saved the ship for sure. I haven't seen anything negative about her or the crew in general with regards to their response or culpability.

The fish rots from the head. There are some major things hosed up in FDNF and it starts with leadership.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.

I know nothing about the USN or 7th Fleet but why is the ops tempo so high there that it's apparently contributing to poo poo like this? The idea of a modern warship's bridge being littered with piss-bottles is wild to me

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

BUG JUG posted:

Donald Trump endlessly dunking on Warren is causing a very public meltdown by a friend of mine from school. And I get why she is mad and what Trump's constant insults mean, I do, but...maybe don't take the obvious bait laid by a bully whose tactics haven't changed since about 3rd grade? The road to 2020 is going to be loving loooooooooong.

I keep wondering where or when to set my social (and most regular) media cutoff point.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Generation Internet posted:

I know nothing about the USN or 7th Fleet but why is the ops tempo so high there that it's apparently contributing to poo poo like this? The idea of a modern warship's bridge being littered with piss-bottles is wild to me

Its completely reasonable for a ship to maintain that ops tempo if you were able to keep crew morale and training and furnish repair parts in the normal amount of time. The navy is bad at all three of those.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Trump attacking Warren and Warren continually being defenseless has proven that the decorum wing of the party has learned absolutely nothing since 2016.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
At this point, the conservative legal establishment is quite impressive.

They seem to consistently be lovely people in new and interesting ways.

https://twitter.com/ZoeTillman/status/1084875200502681600?s=19

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Vasudus posted:

Trump attacking Warren and Warren continually being defenseless has proven that the decorum wing of the party has learned absolutely nothing since 2016.

To be fair her last 'defense' was getting trolled into taking a DNA test so maybe she just isn't cut out for this new, decorum-less world

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Proud Christian Mom posted:

To be fair her last 'defense' was getting trolled into taking a DNA test so maybe she just isn't cut out for this new, decorum-less world

I love her personally and I think she's brilliant but campaigning for president requires inspiring people to get excited for you.

I get excited at the thought of her as President but I feel nothing watching her campaign and that's a problem.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Good to see that the navy ran a guided missile destroyer like goonfleet runs hellcamps, complete with pissbottles and poopsocking.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

facialimpediment posted:

At this point, the conservative legal establishment is quite impressive.

They seem to consistently be lovely people in new and interesting ways.

https://twitter.com/ZoeTillman/status/1084875200502681600?s=19

It still impresses that some women hate their own gender that much.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

RFC2324 posted:

don't forget the era of Scrooge McD in the EVE thread

I got a hitler-pony for being one of the people in that thread that "wouldn't shut up about 'casual racism'".

You see, mentioning the "casual racism" that was rampant on the Goonfleet Mumble would cause long derails and shitstorms in the thread, and therefore people were not allowed to post that they thought there was no such thing as "casual racism" and that dumb edgelords on comms needed to be kicked the gently caress out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

EBB posted:

It still impresses that some women hate their own gender that much.

I saw this a lot with older women during the Kavanaugh thing. Conditioning is a helluva drug.

In other news if you don't publicly call Trump a fuckup I want nothing to do with your campaign.