Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Attention all masters, Ereshkigel needs YOUR HELP. She is trapped in the underworld and

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

MonsieurChoc posted:

The best LB servant remains Salieri.
Salieri will be hilariously easy to get though with the Paid Extra Class gacha comes up.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Pierson posted:

Attention all masters, Ereshkigel needs YOUR HELP. She is trapped in the underworld and

I'll just let Ishtar handle it. What's the worst that could happen?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Ereshkigal misunderstands Ishtar’s intent, forces her to strip to pass the gates of the underworld and then murders her?

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
https://fate-go.us/tour2019/

Marie's shirt... :allears:

And Fou's glasses~

I need that casual Da Vinci costume.

Ruby Prism fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jan 14, 2019

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
MARIE

2 CUTE

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Finally reached a master level where I can do 40AP quests, even if they're a bit of a pain without any good damage dealers of my own (though I have a number of strong people on my friend list already). Gotta find myself a good AoE NP and get the 4* +NP charge craft essence.

The servants I miss most from my JP account are Quetzalcoatl and Gilgamesh.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Billzasilver posted:

What if Merlin could give 50% NP charge :thunk:

I'd be happy with 25% on his charisma. Then waver + doublemerlin could get a servant to full np out of the gate

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
That is not a real burger.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gologle posted:

That is not a real burger.

Sure it is. It's for Saber. She likes to start things off with a light appetizer.

Who's that sitting next to Marie?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dawgstar posted:

Sure it is. It's for Saber. She likes to start things off with a light appetizer.

Who's that sitting next to Marie?

Considering the braid, probably Jeanne?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i'm gudako grillmaster

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

tfw you notice Roman isn't there :sigh:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Should probably still spoiler that.

Picture's cute.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.
It's fine, it's fine, he just went back to town, we're out of buns.

He'll be back any time now.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
He'll be back in three years, to be precise.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gramps is harsh.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
You know, I just realized something. I'm not sure how I feel knowing that even if we did get a sane Heracles in the game, due to him being the strongest, he would immediately job due to the Worf effect of showing that some other guy is a Big Deal.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
That was already Hercules' role in Stay Night.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Could you summon both Heracles and Hercules

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Sophism posted:

https://fate-go.us/tour2019/

Marie's shirt... :allears:

And Fou's glasses~

I need that casual Da Vinci costume.

Not sure if i like Fou in sunglasses, or the picture of Fou in sunglasses better.

e: gj namie :3:

https://twitter.com/namgoreng/status/1084989872945868800

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Argas posted:

Could you summon both Heracles and Hercules

In principle yes, but like most pro wrestlers Hercules is disqualified because some bullshit about being born after Tesla.

I think only The Undertaker and Andre the Giant are officially in the Throne of Heroes.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

I can't tell if you're making a joke or if the undertaker is really in the throne of heroes, please help

Gloomy Rube fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jan 15, 2019

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
let me buy the wassap shirt!!!

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

if you've ever thought "what would it be like if Heracles was the undertaker", let me tell you the good news about fate/strange fake

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Alien Rope Burn posted:

That was already Hercules' role in Stay Night.

This is why Game Overs are useful in Visual Novels, because Herc kills you in quite a few of them to show he ain’t Worf.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Vengarr posted:

This is why Game Overs are useful in Visual Novels, because Herc kills you in quite a few of them to show he ain’t Worf.

See that's why when I see people complaining about how Shirou has "plot armor" in adaptations make me smile because I think back to the 30+ times in FSN where you can see Shirou die horribly.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Dr Pepper posted:

See that's why when I see people complaining about how Shirou has "plot armor" in adaptations make me smile because I think back to the 30+ times in FSN where you can see Shirou die horribly.

If anything, sometimes you die for really silly reasons in the VN.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

A reminder that the very first two dead ends are from picking the incredibly sane choices "Get the gently caress out of this lunatic asylum of a mage contest" and "DIDN'T charge the giant invulnerable monster holding a rock axe/sword thing with your squishy human body."

Some absurdly dumb choices that lead to bad/dead ends aside, Shirou only survives the war due to possessing zero survival instincts and generally doing the exact opposite of what sanity would suggest.

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jan 15, 2019

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

The Moon Goddess rerun has been announced. I can't wait to see Orion's new animations in action.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I initially didnt care about the rerun but then i saw it has :frogsiren:PAGES:frogsiren: so gimme those gat dang dangos

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Moon Goddess has everything, it was the saving grace for its first run.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

It has Feathers and (some) Stingers.

(Oh gosh why do I need 150 Stingers Gilgamesh you greedy prick!)

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

dangos, dangos, dangos, dangos! :unsmigghh:

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Gloomy Rube posted:

I can't tell if you're making a joke or if the undertaker is really in the throne of heroes, please help

what bell did you think Gramps was talking about?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECUpZCN1m2I

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

NRVNQSR posted:

In principle yes, but like most pro wrestlers Hercules is disqualified because some bullshit about being born after Tesla.

drat, can't believe anya is a fake servant

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I didn't understand what people meant by chain hell until I started leveling First Hassan's skills. I can only imagine if I had another servant that needed them.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Gologle posted:

You know, I just realized something. I'm not sure how I feel knowing that even if we did get a sane Heracles in the game, due to him being the strongest, he would immediately job due to the Worf effect of showing that some other guy is a Big Deal.

Isn't every heroic spirit automatically nerfed by virtue of Gudako being a scrub-tier mage?
Sure, they're the world's greatest master, but their actual mana/power level is somewhere around "the farmer from Dragonball Z."
It's why Zerker Heracles isn't benefitting from the full effect of his 12 Labors and whatnot.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

the_steve posted:

Isn't every heroic spirit automatically nerfed by virtue of Gudako being a scrub-tier mage?
Sure, they're the world's greatest master, but their actual mana/power level is somewhere around "the farmer from Dragonball Z."
It's why Zerker Heracles isn't benefitting from the full effect of his 12 Labors and whatnot.
I think it's also the lore reason why skills have cooldowns. Basically the Servants can't use those skills 24/7 like they can normally because she can't handle the drain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

the_steve posted:

Being a great master is supposed to be Gudako's only redeeming feature. She can't cast a single spell outside of that (except by using magic clothing that does it for her), but it's specifically said somewhere or other that the quality, duration, and number of her contracts are unsurpassed.

As far as how the actual servant parameters stack up, we have a point of reference in the FSN servants. Using Saber as an example as she has the most data points, Gudako is a better master than Kiritsugu (by virtue of the luck stat alone), way better than Shirou, and almost as good as Tohsaka, who's supposed to actually be a genius level thoroughbred mage with god-tier stats for her age.

As for why we don't get Nine Lives and such, it's a game. If you read the character materials there are a lot of servants who have NPs and skills that are described but not utilized in the game.