Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Memento posted:

https://i.imgur.com/raR7oMt.gifv

"How was work today sweetie?"
"Oh, you know, the usual. Blasted off the end of an aircraft carrier and then shot into the air on an experimental rocket to test out the first insanely dangerous iterations of ejection seats."

I assume and hope they were crash test dummies, but you never know

Did their cart explode when it hit the water? That looks like a comically oversized plume that almost reached up to claim the second guy as he rocketed away :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Icon Of Sin posted:

Did their cart explode when it hit the water? That looks like a comically oversized plume that almost reached up to claim the second guy as he rocketed away :stare:

The footage is slowed down. Carrier catapults launch things fast.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Icon Of Sin posted:

Not to mention the detached seat of the first guy almost hitting and collapsing his chute...

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Cable Guy posted:

Not to mention the detached seat of the first guy almost hitting and collapsing his chute...

isn't that why ejection seats now fire a bit left and right in 2 seaters?

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Humphreys posted:

No where on that level but my best College prank was a 555 timer circuit attached to a smoke alarm buzzer. It would do one 'bip' randomly in a range of once a day to once a month. Hid it in a curtain rod and got months of satisfaction watching my target slowly descend into insanity. It was payback for the classic 'hiding prawn heads'

I'm a day late but the real trick to this (and something that happened to a friend of mine) is to have two buzzers attached to random timers, that way they can't track down where the beeps are coming from. By the time you start narrowing in on one the other will go off, etc, even if your target takes the time to start logging specific times and directions of beeps and disassembling all the computers and equipment in the lab

also don't do this in a lab it's probably not very osha to drive people insane at work

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Despair posted:

I'm a day late but the real trick to this (and something that happened to a friend of mine) is to have two buzzers attached to random timers, that way they can't track down where the beeps are coming from. By the time you start narrowing in on one the other will go off, etc, even if your target takes the time to start logging specific times and directions of beeps and disassembling all the computers and equipment in the lab

also don't do this in a lab it's probably not very osha to drive people insane at work

I got an annoyatron from think geek years ago. It was a little circuit board, battery and piezo speaker that made randomly timed beeps and squeaks. Also had a rare earth magnet on it so you could attach it to lots of things. Used it on our HR lady here. I finally fessed up when I came back to the office and there were two maintenance men with ladders and they're pulling out ceiling tiles.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Dr. Despair posted:

It's more effective in the shared grad student office than the lab, anyway. I had them forcing each other to leave their computers unplugged for days at a time trying to rule them out, microwave unplugged, coffee machine, etc. Was hilarious!

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Humphreys posted:

No where on that level but my best College prank was a 555 timer circuit attached to a smoke alarm buzzer. It would do one 'bip' randomly in a range of once a day to once a month. Hid it in a curtain rod and got months of satisfaction watching my target slowly descend into insanity. It was payback for the classic 'hiding prawn heads'

Do you remember what resistors and capacitors you used to set the timing?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Where to even begin

https://twitter.com/kashthefuturist/status/1083232069327695877

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

no

i am not

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

giving everyone a view with that skirt

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I got an annoyatron from think geek years ago. It was a little circuit board, battery and piezo speaker that made randomly timed beeps and squeaks. Also had a rare earth magnet on it so you could attach it to lots of things. Used it on our HR lady here. I finally fessed up when I came back to the office and there were two maintenance men with ladders and they're pulling out ceiling tiles.

I left one in my bosses office as a parting gift.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Jesus NO!

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Tafferling posted:

Has Lowtax secretly worked as a government experimental pilot?

yes, after his 3rd ejection they moved him to a diff department in area 51. The work created there eventually lead to the foundation of SA as well as lowtax' expulsion and loss of clearance.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

There truly are people with zero sense of their own mortality :stare:

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
I want to round up every MIT student who has ever hidden one of those annoyotron things and make them physically eat those loving things. With their mouths.

Deploying them on management is always 100% successful. But folks who deploy those things in public are like elevator shitters: UNDESERVING OF MODERN CIVILIZATION.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Well with my fear of heights it made me want to throw up so thanks.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Good thing the air is too thin for there to be wind way up there

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

How the heck can that possibly more efficient than

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

Phanatic posted:

The other cooling tower has buildings around it.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

The Hambulance posted:

The other cooling tower has buildings around it.

Destroying multiple buildings at once is more efficient than destroying one.

Dienes fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jan 14, 2019

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Phanatic posted:

It's a make-work job for that operator. He's got 2 more years until retirement and a pension. His eyes are kind of going too.

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

I want to round up every MIT student who has ever hidden one of those annoyotron things and make them physically eat those loving things. With their mouths.

I hid one at work, my pissed off colleagues eventually got a whiteboard, and recorded intervals. It isnt random.
I eventually had to remove it after they started turning off all our computers to try and isolate it, and started calling building management.

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

giving everyone a view with that skirt

so at least she's wearing hi-vis.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Farmdizzle
May 26, 2009

Hagel satan
Grimey Drawer

You can start with the obvious video compositing.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Leaving aside issues like height and plausibility, wouldn't it be a real bad idea to be standing next to one of those antennas? I thought they broadcast at pretty high power levels.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Renegret posted:

no

i am not

Sure.

With loving fall protection.

PittTheElder posted:

Leaving aside issues like height and plausibility, wouldn't it be a real bad idea to be standing next to one of those antennas? I thought they broadcast at pretty high power levels.

It depends. Generally they are ok unless you are standing in front of a directional dish in operation.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

PittTheElder posted:

Yeah, you might feel a little bit warm!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

PittTheElder posted:

I suppose you have a better way to get superpowers?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEAfe4M3iAk

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Reminder of the DBAGC rule. Jfc

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Burt Sexual posted:

Reminder of the DBAGC rule. Jfc

Don't be a.......?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
..... dont be a goddamn cock?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Zipperelli. posted:

Don't be a.......?

Lurk more :)

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3792020#post486709957

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Phanatic posted:

You have to make any process related to NUCULAR as expensive and time-intensive as possible because of :siren::siren:DEADLY RADIATION:siren::siren:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
crap they added rules

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

drat, haven't had this told to me since '02. I have failed. :saddowns:

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
LOL at the idea of paying for demolitions when you can just get George Bush to do it for free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Hey, how do I get that nifty Truckfucklers tag?